My Aurora Indica STINKS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowinGreen

♥ ςticky icky
Reaction score
Two days ago I put my AI in the flowering room, which just so happens to be in my bathroom closet.

In the morning today- I go in the bathroom to check on her and I smell an awful smell :laugh: ...I thought to myself it shouldn't smell bad in here yet. So I start sniffing around until I open the closet doors and wow. This plant smells like some something rotting, with a little sour hint to it.

Anyone had a pheno like this? Was it a good smoke- because man does this stink. It isn't a real strong smell though, but it is easy to notice because of the way it smells.

Hey GG, the smell of AI will grow on you. When the buds are days before harvest, they have a rich, earthy smell that is wonderful. The high is awesome too.

Enjoy!

HippyInEngland said:
Hello GG :)

AI Stinks really strong later ;)

Get used to it, its going to get a lot worse :shocked:

:peace:

Is it this same smell I am talking about? It's hard to describe

Its going to smell to the point you worry something is wrong.

Nothing is wrong, its just how she grows.

Bite the bullet and take her to full harvest, you are going to be sooooooo pleased you stuck it out till the finish ;)

Have you got a scrubber?

Strange to hear this.
My Aurora line has practically no odour at all. Even with 8 flowering plants in a small grow room there was no problem; I needed no filter of any kind. They smell like black hash ... they shouldn't have a 'skunky' or 'dank' smell at all.
If they do have a 'dank' (sweet n sour) smell I suspect there is some sativa in there. When I crossed my Aurora with Oaxaca sativa the plants were incredibly dank and the cured bud is so smelly I have to roll up outside or I'll fill half the house with the odour.
As a guide, if they are pure Aurora indica they will NOT branch at all; you should get a perfect single-cola plant with good buds all the way down the stem, like a giant Thai-stick when mature. Great!

HippyInEngland said:
Its going to smell to the point you worry something is wrong.

Nothing is wrong, its just how she grows.

Bite the bullet and take her to full harvest, you are going to be sooooooo pleased you stuck it out till the finish ;)

Have you got a scrubber?

:laugh: sounds good to me.

Nope I don't have a scrubber- I live in the country so I'm not worried about the smell at all. No neighbors to make me worry.

She was vegged for 64 days- so she is very mature. I am definitely letting her flower for as long as she will :hubba:

for those of you who have grown AI- did any of you get any blue or purple hues in the bud?

GrowinGreen said:
for those of you who have grown AI- did any of you get any blue or purple hues in the bud?
Yes, in fact, although there wasn't a huge amount, there were definite royal hues to the mature buds. The thing I love the most about AI is it's high. The stuff is some very serious weed.

No blue or purple in the mature bud from my plants. Colas were very solid, crumbles really nicely when properly cured. Aurora high is, yes, seriously potent.

Latest posts

Back