my babies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have two white widow bud plants growing..... but how will i be able to find out the sex????? they are both bout 10-12" so when should i began the flowering and how will i know there sex??????? somebody please help!!

well Id let them go a little longer so you wont have to stun them if you go back to a veg light cycle...and after a week look at them daily with a 30 x loop 20 x also will work....from the top of the plant look at the first internode....your looking for a white hair or 2...when you see it youll know what were talking about...look online lots of pics showing sex....

thanks marijuana mike. whats a 30x 20x. and im a first time grower so what is an internode?????? what web sit should i go to that shows pics of sex'es????

You have a main stalk, coming out of the dirt. Then you have branches connected to the main stalk. Internodes are the places between where the branch and stalk connect. If it is a male you will see balls or sacks, very small at first. If it's a female you'll see white hairs. So...no hairs=male, hairs=female. Good luck!

what happens when it is a boy???? what if its a boy? why are these factors so important. and please in laymen terms..... if u dont mind....

weedman= major cash said:
what happens when it is a boy???? what if its a boy? why are these factors so important. and please in laymen terms..... if u dont mind....
If it's a boy he must be killed off as he will pollinate your female and in turn your female will have seeds in her buds. ;)

so basically if its a male then we can render it useless and then kill it. right? but what are the chances of it being a boy or a girl. i planted just about 6-7 seeds and they all came up its just that these are the ones that survived. and what web site can i go to that will show me a whole bunch of pics of males and females???????? please help. thanks

so basically if its a male then we can render it useless and then kill it. right? but what are the chances of it being a boy or a girl. i planted just about 6-7 seeds and they all came up its just that these are the ones that survived. and what web site can i go to that will show me a whole bunch of pics of males and females???????? please help. thanks
Yup unless you want seeds. The chances of your plants being boy/girl is about 50% maybe 60% going either way. You can find pictures of plants showing sex over here. I will see if i can find a few for ya. What ya look for is the female has small white hairs and the male has small pods. Very easy to tell the two apart when it comes time.

kinds.jpg

and how long should i wait till i start the flowering stage. im going to need like 10-13 hrs darkness. when would be a good time to start that????? i just checked my plaants ant lunch time and for sure 1 plant is 12" and the other like 10 1/2

A 12/12 light cycle would be ideal man. I waited until my plants were a little over a foot long. Now people on these forums told me that the growth in the flowering stage would be crazy. That is to say that the plant would become three times its size from the day I induced flowering. That has not happened because I think my plant is already root-bound and could grow only so much. Some people start the flowering stage when they start seeing internodes I believe.

oh ok. thanx. but does the smell of ur plant mean anything? like the quality or etc........? and is it true that if u blow smoke on it from the weed u smoke that it will help it?

oh ok. thanx. but does the smell of ur plant mean anything? like the quality or etc........? and is it true that if u blow smoke on it from the weed u smoke that it will help it?

Smell is strain dependant... u don't want to blow smoke or have tobacco near MJ in any form. Tobacco can do a lot of weird things with MJ

Id try and keep the grow area as sterile as I can.

Latest posts

Back