Music and weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weirdscenes

Reaction score
I've loved weed ever since I met up with it around 50 years ago.
Ive loved music since I was 10 years old.

One of the most marvellous things about ganja it that it enhances music radically. Even as an old fart one of my favourite things to do is to smoke a joint - preferably neat, home grown, herb - accompanied by a couple of beers, while listening to music.
I will die happy if it happens when I'm doing that.

Those people who are true music FANS (ie. who don't just hear/see it as a nice background sound) will absolutely know what I mean.

I'd really like to hear opinions on this - even thoughts about the best bands to listen to when seeking bliss (not Nirvana! 😊)
Any ages welcome - though I'm mostly aiming at oldies here.

One of the most marvellous things about ganja it that it enhances music radically. Even as an old fart one of my favourite things to do is to smoke a joint - preferably neat, home grown, herb - accompanied by a couple of beers, while listening to music.

Those people who are true music FANS (ie. who don't just hear/see it as a nice background sound) will absolutely know what I mean.

I'd really like to hear opinions on this - even thoughts about the best bands to listen to when seeking bliss (not Nirvana! 😊)
Retired 3 years ago Got a Fender and a Schecter c1 custom take lessons and grow, So I grow, I play and don't give a ____ about nothing any more. But let me give you this I hope you like it. Dave Matthews Band - Cortez The Killer - LIVE From MSG New York 11.30.2018 - YouTube This rock takes me away

Retired 3 years ago Got a Fender and a Schecter c1 custom take lessons and grow, So I grow, I play and don't give a ____ about nothing any more. But let me give you this I hope you like it. Dave Matthews Band - Cortez The Killer - LIVE From MSG New York 11.30.2018 - YouTube This rock takes me away

Muchas gracias - love the blues - good choice
I'm familiar with Dave Mathew's band, I have 9 of their albums.
I live on my own out in the campo (Spanish expression meaning the countryside)
I don't use YouTube or any social media - feel it's too intrusive.
Don't care at all about brands or marketing (weed or anything else)
I just do my own thing - have something like 7000 albums - all digitized.
I just sit out on my balcony listening to music on shuffle and most nights enjoy a home-grown doobie and a beer or too and rock out.
I'm lucky enough to be able to turn it up loud without troubling my neighbours (well - no-one's complained in the past 8 years.
I guess I play blues more than 50% of the time but the stuff I like starts with rock N roll (little Richard, Buddy Holly etc) right thru to present day.
A favourite hobby is woodwork (at last have a great workshop) and I've made a couple of of guitars but can't play now cos my hands are a bit fked.
I'm babbling again - time for a J (it's almost 17:30 here)
Be well, be happy.

Attachments

• 2021-08-19 17.26.11.jpg
    2021-08-19 17.26.11.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1

I get it. One of my other hobbies is building high end Class A audio components, and speakers.

Bubba

I get it. One of my other hobbies is building high end Class A audio components, and speakers.

Bubba

I dig you - electronics was another hobby with me - back in the days of valves (tubes - to you septic tanks) 2 x EL84's or KT66's a hundred years ago.
Still dabble today but mostly use cheap Chinese modules.
more and more though - these days I just wanna sit, read, write, play music and enjoy a little weed.
I just grow a few plants out on my balcony - mostly autos these days.

Weed and music , like a horse and carriage

i like the old stuff and I like to explore some new stuff

like this , found it today

I dig you - electronics was another hobby with me - back in the days of valves (tubes - to you septic tanks) 2 x EL84's or KT66's a hundred years ago.
Still dabble today but mostly use cheap Chinese modules.
more and more though - these days I just wanna sit, read, write, play music and enjoy a little weed.
I just grow a few plants out on my balcony - mostly autos these days.
I used to be all tube equipment. Then I discovered Jfets and Nelson Pass and the forum dedicated to his amps. Once he sells enough, he gives circuit info to community of the Pass Forum on diyaudio.com. knowledgeable members work on BOM lists for parts and work up circuit boards.

Online store sells most of what you need, build yourself a 3-4,000 dollar amp for 750or so.

Some of his amps cost more than my house did!

Bubba

Muchas gracias - love the blues - good choice
I'm familiar with Dave Mathew's band, I have 9 of their albums.
I live on my own out in the campo (Spanish expression meaning the countryside)
I don't use YouTube or any social media - feel it's too intrusive.
Don't care at all about brands or marketing (weed or anything else)
I just do my own thing - have something like 7000 albums - all digitized.
I just sit out on my balcony listening to music on shuffle and most nights enjoy a home-grown doobie and a beer or too and rock out.
I'm lucky enough to be able to turn it up loud without troubling my neighbours (well - no-one's complained in the past 8 years.
I guess I play blues more than 50% of the time but the stuff I like starts with rock N roll (little Richard, Buddy Holly etc) right thru to present day.
A favourite hobby is woodwork (at last have a great workshop) and I've made a couple of of guitars but can't play now cos my hands are a bit fked.
I'm babbling again - time for a J (it's almost 17:30 here)
Be well, be happy.
All good.

I was lucky to be a teenager in the 60's. Still have a great album collection. Probably worth $$$. I rare listen to them though. I do still listrn to classic rock most every day while working in my basement grow. Lights are coming on about now....time to rock.
The 60's great rock California Dreamin, the Kinks All good

I was lucky to be a teenager in the 60's. Still have a great album collection. Probably worth $$$. I rare listen to them though. I do still listrn to classic rock most every day while working in my basement grow. Lights are coming on about now....time to rock.
I recently replaced the turntable in my living room. It had been in a bedroom system, and not often used. I've been having a blast.

Bubba

Weed and music , like a horse and carriage

i like the old stuff and I like to explore some new stuff

like this , found it today

Seems you have a similar outlook to me.
I'm fortunate that I have a brother who's about 7 or 8 years younger than me.
Although he filched most of my LP's back in the days when I was at sea, it developed his taste for music (King crimson, Warren zevon, the Doors, lad Zep, deep purple etc etc)
since then I've been amply repaid as he's has found a wife who is also a music FAN and they still go to plenty of gigs.
He knows my tastes and puts me onto a lot of the newer bands.
we have a lot of banter about each others crappy tastes.

I never stopped with the vinyl. It has now seen the death of CD, the "perfect" solution....not. I also have a load of digital Drek as well.

Bubba

Seems you have a similar outlook to me.
I'm fortunate that I have a brother who's about 7 or 8 years younger than me.
Although he filched most of my LP's back in the days when I was at sea, it developed his taste for music (King crimson, Warren zevon, the Doors, lad Zep, deep purple etc etc)
since then I've been amply repaid as he's has found a wife who is also a music FAN and they still go to plenty of gigs.
He knows my tastes and puts me onto a lot of the newer bands.
we have a lot of banter about each others crappy tastes.

at sea?.....on a sailboat circumnavigating the earth?

at sea?.....on a sailboat circumnavigating the earth?
No - if you check my first post a few days ago you'll find out I was in the merchant marine for 11 years but yes - I did circumnavigate the world and went a few additional places.

I never stopped with the vinyl. It has now seen the death of CD, the "perfect" solution....not. I also have a load of digital Drek as well.

Bubba
Ahhh.
Well I never had any wax cylinders, but I did have quite a
few singles on 78rpm shellacs before graduating to 45 singles & LP's (I actually took a record deck, amp, special speakers and a bunch of LP's to sea with me in the early days - used to have to put a coin the size of a silver dollar on the pickup head - to keep the needle in the groove). Bought one of the first stereo cassette decks in Rotterdam & spent a few days of my next leave recording all my albums onto cassettes - joining/leaving ship was much easier after that.
had 8 tracks, reel-to-reel and pretty much everything else. I began transcribing everything into digital formats around 2013 and now it's the only medium I use.
did the same thing with videos, TV series etc.
I guess I'm a bit of a tech-head & had to keep learning but don't find any of that stuff difficult.
I, pretty sure that there's likely plenty who'd wanna argue the toss - but digital done right has waaay more fidelity than previous mediums & I'd defy anyone who claims Vinyl or other mediums are superior to FLAC recordings.
But even then, mp3 quality is good enough for me.
😊

I recently replaced the turntable in my living room. It had been in a bedroom system, and not often used. I've been having a blast.

Bubba
What do you do when you're blitzed and trying to figure out how to get the needle on the track, or even to switch on amp, correct input, etc?

Sadly, I didn't smoke for 20 years. When I did smoke again, I did not experience the music euphoria I was hoping for. I wonder if a specific breed of plant would enhance this. I am a huge music lover. My recent smoke was white widow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back