My 1st grow (Lowrider)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbo_Stonerz

PackinThaBowlinOnt_Stoner
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm growing Lowrider. Ive been looking at a ton of posts and decided to post a journal of my own. My babies are about 25 days, theres 3 girls and a boy, i'm not sure which is which in the pics as they all loked the same when i took the pics. the pics are about 12 days ago. Ill post some new pics soon.

digcampic 010.jpg

digcampic 011.jpg

digcampic 012.jpg

digcampic 019.jpg

digcampic 020.jpg

digcampic 033.jpg

digcampic 034.jpg

digcampic 043.jpg

digcampic 045.jpg

Hey good to see you started a journal!!! Nice pics...looking good so far :)

those nodes look nice and tight, just the way you want them!

Here's some pics from today, the one outside is the male im growing for breeding. More pics to come as my babies grow.

digcampic 061.jpg

digcampic 062.jpg

digcampic 063.jpg

digcampic 065.jpg

digcampic 067.jpg

digcampic 070.jpg

digcampic 071.jpg

digcampic 072.jpg

Hey Stonerz. Lookin' good. I germed 4 MLow beans but only one popped... it was a girl. She showed her sex on day 18. I'm adding a pic of her at 4 weeks. I don't have a current pic but she is at 6 weeks now and doing great. I have given her a healthy dose of GH Flora Nova nutes and she is thriving. The plant is in a 2 gallon pot with BOGs soil recipe. She spends 18/6 under 75 watts of CFLs.

Mine had a growth spurt over the last few weeks ---> It jumped from 8 to 8 1/2 inches. Okay, so they don't stretch much. I'm anxious to taste the bud because it has a WICKED smell. I've never smoked MLow. I plan to harvest this one @ 63 days.
There are still 6 seeds in the pack so I'll probably grow these again in the fall in hopes of doing a successful seed run.
Best of luck with yours.
Grow big.
Rev

Day  29 MLow3.jpg

I am not being sarcastic or anything.... but.....

Why do you guys grow LR? Everything I've read seems to paint it as much inferior to either Indy or Sativa in both yield and potency. Is there some super-Rudy I neva heard about?

Anyways, NOT trying to bag on your grow, just curious.

I chose lowrider because i wanted to grow something easy for my first grow, Plus I'm not able to grow in my own house. Where i am growing, The ppl dont want huge smelly plants in the house. When i told them lowriders are done in 60 days they said "go ahead and grow them", Once i get this lil harvest off and show them how easy it is to grow your own, Im hoping theyll let me grow some bigger plants. Ive got 10 AK-47 clones rooting that they dont know about but they are all going outside within the next couple days.

I chose this Lowryder hybrid to grow to check it out for myself. People seem to be Pro or Con about the Lowryder strains. The potency has been increased on several LR strains and lots of folks give this one a solid 7-8 score.

In the back of my mind, I was also thinking about planting some of these outdoors. Lots of folks have had success with this as a stealth plant. LR is still pretty new and many folks looking for pot patches would be looking for the standard taller varieties and not this 12 inch giant. The downside is that it is eye-level to a rabbit. Yikes. Talk about yer stoned bunnies. 'Sup, Doc.
Rev

From what i read on lowriders you can grow them prety much anywhere. In flower gardens, window sills, balconies. They stay so small that they can be hidden anywhere. Once mine are done and I get a bunch of seeds i'm going to plant a few in the flower garden to see how they do and how well they stay hidden. The yield may not be too heavy, but its my first grow and being able to smoke a bud of sumthing i grew myself will be ALMOST as satisfying as the high itself.

Got it. I can also see how low height would be an issue for some. Personally I have never had a chance to try any so I am not speaking from experience.

So I decided to top 1 of my lowriders the other day, just to see what happens, i shoulda tried cloning the top but oh well. I dont have anymore pics right yet because my cam sucks and doesnt have zoom so the pics look the same as the last time. So to keep you all informed on they're progress, they have a tone of nodes, at least 40 per plant, and they are real tight together.Tons of white hairs, they are obout the same hight as last time, they dont seem to be getting any taller just fatter with bigger leaves and more nodes. They look real nice. They are not as tall as Rev. Willis's, probably because im using flourescents, but they do look as healthy. I'll post some more pics as soon as my cam shows a change or i get a cam with zoom.

Hey Stonerz. Glad to hear the LR are doing well. Mine stopped growing at 9 inches. It is 2 weeks from harvest (at 63 days). By the way, all my plants are under fluoro. I have 2 - 125w hortilux CFLs. Start to finish - that's what my plants see.

I finally got my hands on some Superthrive the other day. I've never used it before. I mixed a batch and gave some to 4 big plants and all my clones. It burned my Skunk Special and the Master Low plants. The other plants seemed to like it. It burned leaves and wilted all the pretty white hairs on the MLow.
It's not dead but looks awful.
Best of luck with yours.
Rev

nice looking gro you got there ptbo..i too am curious to see how the "low rider" turns out with it's auto flowering capabilities..weird..

rev..be careful with that superthrive bro..that stuff is potent..i believe it killed my plants..some people swear by the stuff, but i haven't had any luck w/ it..i did notice that when you do use it, your plants will "steroid" out the days after..almost unreal like..i used it for foliar feedings as well as straight into the soil..

Hey there Ptbo, those plants are lookin happy&healthy, keep up the good work! :D

chong420 said:
rev..be careful with that superthrive bro..that stuff is potent..i believe it killed my plants..some people swear by the stuff, but i haven't had any luck w/ it..i did notice that when you do use it, your plants will "steroid" out the days after..almost unreal like..i used it for foliar feedings as well as straight into the soil..

Hey Chong. You're absolutely right. The dose of Superthrive was bad news for the first time. I guess that's my noob mistake #436. I screwed up a couple of plants with what I thought was the recommended dosage. The Master Low looks to be dying and my Skunk Special was fried but it is slowly recovering. The WWxBB took a hit and lost a lot of fan leaves but it will survive. The only plant to avoid damage is my WW... and the clones.

This episode will serve as a reminder to ALWAYS dilute my nutes and additives before feeding.
Rev

damn..sorry to hear that rev...yeah, when i used that super thrive i even "watered" it down to dilute it..like i'd use the one drop per gallon..then take that, pour it in another container half full and add more water...even still this stuff would fry my plants...to the point where the leaves were literally jus baked..

to quote hick on my last grow on superthrive..

"Some folks may not agree with me, but if it were "me"..I'd grab that ST, duct tape a nice sized rock to it, and throw it as far as I could. Then go to your closet and apologize to your ladies."

lol..sound advice from a pro..anyways good luck bro, i hope they make it..

Well here are some updated pics. The male has doubled in size since i put him outside. Im watching him closely so i can try to avoid the spreading of the pollen. Im not sure exactly when the right time is for me to collect the pollen. My girls are doing fine, it appears i over did it wiyh the nutes on 1 of them, all the big fan leaves are burned and curling up, i flushed it with 4ltr of water, took her outside so the water could drain and soaked her down. My cam isnt good enough to see all the hairs or lil buds that are starting, but hey what can ya do. Hopefuly Ill get a good cam with zoom and flash soon.:)

lowrider pics 001.jpg

lowrider pics 002.jpg

lowrider pics 006.jpg

lowrider pics 005.jpg

lowrider pics 007.jpg

lowrider pics 008.jpg

lowrider pics 010.jpg

lowrider pics 011.jpg

lowrider pics 012.jpg

lowrider pics 013.jpg

niiice ptbo..looking good man..how long you got left for veg?

*sorry for killin' your thread earlier w/ the side conversation*

Latest posts

Back