My 1st grow (Lowrider)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics, theese show the bud a lil better, no flash this time.

l1.JPG

l2.JPG

l3.JPG

l4.JPG

Todays my 28th b-day, to help celabrate i took a small bud off 1 of my lowriders, its unfortunate they couldnt have been ready to harvest by now but oh well. All I can say about my 1st experience on smoking lowrider found it tasted good, good buzz for being pre-mature, but never again will i smoke a fresh bud from a plant that hasnt been flushed. thalk about chemical burn wow, mu lungs are killing me right now. But i know when they are done growing and have been free of ferts for a week or 2 they are going to be some fine smoke.!

The ladies are looking great as always. I'm doing some HAPPY BIRTHDAY White Widow bongs for ya. Have a great Bday man and don't get to waisted!!! :D

28 years old. Damn, I got socks older'n that. I hope it's a good birthday for you.
Your plants are looking very nice. I've only grown (and smoked) one Master Low and I found the taste to be spicy and different. Good smoke. I've got 6 more ML beans to plant one of these days when I've got the room.
Keep up the good work.
Party hearty.

Thanx TBG i wish i had some white widow, ive heard so much about it but never been lucky enough to try any :(

Hey Rev. my lowriders are pure lowriders so they would taste and smell different. Ive found a place that sells lowrider crosses www.g13shop.com they have lowrider/skunk and lowrider/blueberry for example. Ive had good luck so far with my lowriders so i think ill try some of the crosses next time. If i can get the $$ and permision to set up a hps light i will definately be purchasing some white wiodow seeds.

Her are a few more pics. The 1st is the big bud and the other 2 are of the pollinated 1. you cant really see the calyx's or seed pods whatever they are called but there's a ton of them, I'm gonna have alot of seeds for my next crop. The big bud has about 80-85% red hairs now but the trichomes are still clear and small but yet plentiful, The buds closest to the middle are still very bright green and lotsa white hairs. Ive been told that i should wait at least 4 weeks from pollinating for the seeds to be mature but, after 2 weeks she's fulla seeds and im not really sure when i planted them so i dont even really have a approx date whaen they should be ready to harvest. i Polinated the 1 on june 5, 4 weeks from then would be july 9th, I hope my calculations arnt off too bad, i dont want my lovely ladies getting over mature. ???? can seeds be over mature?? If i leave the seeded 1 to grow for a full 4 weeks since pollination, the thc may be degraded but will it do any harm to my seeds as i can afford to waste :( the 1 plant to get good seeds if need be.

lowy1.JPG

seed1.JPG

seed2.JPG

Ptbo_Stonerz said:
Her are a few more pics. The 1st is the big bud and the other 2 are of the pollinated 1. you cant really see the calyx's or seed pods whatever they are called but there's a ton of them, I'm gonna have alot of seeds for my next crop. The big bud has about 80-85% red hairs now but the trichomes are still clear and small but yet plentiful, The buds closest to the middle are still very bright green and lotsa white hairs. Ive been told that i should wait at least 4 weeks from pollinating for the seeds to be mature but, after 2 weeks she's fulla seeds and im not really sure when i planted them so i dont even really have a approx date whaen they should be ready to harvest. i Polinated the 1 on june 5, 4 weeks from then would be july 9th, I hope my calculations arnt off too bad, i dont want my lovely ladies getting over mature. ???? can seeds be over mature?? If i leave the seeded 1 to grow for a full 4 weeks since pollination, the thc may be degraded but will it do any harm to my seeds as i can afford to waste :( the 1 plant to get good seeds if need be.
Whats up Ptbo_Stonerz. The ladies are looking great. I don't think you can harm the seeds by letting them go. If anything you will get more mature seeds IMO. Great work on the free seeds. ;)

So i go to check on my plants lastnight and i noticed that the last ferting i gave the 1 was a lil too strong, almost every leaf on her was burnt to a crisp. I trimed all the burnt leaves off and flushed with 4ltrs of water. if she doesnt look like shes going to recover i may have to pick he early, the trics are just starting to swell nicely so i hope she can recover. The seeded plant took her dose of ferts with no problems as of yet, i water both with the same nute mix. Anyway ill geep ya all posted as to what happens, if i have to harvest early you'll get an earlier smoke report lol.

l1.JPG

l2.JPG

l3.JPG

Yeah, mello, welcome to the "Awe, shit" club. I'm one of the original members. Your Lowrider looks like... well, aww shit. I fried my Master Low with 2 weeks to go but yours still look salvable. I hope the flush helped.

Funny thing about the midget plants, mine had been SO HEALTHY. I had been ferting mine on a regular basis and they looked great. I would have thought they would withstand most anything but I was wrong.

By the way, which ferts did you use on yours and what strength? I plan on growing more of the ML -- without Superthrive. I've added a couple of pix of the dearly departed Master Low.
good luck

Day  49 ML burn.jpg

Day 55 mlow.jpg

Im feeding them DNF nutrients "Dutch Nutrient Formula" Grow A&B for veg and Bloom A&B plus DNF bud fortifier for flower. They have each been taking the nutes well, so i added an extra 1/2 tsp to the 5 gal mix. the 1 im seeding doesnt show any signs of overfert al all, the other 1 on the other hand looked so bad today i did a final trim and cut her head off, now shes drying. Unfortunatel i forgot my cam today so no pics, the bud looks good now that its all trimed and it weighed 38.5grams wet. Shes probably going to dry to aroung 14-20 grams. Not bad for a first grow with some little plants. The seeded plant is going to give me around 500-1000 seeds which is cool plus i plan on buying some lowrider/blueberrry and lowrider/skunk seeds to try them out.

Well, i dried her out and wow, only 10grams, what a difference from the 38.5 when it was wet. The seeded plant is growing well, the trichs are getting fat and even the leaves look "furry" she hasnt realy been affected negatively by the nutes. The mutant that i put outside got into a fight with the lawnmower the other day, she lost :(, whats left of her though is growing good, the buds are so much tighter than the 2 under flourescents.When i dry out my seeds im going to plant most outside, untill i can afford an HPS prob a 430watt.
Anyway for a small smoke report, I havent cured it long 3 days, but the smoke is fairly smooth, it stilll tases kinda green, the high is dfinately not couchlock, seeing as i picked her too soon, but it deffinately is an up high, after a .5g joint and a bong i was good to go. I much prefer "couchlock" but during the day a nice up high is good so i can go about my day without screwing too much up lol.
Ill have more to report as soon as i harvest the seeded plant, I'm pushing for the week of july 9th which is 4 weeks to the day i pollinated her.

dried.JPG

Yup that's the bad part about Lowryder "the yield". It's still a cool plant to grow. Great job man. ENJOY!!:D

Yes you are right TBG, I knew the yeild wasnt going to be great, i was hoping for at least a half oz dry but oh well now i know to change a few things with my next grow which i think im going to do outdoors untill i can afford a 430watt HPS. I figure since lowriders grow so fast, the sunshine throughout july and august should make them alot better than my 40 watt flouro's.

PTBO, i just purchased a sun system 1 430 watt from my local hydro shop and i couldnt be happier with it, check out my grow journal, i started my plant and flowered it with a 150 watt hps, i only flowered it for 2 weks with the 150w, i had to turn the plant like 4-5 times a day with that little light but at thte end of my grow you can see my new 430w! My plants been flowering for 4 weeks under the 430 watt i still got about 2 weeks to go until harvest

So after my car got broken into today, which most of ya's know, I went to check on my plants, and got a real nice surprise. I think I mentioned befor that I got 11 lowrider seeds in my 10 pack, well anyway my "mutant" plant that I have outside, that also got into an altercation with the lawnmower, doesn't apear to be pure lowrider. It has tighter budsites, but that could be from being outside, The noticable differenac is that this one has blueish purple hairs and smells like blueberries unlike the others that have white hairs that turn dark orange/red and smell like musty oranges. When I get a new cam I'll take some pics. The flash blew on my digi cam the other day so the pics come out real dark.

they have blueberry x lowrider, they may have dropped one in by accident

Latest posts

Back