My 2nd try at a grow. micro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganja_Greg

Cannabis Cultivation
Reaction score
:watchplant: well if you didnt see my other journal , my 1st plant got root rot & snapped off so i gave up on it being as stressed as it was from the start & seeing how i have a new sprout to work with, so this will basically be covering my new grow and hopefully all have better results with a new pot and new soil with more irigation. thanks again all pics later today

Great, Hope this grow will be better:aok:
Dro:cool2:

details of your grow would be nice in your grow journal.

like soil?? hydro?? light??? soil?? nutes and you know..

neways..

GOODLUCK..

Ok so here is some updated pics of my plant as of today (Unknown strain) its about 3 weeks old from seed now. this is being grown in the same soil my last plant was in that died of root rot , ive fixed the irigation of the pot that it was in. and added some different dryer soil. and i now watering every 2-3 days depening on dryness of the soil. the soil is of unknown brand no nutes added yet. also have a purple kush sprouting

Lighting: 4100 lumens of CFL's for one square foot. with color spectrums from 2700-6500 all threw the spectrum. 24/7 lighting for veg currently.

1 Circulation fan

box is made from a cabinet lighting with dull alumminum foil (im cheap).
it has a lower intake hole where fan in located and upper exhaust hole at the top of the box. as well as about 9 1/4 sized ventilation holes and 2 1" vent holes. the temp stays around 78-88 degree's depending on the weather. here's some pics

mary 001.jpg

mary 002.jpg

mary 003.jpg

mary 004.jpg

mary 005.jpg

mary 006.jpg

mary 007.jpg

2 actually , one unknown ( the big plant ) one purple strain , just a sprout right now

DAMN! this thing has grown double the size of the pics already, im thinking about 12/12 tonight and switching all my lighting to 2700k dont want that thing filling the entire inside of my grow box with bush! anyways will have pics up tomorrow after the first night of 12/12

OK so i started flowering last night turned off all the lights and blocked off all holes where light could get in at 11pm and watered plant. woke up this morning around 11am checked on plant it was 60 degree's in there and plant seems to be drooping. what i mean by this is the leaves arent purked up anymore like normal there kinda pointing downward. this is obviously from either overwatering or low temps?

Mine do that also, and for me it was an adjustment to the light, and temps. However, water sitting overnight with out the lights on might have caused this problem as well as the roots might be saturated to the point of overwatering effects.

ya i aint watering this thing for acouple days , with the fan and lights back on the soil seems to be drying up on top which is good im just gonna leave it alone and see what happens , seems like overwatering to me tho to. which i need to chill out on cuz thats the reason my last plant died lol will have some more pics of my purple strain sprout soon. its pretty pathetic looking right now tho so gotta let it get alil bigger

Heres some updated pics as of today , showing some of the drooping thats going on , ive determined it must have been over watered no way its underwatered thats for sure ive been watering it every 1-2 days depending on dryness of the soil. but last watering i put alil more then i should have. going to let it dry for the next 3 days or so

maryjane 001.jpg

maryjane 002.jpg

maryjane 003.jpg

maryjane 004.jpg

is 3 weeks from sprout to soon to be flowering? im going for a dwarf style plant didnt want it to get to vegative and big i havnt limited space. will this work?

About your watering concern, you would be well advised to read this thread

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19899&page=3

scroll down a bit to the picture updates he has on his plants and his commentary. BE SURE TO FINISH THE THREAD to find out it was actually underwatering.
Remember, the top of the soil isn't where it matters, it's under the top layer that matters when it comes to moisture content.

Anyway, you can flower whenever, however if you don't have alternating nodes or preflowers, you might need to wait a tad longer for it to begin to show signs of sex/buds.

ya by looking at those you can just tell there underwatered , mine just seems to be slightly drooping at every leaf end tip. after going threw quite a few journals and grow guides i think that from the temp droping 20-25 degree's colder then it normally is in my box and putting alot of water in right before i went lights out. a full pot of water + Big temp drop might have stressed the plant it was my first night of 12/12 the plant has been on 24/7 since germ. and it was a COLD night last night.. i have a fan in my box that doubles as a heater fan but with the door shut and the heater on low it would probably heat up to atleast 100 degrees in there so i dont use it. the lights in there currently keep it perfect temp. guess well see how it looks later tonight.

Plants back to normal looking purky and happy. i threw a GE 6500k 100w equiv CFL spiral back into the mix and pulled out a 75W Equive CFL spiral2700k just to make sure plants getting proper light nutrients for its stage. things seem to be back to normal tho!

Noticeing some light green , yellowish spots on some of the newer leaves. is some of the after effects of overwatering?

Looks good Greg Hope you got a couple of young ladies grown. I notice when i am starting out in small pots With the heat from my 400 whatt lights and fans blowing that I have to water more often until I get them into their final pots or bags. Than the soil stays moist a lot longer. IMO its better to under water than over water. I killed my first grow by over watering and adding nutrients to soon. PATIENCE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME !!!
GOOD LUCK LOOKEN GOOD SO FAR!!

Latest posts

Back