My 1st grow, very hairy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Largek

Reaction score
Let me know what you think about my bud, it all smokes great and super sticky but it's just so hairy and I'm wondering why...don't know if I'm happy or not

View attachment image.jpg

What were the Trichomes at when you harvested? Almost looks like they might have been taken a bit early. Hard to tell from that pic and without info on the grow.

That happened to my outdoor grow on one variety last summer. It is weird when it is all hair, but she smokes just fine.

Another question, did you grow with fluorescent or hid?

Mine that looked like that was in over 100 degree heat, did your room get real hot?

Mine that looked like that was in over 100 degree heat, did your room get real hot?

That's my first guess to hot next guess nitrogen in flower. Do you cure in jars?

That can compress them more with a long cure.

Yeah I also thought heat problems. Looks like the buds never got that final swell.

I was so ticked when that happened but now it is fine, buds fit right in the pipe just perfect and man it gets ya stoned. People complain it is too strong... Nurse Larry.

I didn't have any humidity here BG... I think some varieties do that when they get too hot but it doesn't hurt the end product.

Sorry for the late reply but thank you all for your replays. There was a few days where the grow room got a little hot up to around 90 usually around 75 though. The tri!s where about half milky n half clear. I used a hps 1000 w grow light. The bud smokes great gets me la nice strong high.( deff no complaits in that department. But after letting them. Ure a few more days they r starting to look a lil bit better.

Again thanks for all your input guys very much appreciated

Also I veg them for 4 weeks they were harvested at week 8 of flower. Grew in coco with house and garden nutes. Used bud Xl the Last 3 weeks in flower

My buds are always hairy on my regular Sativa. It's just a characteristic of the strain. I like the little red hairs. Looks cool and they taste great.

Yeah I just starting to think there is nothing wrong with it just me trying to be a perfectionist

they arnt 2 more weeks is what they needed needed did u see any amber or just milky and clear sativa goes for 10+ weeks usually

So odds are if you harvested at 8 weeks that they could have gone another week to 10 days. I always let my plants go to at least all cloudy with no clear. Jmo

Ya the first thought that came to mind when I saw the first post of this thread was (slight immature harvest) You should harvest by the color of your triches not the average time span that the strain is usually done at. There are always diff. variables that come into play which may need more time or less depending on your specific set up and techniques. Therefore you harvest by the color of trichs. Most people harvest when its a dark Milky amber, however this depends on personal preference as my good buddy harvest as soon as his trichs get a thick milky white. He states the high is more relaxing and not to intense this way. For me, I like my Meds to be as strong as possible, so I go with the Slight dark yet slightly light ambered color. I feel this is not to over matured, yet not to young. I in my first grows (especially out door) I ALWAYS cutt to early, and it wasn't because I was to anxious to smoke, it was cause I honestly felt it was done... A lot of the time, they looked exactly as your picture above. I feel you harvested like my buddy did when they were just barly starting to turn a dark milky white, therefore you have very long hairs that were at one point going to be the girth of the buds, but due to harvesting early, are now just long *** hairs lol. At least thats just my honest opinion.

Obviously sativa dominant and tbh ive grow afghan haze and near perfect conditions and they never got hard buds just all airey like yours but man amongst the strongest weed ive ever grown although it tasted like **** diesel fuel.
Mrnice

Latest posts

Back