Mutt has a problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Well, I've ran into a problem I haven't had before. I can't find my camera to PC chord. So no pics at the moment.

My mix:
2/3 soil....1 tsp. lime...verm and perlite mixed in.
Fert.
1 tsp. bone meal and hydro ferts. applied 1X a week at 1/2 strength
Lighting:
4500 lumens of mixed soft and cool white florous.
Ventilation:
flo-thru. active intake passive out.
Temp/humid.
+/- 80F and 30%+/- Humidity
PH is at about 6.6/6.7

Symptoms:
Leaf edges are turning whitish and curling up. but the veins are very green.
Trouble shooter didn't really say except the leaf color maybe Iron related. but ideas would help. Its happeneing to all of my plants. not major, but want to head it off before it becomes a major problem.

Hey Mutt, it sounds like a nute deficency. Is there a chance that you mixed the nutes in the wrong order and got a lockout?

If I remember correctly, you're using the GH Flora 3 part mix like I use. If so, the micro nute has to be added to the water first and mixed well before adding the other two nutes to the mix. Failure to do so will cause a nute lockout that will do what you're describing.

If that's the case, it's easy to fix. Flush your plant with strait water and mix a new batch. The problem should go away in only a few days. The leaf thats currently affected will stay that way, but the new growth won't get the problem.

Good luck man. If it's not what I've suggested, let me know.

Not this grow stoney. I'm using Dyna-grow which is a veg. nute. I use GH Maxi-bloom for flower, but that is not a 3-part mix like the flora series.

I will flush maybe the bone meal is screwing with me a little bit. It was an experiment that I was trying. Thought maybe the extra slow release "n" in it would help guess not. Thinkin outloud on that one. Thanks man.

Tell ya what man, that "mater" plant in hydro is kicking some ass right now. I just want a couple of clones off this batch to give the ole dro a try.

Mutt said:
Not this grow stoney. I'm using Dyna-grow which is a veg. nute. I use GH Maxi-bloom for flower, but that is not a 3-part mix like the flora series.

I will flush maybe the bone meal is screwing with me a little bit. It was an experiment that I was trying. Thought maybe the extra slow release "n" in it would help guess not. Thinkin outloud on that one. Thanks man.

Tell ya what man, that "mater" plant in hydro is kicking some ass right now. I just want a couple of clones off this batch to give the ole dro a try.
Good to hear you've got a handle on it Mutt. Let me know what it turns out to be when you figure it out for sure will ya?

I hear you on the hydro mater's man. I grow them every year and they are awesome. More meat, less pulp and more flavor. The weight per/slice increases dramatically. It makes a mater sandwhich a real treat. If you like squash, it does the same way.

Well, I figured out what it was. My NL is loving it. Its growing great. but the Blue Mystic didn't like the extra "N" and was gettin burnt a little. Gave it a flush and gonna wait it out. No more screwin around is what I just learned. If ain't broke don't fix it.

Mutt said:
Well, I figured out what it was. My NL is loving it. Its growing great. but the Blue Mystic didn't like the extra "N" and was gettin burnt a little. Gave it a flush and gonna wait it out. No more screwin around is what I just learned. If ain't broke don't fix it.
I'm glad you got the problem resolved man!

I can't wait for you to do your first pot hydro grow. You're gonna love it!

Good luck to you man!

Latest posts

Back