Movie Review: The Happening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuggles

I was there...he inhaled
Reaction score
I will be going to see The Happening later this afternoon. I will do one of my movie reviews if anyone is interested.

On a side note there is a train in the movie, the train was owned by a friend of mine, 3 weeks ago he got drunk and flipped his car. He was killed instantly, he left behind a wife and many sad friends. Please say a word or two for him if you do that kind of thing, he was a decent man he just drank too much it was very sad he was a character and a half and the most generous human being he really was.

Review to come soon.....I'm also gonna check the hulk out too maybe sunday...told you I was a hermit with no life, go to the movies by myself even, damn am i lonely sometimes LOL:D

snuggles said:
told you I was a hermit with no life, go to the movies by myself even, damn am i lonely sometimes LOL:D

You are not alone snuggles, I am with over half dozen movies, more than two dvds filled with anime, movies, series... Watch 90% of them, alone...

:D yea, I'd like to hear how you liked it, I read some reviews (none very positive) and it caught my attention.

let us know!

ecchhh. I hate going to the movies. I can not for the life of me figure out why my wife insists on dragging me there every chance she gets. I am a patient guy and can wait untill a new movie comes out on dvd (or sooner in most cases :)). I spent countless hours and money designing and building our home theater just so I would not have to go. I have a better picture (my screen is measured in feet not inches), much better sound, can choose my own snacks at supermarket prices, go to the bathroom without missing anything, and I dont have to risk getting in trouble for smacking some teenager that won't shutup. Not to mention that I can partake in my favorite pre-movie activity ;) in the comfort and safety of my own home without having to drive and spend money.

No matter though, I can rest assured that anytime some new movie celebrating cying and vaginas comes out I am going to be 40 bucks poorer.

So bless you Snuggles for taking one for the team and letting me know if its a good one or not. :)

mojosat said:
No matter though, I can rest assured that anytime some new movie celebrating cying and vaginas comes out I am going to be 40 bucks poorer.

So bless you Snuggles for taking one for the team and letting me know if its a good one or not. :)

HEY!!:angrywife: There are plenty of women who love sports and muscle cars and X games and bad jokes and beer pong and billiards who can cook like Mario Batali (well a semi-vegetarian one) AND LOVE A DECENT SCI-FI OR ACTION MOVIE (even tho' I'm going to see "Don't Mess With the Zohan"!)

But I can't seem to find one so I'm happily watching movies alone too!! LOL

I'd like to know how "The Hulk" goes - I want to see it too.

Dadgumit said:
HEY!!:angrywife: There are plenty of women who love sports and muscle cars and X games and bad jokes and beer pong and billiards who can cook like Mario Batali (well a semi-vegetarian one) AND LOVE A DECENT SCI-FI OR ACTION MOVIE (even tho' I'm going to see "Don't Mess With the Zohan"!)

But I can't seem to find one so I'm happily watching movies alone too!! LOL

I'd like to know how "The Hulk" goes - I want to see it too.

This may be the case, but none of em are married to me.:p

mojosat said:
This may be the case, but none of em are married to me.:p

UMMM - WAIT A MINUTE! I meant to say that I AM one of those women and I can't find a MAN who likes those things - NOT that I am looking for a woman who likes those things (WOW - HOW DID I END UP HERE?!?!?) I have NO problems with ANYONE, I'm just clarifying...(I think that I'll just go now - I no like so much the taste of my shoe!...) :bolt:

LOL I was going to see the Hulk as a second choice, maybe Sunday.

The Happening was not very good IMO. It was one of those movies where they ask a good actor to act badly and be cheesy (ala George Lucas and the newer SW movies). Mark Wahlberg's character made me want to puke the whole movie, he was too cardboard cut-out IMO. The script and story were bad, not bad just stale, boring. However it was an interesting concept but it wasn't pulled off well...without spoiling it all I will say is it does have some gardening/botany/plant plot to it. Also they finally let the poor guy do his own movie, no twist at the end and it sends a message a good message. If I was you I would wait for DVD and even then I might wait. I give it a D at best. Stale boring bad acting what more can I say.

Also I love the movies, reminds me of when I was a kid, a young kid not a 30 something kid LOL. Hulk is up next, I like a good flick in the afternoon to be honest, also I read the Hulk as a kid, he was cool. He's green if that counts towards anything.

When I was little I had a Kermit the Frog t-shirt that said "It ain't easy being GREEN!" (How true, how true...) LOL

That's a shame that "The Happening" was so bad; I was hoping to hear a better review cause it seemed like it had potential.

I read a few of the Hulk comic books when I was a kid, but I was really into the X-Men (can't tell you how many times I've seen those movies)! By the way, when I was in PA a couple of weeks ago some friends told me parts of the new Tranformers movie were shot in Bethlehem right before I got there, so that will probably be out next summer. :woohoo:

And speaking of movies (I just remembered) - guess what I heard is coming out next year...THE SMURFS!! It's supposed to be done in that 3-D anime/actor ntegration (like Alvin and the Chipmunks) and I just have one thing to say about that -

"LAA-LAA, LA-LA-LA-LAA, LAA-LA-LA-LA-LAAAA!"

dad, the smurfs AND fraggle rock! that was my favorite show as a kid..Fraggles FTW!

and please let us know how the happening turns out..hubby and i both are interested in that one. it appears to be classic M.Night material, but with more/better death scenes. i'm all for that :)

MamaGreen said:
dad, the smurfs AND fraggle rock! that was my favorite show as a kid..Fraggles FTW!

No way! I never got into Fraggle Rock, but I remember what they looked like! I mean really, what's next - the "Mighty Heroes"? (Rope Man, Diaper Man - that guy that made cuckoo clock noises!...) Sigmund and the Sea Monsters? Good Times?? (just kidding)

Great Space Coaster anyone? No gnews is good gnews with Gary Gnu?

I believe he was called Cuckoo Man LOL.
internationalhero.co.uk/m/mitehero.htm

Captain Caveman?

just got home from seeing the movie....It was alright, kind of a weak ending IMO but it was ok...kinda had a dark humor feel which I liked..

I give it a a C+ or B- :rolleyes:

TURKEYNECK said:
just got home from seeing the movie....It was alright, kind of a weak ending IMO but it was ok...kinda had a dark humor feel which I liked..

I give it a a C+ or B- :rolleyes:

I found Marky Mark too nice and fake the whole time. Yeah the ending was weak, although I did like the message, I think it applies to us all in this day and age.

I found Marky Mark too nice and fake the whole time.

Yeah his character was different than anything else he's done.
My favorite was the lawn mower scene. haha woah

TURKEYNECK said:
Yeah his character was different than anything else he's done.
My favorite was the lawn mower scene. haha woah

LOL it was a good scene. I also really liked the hotdog couple, that guy would fit in great here LOL.

snuggles said:
Great Space Coaster anyone? No gnews is good gnews with Gary Gnu?

I believe he was called Cuckoo Man LOL.
internationalhero.co.uk/m/mitehero.htm

Captain Caveman?

Now that's what I'm talking about - a little Great Space Coaster action! LOL!! :rofl: What's really scary is that I recently said to someone "No gnews is good gnews!" lol

Say, did you ever watch any old reruns of like H.R. Pufnstuf (gotta love that name) or Al Alberts Showcase and think to yourself "What, was I freakin' RETARDED or someting to watch this?!?"

Thanks for the link! :)

Latest posts

Back