Moving from mountain top to valley to force flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socal-outdoor

Reaction score
Just thinking outloud here: let say someone had a healthy 3-4 foot tall female its lived its entire life on a really sunny hilltop with apreety good veiw of sunset and sunrise. Now if someone eased her into a bucket and carried her down the hillinto a preety steep BLIND "V" shape valley, about 55 yards across 20-30 deep at the mid way.

would the lack of light maybe be enough to enduce flowering?

Are there any ways one could enduce flowering outdoors without having to cover them up every day?

Ok I know its preety lame to reply to my own thread but I had another idear:

WHAT IF (drum roll) : You have a theorhetical front yard and backyard.

The backyard has a preety powerful sodium hallide maybe 500 watt? streetlight. covering half your garden after dark over the fence and some other light foliage. Maybe 20 yards away.

The frontyard has only "the big hallide in the sky" feeding your plants.

lets says you grew your plant in the front yard and you wanted to induce flowering? Could you transefer the plant to the backyard where it gets 20-24 hours a day of light for a month or two and THEN transfer it back to the frontyard (sunlight only) regiment to induce flowering?

Someone has had to come up with this before, right?

hmmm...socal, I have tried a few experiments along these lines. We had a member here sometime back that "claimed" he could force mj to flower right through the longest days of summer and mature on or near the 4th of July. Unfortunately he was never able to provide anything other than .."his tale" to back the story up.
II have tried takeing plants directly from 24/0 hid to around 12 hrs of darkness OD in early spring. They have always started to flower, but as the days continues to get longer each day, they would revert to veg and NOT continue budding to maturity.
On another note, I have placed plant OD from 24/0 hids on the first day of june,(only 20 days from summer solctice)and they immediatly kick start flowering and continue to matureity.
What it has convinced me of is that OD plants do not require a full 12 of darkness to flower, but they do need to have the light cycle on the decline to continue to maturity.
Planting on the east face of hills, or in valleys as you're talking, can speed the induction of flowering a bit. I've found those can begin flowering a bit sooner resulting in a slightly earlier harvest.

Latest posts

Back