My 4th outdoor grow *lotsa pics*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socal-outdoor

Reaction score
Hi all I mentioned a lil bit of my backround in the intro I used to lurk around OG (I don't know if any you guys used ot be menbers there) sad to see its gone but this place looks preety cool. I've been growing outdoors for a long time but I'm just getting back. I've grown about 10-15 ounces. I don't have any really cool strains this time just what I collected from some solid indica over the years. I promise I'lll be making lots of rookie mistakes re-learning this stuff.

If any socal brothers or sisters wanna PM me go ahead I love to talk with locals. BUT NO PERSONAL INFO REQUESTS sorry.

I started off with 27 unknown indica seeds on the 17th
48qziut.jpg

I always soak my seeds in bottled water till they split they just seem to germ way faster I keep them at like 80-90 degrees sitting ontop my pc monitor in a little bottle
4867hb4.jpg

the moment they split its paper towel time
I always use bottle water on the paper towel and wash it with tap a couple times then with the botled water once or twice and make a towel "sandwich" around the seeds
2wew2ad.jpg

449t3lk.jpg

the whole seed/germ setup
2igk2vs.jpg

I used the peat moss starter deal from home dept $5.00!
2lj6efk.jpg

heres a healthy little guy or girl popping up : )
33jsnz8.jpg

here they were a few days ago (I gave the biggest 5 they're own pots as roots where starting to penterate the little net baggy thing. btw those things are friggin awesome NO ROOT DAMAGE AT ALL during repotting)
2hdwil2.jpg

getting some nice sun in the safty of indoors
48f6j2s.jpg

the biggest 5 are now outdoors and the rest are still slowly building up thieir roots and stems

more pics when stuff gets interesting

Hey man welcome to MP. I see your off to a great start with a **** load of babies. Looking foward to watching them grow up into fat frosty ladies. Here is some GREEN MOJO for the young one's. ;) Before i forget we have a picture service on this site that you can use to download your pics. It's located in the bud pic section at the top of the page.

GreenMojo.JPG

Hey Mon;

Nice to see another OG exile over here. Too bad that all closed down. At one point it was an amazing site. Oh well, times move on.

I wish I could do an outdoor grow but I'm too visible to potential ripoffs. Sigh.... oh well.

I love for comments thanks guys.

Brother's, thanks for the compliments.

Zarnon, you got a NICE garden going on under your journal there, glad to see another OG'er too back then I was "socal-kid" if I remember correctly, I didn't do too much I just posted my amature outdoor pics I did have this idea for a hash process with household items that worked out ok I posted. I know its tough finding an outdoor most of my spots are preety risky but, I can only put so many plants in the sure-fire places where I know they're gonna be ok the rest I made up my mind I'm gonna take it like a man if they get snatched up. Regardless I know I'm gonna get 2-3 solid 3' females I can even flower at will if I want too. If your worried about the flowering making them high risk maybe this idea might work for you too:

I plan to just let the risky ones grow by themselves and when I've harvested the "sure thing ones" I'm gonna try my best to take them "home" and force flower them so year round I'll have 2-3 flowering at a time and I can rotate them in and out. I know crazy plan but I'm gonna try my best :D

Heres the latest from the "scragglers" the scragglers are the weakers less developed ones the first 7 are outside "offsite" and adapting to the weather on their own. The rest never germed or just didn't grow that fast and I can only handle about 5 females tops at the moment.

Dear mods: sorry I used a 3rd party picture host thing it was the only one that could handl my 750K avg files. If its ok I'd like to just use this method at least while I'm taking high def pics if this is a problem I can switch but I'd rather prefer this for now as long as its ok with you.

the scragglers getting some sun time (the wire is a digital temperature guage's probe)

the bigger picture, temp gauge on the left there

they do MUCH better if you keep them at a toasty 75-85 soil temp

another lil guy

if it get really cold I set them next to the heater for a while and keep a close eye on the soil temp

I know its a lot of work but I wanna get them BIG by the end of the year and big enough to bloom mid season for forced flowering at a controlled location.

Things are going slow for the bigger ones but they are moving along they just reached the point of roots hitting the walls on a gatoraid saize pot and are moving up to 2 liter soda bottle size pots

heres 4 of the bigger 5
30sk1eh.jpg

freashly transplanted into a "2 liter" pot.

couple of close ups it sure is inidica but for bagseed prices how can I complain?

2ahwgvo.jpg

48vvea1.jpg

2i23rly.jpg

I should note the cold is making them really small and stumpping some growth but, I plan to get them big early.

BTW I notices two TEENY TINY lumps underneath the nodes I think they are the sex organs but, way to small to tell. I'd take pics but they just look like to slightly greener dots.

looking great dude bit of advice although they are very small cover/black out the bottles they are in.

the light will get to roots and and its not the best thing to do easy job plastic tape done.

pkj

I had no idea that wasn't good for the roots does it confuse them or somthing? I always appreciate advice on how to better my plants btw, thanx dude :D

Latest posts

Back