My budget closet grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to use FLAT white paint. Even though semi-gloss or gloss looks like it would reflect better, it does not. You will get the best reflectability (is that even a real word?) with flat. Use a water based paint--it will dry fast and the fumes are far less obnoxious.

And, yeah, that not being able to clean mylar well is also another reason that it is not in my rooms any more.

That makes sense about the mylar.

Oh...the one up in that little mini mall on the E side of the "high-way"??

i went in there once. the rotating light has MH AND HPS to give the plants the "full spectrum". i think they're a little gimicky IMO. The light MOVERS on the other hand are another thing...those are supposed to help increase the size of a garden without adding lights. never seen either in practical applications tho. i think the spinning thing is a nice window dressing.

the guys at GWS hydro in glenwood/junction are a little pricey, but worth being able to pay cash, and get what you need, when you need. they're very experienced with what they sell.

i was in there the other day asking about PH pens, and one of the owners, who had PH pens sitting in his case said "really, just use the eye dropper kits and then you don't have to worry about calibration etc." after saving me some big $$ on that, he gave me a $75.00 discount on a big order too.

Yeah, thats where I get all my stuff. GWS hydro.

BEFORE
paint day 003.jpg
Heres my crazy accidental reveg plant waiting to go back in its place.
paint day 001.jpg

paint day 002.jpg
AFTER, I had high hiding white eggshell so thats what I used, besides it has HIGH in the name so its gotta work!!
paint day 005.jpg
Will post again when I put everything back.

NIIIIIIICCEEE!!!

Easier to clean the walls now too i imagine!!

It got brighter in there with every stroke of the roller, should have done this sooner.

nice setup man! how many plants you got in each chamber? i couldnt couny them

It depends, the last couple of grows i've done they got so big I could only bloom 1 at a time, I'm gonna put this next batch in sooner so I can do 2-3. It seems I get as much at harvest from 1 big plant as several small ones. As for veg I can do 3-4 in buckets and have 6 clones rooting in there. Check out my grow journal lots of photos in there.

I let my babies take in a little Colorado sunshine while I was painting.
paint done 002.jpg
^^^^This one is 2 days into 12-12^^^^^(I really like this photo!)
paint done 001.jpg

paint done 005.jpg
^^^^Here's my high tech power distribution center.
paint done 003.jpg
^Bloom room
paint done 004.jpg
^Bloom room
paint done 006.jpg
^Bloomers back in room
paint done 007.jpg
^Veg room back together

benamucc said:
....i was in there the other day asking about PH pens, and one of the owners, who had PH pens sitting in his case said "really, just use the eye dropper kits and then you don't have to worry about calibration etc." after saving me some big $$ on that, he gave me a $75.00 discount on a big order too.

IMO, the eye dropper kits do not give you a precise enough reading--I don't even trust them on my hot tub. As the pH scale is expotential, there is a huge amount of difference between, say, 6 and 7. Also, I believe that nutes color the water and do not give an accurate reading when you have to compare colors on a color strip.

The Hemp Goddess said:
IMO, the eye dropper kits do not give you a precise enough reading--I don't even trust them on my hot tub. As the pH scale is expotential, there is a huge amount of difference between, say, 6 and 7. Also, I believe that nutes color the water and do not give an accurate reading when you have to compare colors on a color strip.
had that problem with the strips and water with nutes in it.35 bucks solved that with a milwaukee ph pen.me and my ocd would go through like 20 strips per feeding lol.

I added some more light today 2 more 65w cfls to replace the 2 40wers, Im up to 23600 lumens now in my bloom room. Thats 5900 lumens per sq foot.

nova564t said:
I added some more light today 2 more 65w cfls to replace the 2 40wers, Im up to 23600 lumens now in my bloom room. Thats 5900 lumens per sq foot.

Your plants are looking great.

Eggshell paint is quite a bit less reflective that flat white.

You might want to keep your eyes open for a 250W HPS or a couple of 150s. You are running 390 watts and getting 23600 lumens. A 250w HPS will save you 140W and produce 25000-28000 lumens.

Makin money now so that might be possible soon.

Dude... that's one fine looking grow you've got going on!!

Exactly the type of thing I want to set up... I think you've inspired me to actually do it now!

Latest posts

Back