My 1st post, grow site info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obiwampa

Reaction score
Hello everybody. First just let me say that this site has been very usefull in the last few weeks in helping me plan for my 1st crop. I finally decided that today was the day I would go out 'hiking' to pick my plot. I knew I wanted my site to be as remote as possible, and I was also concerned about police helicopters, so the site I chose was absolutely perfect. It is in a public park (nearly 4,000 acres), right by the airport!! There are planes coming in to land right over my little plot about every 5 minutes! No way could the cops fly over this spot! In this park, there are both hiking and horse trails. I chose to put my plot just off one of the horse trails as I thought that people are less likely to 'wander' while on a horse, as opposed to when they are hiking alone. After much searching, I found a very large clearing surrounded by tall pines and absolutely choked with razor sharp blackberry vines! (Delicious snack while farming) Just getting to the optimal spot was like something out of a Tarzan or Indiana Jones movie! I had to hack a narrow, zig-zagging trail with a machete for about an hour to get to where I wanted. The clearing is sort of a long east west oval giving me more than enough sunshine all day. I put my plot in the north-west side of the clearing to give me plenty of morning sun. There are also a few young oaks between my plot and the trail that will provide extra cover from educated eyes. This clearing must have been filled with pines at one time, because while tilling out my little 4'x4' plot I found lots of old rotting branches half buried in the rich soil. And I mean rich! Decades of rotting wood, rotting pine needles, scrubby grass, and thorny vines made this some of the best soil for planting Ive ever seen. Water is about a 2-3 minute walk away, and another plus, I will have plenty of free fertilizer from all the passing horses! (Maybe not, this park is so isolated almost no one ever comes there. I was there walking the trails today for hours and didn't see another soul.) My next step will be ordering my seeds from seed boutique this Christmas when the mail is busy. I'm open to suggestions as to what strain I should plant. I want something that needs as little help/contact as possible as my site is a pretty long drive and I also may not have that many chances to tend to them next summer. Since I only have one little plot and cant grow that many plants I want a strain that is a good producer. Any advice for this 1st time planter would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi Obiwampa i'm just a first time grower myself but was just thinkin do you not think its a little late to start growing now? You should maybe keep your seeds and leave it till next spring, but whatever you decide to do Good luck in your grow! keep us updated!

Old Toby said:
Hi Obiwampa i'm just a first time grower myself but was just thinkin do you not think its a little late to start growing now? You should maybe keep your seeds and leave it till next spring, but whatever you decide to do Good luck in your grow! keep us updated!

It sounds like he's just doing research for next years grow, since he says he's going to order his seeds around Christmas. Your spot sounds pretty ideal, gluck with it!

Yeah, I'm just preparing my site for next spring. Its gonna be a loooooong wait. :(

haha yeah but it'll all be worth it in the end. i'm 2/3 done with my first grow, and its just one plant in my backyard, but i can't wait for it to be all mature and ready to harvest, even if its just an ounce that it produces.

Latest posts

Back