multi strain grow 1st journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llama

Reaction score
This is my first journal and my second attempt at growing.
My bathtub garden last fall was a total success and I am still enjoying the fruits of my labor.
Well my bride has decided that the bathroom is not a proper location for a garden so I have been given a spare bedroom to do with what I please!

My growroom is now 10' x 20' of air conditioned space so I don't need all the venting. Two el cheapo oscillating fans keep the room at 78 degrees. Directly under 600w hps it is 82 degrees.It's downstairs away from our main living area and very discreet.
Monday evening I planted 2 seeds of each strain
White Widow fem(Nirvana)
Northern Lights fem auto(Nirvana)
Jock Horror fem auto(Nirvana)
Original Blueberry fem(BC Bud)
in starter peat pots under a humidity dome. I'm using Fox Farm organic potting soil under 600w hps.
So now I wait....and wait....and wait...

I will post pictures as soon as there is more to see than dirt.:watchplant:

You might want to partition off the room...no way one 600w is gonna work in a space that big. You want 3000 lumens a sqr foot for veg and 5000 for flower.
You also need to exchange the air in the grow space...

Like Hamster said, you need a smaller space. A 600W is good for about 16-18 sq ft--you have 100. You need to get some kind of reflective enclosure built so that your light is not disbursing throughout the entire room. You also need ventilation, regardless of what your temps are. You need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the light are on. You need to actually exchange the air in your space--out with the old and in with the new. Smell may also be a problem and the only way to deal with smell is a carbon filter and a decent fan that creates negative pressure within your space.

Keep a close eye on those "fems" from Nirvana--many people it seem are ending up males or hermies.

I'm in for this one. I'm with Hammy and THG, You need a smaller space and fresh air. This journal sounds good though. GREEN MOJO!!

I probably did double post this but be patient with me as I was probably enjoying the fruits of my labor.

I don't have my garden all over the room. I have my set-up in a 6x6 area in the room. I'm only going to grow 8 plants at a time and they will be on my 2'X4' tray cart under the light. It's just that the room is big enough the way I'm set up I don't need a bunch of venting cut through the wallsas everything stays cool with AC and 2 fans and the air circulates and exchanges nicely.
I will keep an eye on that and vent if necessary.
My walls and ceiling are painted bone white and I have a roll of reflective sheeting that I will use if I can't get enough light on the girls.
The seedlings will be transplanted into 2.5 gal pots when the plants are lagre enough.

I had good luck last year with the JH and NL from Nirvana. The problem was they are suppose to be auto fems but they did not auto-flower. They grew very well under lights just like any other strain.
I'm really concerned about the Blueberry because I bought them from BC Bud. After I ordered them, I found several reviews that were negative about them so I do have some worry about that.

I have life!!
2 Out of 2 Nothern Lights
1 Out of 2 White Widow
1 Out of 2 Blueberry
1 Out of 2 Jock Horror
have all popped out his morning. I gently moved the dirt aside and the three other seeds have all germed nicely and should poke out later today or by tomorrow at the latest.

Congrats on the new additions Llama! Where's the pics at? :postpicsworthless: Sounds like the tray (2x4) will give you about half of the space you could flower with a 600 watt lamp... That being said, I'd still consider partitioning it off so that no light escapes the sides of the area... The light will try and fill the entire area unless blocked and reflected back towards center... Just food for thought my friend; good luck with the new babies!

I'll be posting pic's soon.
I have room to grow a bunch and I can legally grow 18 plants.....however,....things are a little weird in MT with the feds busting growers and the legislature wasting time and money.
I decided to just grow for my wife and I and stay under the radar. I know the light will spread out but with just 8 plants, I'm thinking we'll be OK. However,
I have an idea for a room divider that will be made out of pvc pipe and reflective plastic sheeting or perhaps adding a couple of cfls around the sides.

I don't need a bunch of venting cut through the wallsas everything stays cool with AC and 2 fans and the air circulates and exchanges nicely.
Where's the Co2 coming from? Only 2 places you can get it effectively...pro Co2 system($1000+) or fresh outside air. I just want you to get the most of your efforts.

I ran a 2X4 tray in a 5X5 room. I put the tray against one wall, and hung a 1/8in 3X4ft sheet of hard plastic(depot) covered in mylar from ceiling with twine...reflecting light from open side. Both ends of tray were left open for fans to blow through.

This way I could move the "floating wall" to inspect plants, trim or whatever.Worked great for a couple years.

Budders Keeper said:
Where's the Co2 coming from? Only 2 places you can get it effectively...pro Co2 system($1000+) or fresh outside air. I just want you to get the most of your efforts.

I ran a 2X4 tray in a 5X5 room. I put the tray against one wall, and hung a 1/8in 3X4ft sheet of hard plastic(depot) covered in mylar from ceiling with twine...reflecting light from open side. Both ends of tray were left open for fans to blow through.

This way I could move the "floating wall" to inspect plants, trim or whatever.Worked great for a couple years.

I have good air exchange from outside by just leaving the door open. Fresh air from outdoors comes in through an open window.

I am fortunate enough to live in the country so I rarely get unannounced visitors and I can see and hear anybody approaching from 1/4 mile away.

The 2nd White Widow has popped out of the dirt now. 6 out of 8 showing!:yay:

Llama said:
I have good air exchange from outside by just leaving the door open. Fresh air from outdoors comes in through an open window.

I am fortunate enough to live in the country so I rarely get unannounced visitors and I can see and hear anybody approaching from 1/4 mile away.

The 2nd White Widow has popped out of the dirt now. 6 out of 8 showing!:yay:

You need actual air exchange--leaving the door open does not do it. You need an exhaust fan. You also need an enclosure around your space (16-18 sq ft is all the light is good for) or you are losing huge amounts of light that is disbursing throughout the room. We are telling you things we believe you need to do to have a successful grow.

I deleted your duplicate post.

I appreciate all the helpful advice. God knows you are all way more experienced at this than I am. As soon as we get some leaves on the seedlings I'll take some pic's and post them here.

Things are looking grim for the blueberry and one white widow.I have five strong viable seedlings with primary leaves starting to show But my two blueberry sprouts and one white widow sprout withered. I moved the soil away from them and they did not look good at all. I am germinating replacements as we speak. If they all grow, I'll just have to harvest those three a couple of days later than the rest.

you should really post some pics mate, so we can see what your talking about :aok:

I took some pic's this morning. I'll try to post when I figure out how.

I still haven't been able to figure out the pic posting but I'll work on it again later.

I had my 3 new seeds in a damp paper towel overnight. No germination yet. I went ahead and put the new seeds into dirt in a pot. I also gently transplanted my seedlings into 2 1/2 gal pots. iIknow it's a little soon but I won't have time to do it this week. I just planted the whole small peat pot into the big pots without touching the plants themselves. It did not shock them at all as they are still standing tall several hours later.
So now we wait..............:watchplant:

I'm trying to upload pic's let's see what happens.

Latest posts

Back