Movin to the Green State of Cali.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deathsmile

Whats going on guys? Im Deathsmile, aka Deathie. Im going to be moving to Cali in 2 weeks and im looking into getting into the Medicinal Marijuana market. I will be looking to grow a supply for residents/dispensaries in my area. Im going to be doing an indoor grow and would love some help.

Ive been doing some research on different approaches and im leaning towards the BCNL The Bud Pro grow box. Ive been talking to some of their staff and they all seem like helpful understanding people.

This will be my first time growing and the features this box gives is what im looking for; an almost automated system that takes most of the guess work out. I dont really want to waste 3 months of financial profitability due to a minor mistake.

I was hoping i could get your collective thoughts on these grow boxes/alternatives to this system.

Thanks for your time guys, and i look forward to growing with you guys. Oh and btw, ill be more then happy to supply ample pictures when the time comes.

alot of good people in cali, should find lots of help!!! welcome to marijuana passion, lots of good people here too. good luck to ya.

:welcome:

Haven't ever grown and looking to jump headfirst into commercial production?? GOOD LUCK, my friend! No clue what this box is, but automated doesn't seem like the way to go, especially if you have no knowledge of the hows and whys....

I'd suggest starting small...one or two plants and getting your experience in with minimal loss potential....but good luck however you go!

Hey Roddy It's A British Columbia Northern Lights Bloom Box, I googled it. Some sort of hydro set-up.

Boxes, Systems, Built Grows etc... and anything that says automated i would stay far far away from.

I can 99.99999%, without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, just about guarantee you that jumping into it with a "production attitude" will net you this:

You will screw things up. Plants will fade early, die, you will be stumped. You grow will not be where you expected, Its highly unlikely your "medecine" will be purchased by any collectives; we have a supply problem and definately dont need any more commercial growers. Unless you grow the BEST...prepare to be laughed at, or donate your hard earned grow for pennies. The same meds you get 200$ an oz for cost 400$ to replace ;), so you better keep plenty. These commercial growers and vendors undercut any and every farmer and make it impossible to be proplerly compensated for your work. It is not glamorous, its not easy, not something I would move my residence to do. By far the most important reason; TAXES. If you move here, good luck finding a real job. Chances are you wont be able to make a honest living off growing marijuana as you should be operating not for profit. Making money and not claiming it is illegal, making money for profit off marijuana and claiming it is illegal. Lots of research for you to do.

:) lots
Good luck! :48:

*Medical Growing is not "pimp" or glamor, its not going to make you rich anymore. I would have to say its a very humbling experience. You come in expecting, but you soon learn not to assume, or count yer chicks early ;)

Deathsmile said:
Whats going on guys? Im Deathsmile, aka Deathie. Im going to be moving to Cali in 2 weeks and im looking into getting into the Medicinal Marijuana market. I will be looking to grow a supply for residents/dispensaries in my area. Im going to be doing an indoor grow and would love some help.

Ive been doing some research on different approaches and im leaning towards the BCNL The Bud Pro grow box. Ive been talking to some of their staff and they all seem like helpful understanding people.

This will be my first time growing and the features this box gives is what im looking for; an almost automated system that takes most of the guess work out. I dont really want to waste 3 months of financial profitability due to a minor mistake.

I was hoping i could get your collective thoughts on these grow boxes/alternatives to this system.

Thanks for your time guys, and i look forward to growing with you guys. Oh and btw, ill be more then happy to supply ample pictures when the time comes.

You and thousands (tens of thousands?) of others are wanting to do this....but don't expect to suddenly start cranking out medical grade bud. There is a learning curve to this growing stuff. I'm with Roddy on this. I would advise you to start small and learn the basics. You are also going to need more like 5-6 months (not 3) to go from seed to cured bud.

I did go look at the Pro Bud Grow Box and am not really impressed. There were no prices on them (how much are they?)....the largest I saw was only 3 x 6 (with what looked like a 600W, but it didn't say?) I also would not really trust "fully automated" (not sure what that means exactly). If you are truly wanting to grow commercially, I think you are going to need more than a grow box.And don't believe everything that salespeople say--they are trying to sell a product that I suspect is overpriced (or pricing would be on the websites..).

I understand that you are young and enthusiastic, but there are people out there that have been doing this for decades and are now growing monster plants on huge outdoor "plantations". Be realistic about your expectations. You are not going to go to Cali and make a mil growing mmj.

Welcome to MP.....if you have no experience growing then moving to Cali to make a living off growing a plant you don't know how to grow seems a bit odd.
It is not easy and like THG and OG pointed out there is a steep learning curve and jumping right into the Cali grow scene is setting yourself up for an epic fail.....start small, learn the skills needed to grow a great crop and then see if you still want to try and compete with the big boys out in Cali.

Jmo

:welcome: Read, learn, practice. Go small and get it right before you spend a lot of money trying to grow pounds of weed.

Well it seems i forgot or i just couldnt find the part where i said i was moving out there to exclusively grow and thats it? Of course im going to look for a real job this is just going to be on the side.

@ The Hemp Goddess:
I planned to start with clones, not seeds, so that takes time out and guess work unless the seeds were obtained from a seed bank.

-The box im looking at is 72x36x24 with a 400watt HID light with an air cooling system.

Seeing as im going to be doing this in an apt complex i need someway to mask the odor and keep everything out of site, and in a cramped 2/2 apt i think some sort of grow box like this is better then just using a closet.

I like the thought of having a closed system in which i can create a controlled environment within.

In the OP you made it sound like you were moving to cali to supply clinics.

I think that trying to grow any amount of marijuana, other then personal medication, in an apartment is high hopes. To think you can grow enough for a dispensary from a 400 watt light is actually really funny. Are you kidding? Pulling our legs? Comoooon be truthful...cause a 400 watt light may net you enough not to purchase from other growers between harvests.

Hope your not taking this the wrong way, this is just starting to sound like a "I wish" thread

:)

If you even want a dispensary to consider you, your going to need buds on hand, enough to give away free samples, and try X10 on the lighting Minimum. 4000watts. Thats a 10x10 bedroom or so.

Im not looking to produce a constant supply, i just need someone or something to have in place to dump my product once im at the point. Im not really a huge smoker at all, so im not worried about the in between harvest situation.

Youre saying 400watts isnt good enough? I just read a thread about using 150watts...

I was under the impression you were gonna grow for dispensaries. I have a similar environment to your grow box, fresh air intake, Nice 265cfm blower, and a 400 watt Lumatec, OG's right, I can't grow enough in there for the Mrs. let alone friends, oh ya, and me!!! I couldn't do this stealth stuff in a apartment house either. Anyway good luck again to ya, I'll be watching for your posts and pics.

Thanks Skag. The dispensaries were just a thought. My biggest concern is the odor. i was looking into using some sort of grow tent but i dont know if the smell could be masked by CO2 in an apt.

I have a question though, does "autos" refrer to seeds that are automatically feminized? And if so, what is the normal % that all the seeds acquired will be female?

The questions and assumptions you are making so far tells me that you are in no way even close to thinking about growing herb for folks other then yourself my friend.
CO2 is oderless......
"Dump your Product" Not going to happen. The market in Cali will eat you alive.
Please don't be offended man, we are just tryin' to save you from expecting that you can make an extra dollar from growing herb.

Basics man, basics. Before even thinking about working with a dispensary, you should concern yourself with basic terminology, like what an "auto" really is. How CO2 really works. How the odor of a garden is controlled.
Not to mention what nuit line to run, growing method, PH,PPM, room conditions and many other items to make a garden grow.

Oops, i havent been getting much sleep, i meant Carbon in the place of CO2 to help with the smell, and CO2 to help filter the air/help the buds become more dense.

I was going to get into the pH of the water along with the ppm of different nutes as well as what brands/types of nutes i should use in the future once i try and figure out what type of grow system i should use in the first place.

Soil? Hydro? Aeroponic? i know there are a lot of options so i need to start there and then work my way into what type and amount of nutes i need at each stage.

Deathsmile said:
Im not looking to produce a constant supply, i just need someone or something to have in place to dump my product once im at the point. Im not really a huge smoker at all, so im not worried about the in between harvest situation.

Youre saying 400watts isnt good enough? I just read a thread about using 150watts...
You can grow with a wide variety of lights and such but its about quality when it comes to dispensaries and 1 400 w light in a room thats 72x36x24 is not going to cut it, go back and read the 150watt thread and see how big that guys room was man, i bet its way small then this.

Auto strains:
This means that flowering is triggered by age rather then light/dark schedule.
Co2:
You get plenty of Co2 from the air with proper ventilation.

rotten_socks420 said:
You can grow with a wide variety of lights and such but its about quality when it comes to dispensaries and 1 400 w light in a room thats 72x36x24 is not going to cut it, go back and read the 150watt thread and see how big that guys room was man, i bet its way small then this.

Um... here:
-The box im looking at is 72x36x24 with a 400watt HID light with an air cooling system.

That measurement is refereeing to a grow box i had previously mentioned a post or so above, not a room size.

Its in inches, so its 6ft tall, 3ft wide, and 2ft deep. It has an adjustable bottom try to move the plants high to the light if need be.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think 400w is plenty for that space, but that space is only enough for a couple plants in bloom.

Latest posts

Back