My budget closet grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nova564t

I am my own caregiver
Reaction score
View attachment grow room pics 010.jpg
My closet has 2 2x2 spaces, I made ceilings and doors with foam insulation.
View attachment grow room pics 006.jpg
I use 3 23w 6500k cfls in the Veg room.
View attachment grow room pics 005.jpg

View attachment grow room pics 004.jpg
Heres my fan, I have upgraded to a Dayton 4inch computer fan that works great for cooling and odor control (will update photo soon)
View attachment grow room pics 002.jpg
Heres my bloom room 4 65w 2700k and 2 40w 2700k cfls, mylar on 3 walls white on the door.
View attachment grow room pics 001.jpg
I use hemppy buckets, and use General Hydros Flora Nutes. Let me know what ya think or just ask if you have questions!!
View attachment grow room pics 003.jpg

slowmo77 said:
now thats a nice budget grow setup.
I'd just hit the thanks button but its no longer with us, so THANKS!!:banana:

i know right! the thanks button was awesome, not sure why it had to go. i've got some pics around here somewhere of some of my old grows. they were cheap cheap grows. the grow im doing now is low budget for sure.

Very nice nova, your rockin that growroom, looks like you have that doing well for ya

I think that you are going to want about twice the amount of light you have right now to provide adequate light for flowering. You should have a min of 5000 lumens per sq ft. for flowering

Second, I would recommend that you try and get your mylar hung straighter or take it out. Unless mylar is hung flat, its reflectability goes down the toilet. Flat white paint will give you far more reflected light than wrinkled mylar.

I don't see any fans--proper ventilation is as important as your lighting. You really should be exchanging the air in your space 3-4 times a minute.

Instead of the Mylar if you dont want to paint it white you could get some white cardboard, The stuff charts are made from and staple it to the walls.

Cheaper fix if its needed. I used the back of music posters in part of my 1st grow hehe, Worked a treat when i couldn't paint.

Jericho said:
Instead of the Mylar if you dont want to paint it white you could get some white cardboard, The stuff charts are made from and staple it to the walls.

Cheaper fix if its needed. I used the back of music posters in part of my 1st grow hehe, Worked a treat when i couldn't paint.
The walls are already white, Ill just take the mylar down. Thanks.:farm:

i am trying to do a similar set up, how do you power the computer fan?

Its a 120 volt motor and it came with a power cord. Just plug and play! Dayton pt # 4WT47 $35

Nice set-up and grow. Is it a hydro-drip set-up? I use those 65watters in my grow. Walmart has 55watters for 12 buck, 42 watters for 9 bucks btw. Nice grow indeed

I use hemppy buckets, I put my clones in growdan blocks then into buckets with perlite. I was using a perlite/vermiculite combo but now I just use perlite. I add water/nutes until it drips out of the over flow. Passive hydro.

Just get better lighting and you will be good.

Well I've been inspired by MosesPMG to do some painting today, do you think paint fumes with hurt anything if its not fully dry by lights out time tonight? I will post b4 and after photos later.:bump:

nova564t said:
Well I've been inspired by MosesPMG to do some painting today, do you think paint fumes with hurt anything if its not fully dry by lights out time tonight? I will post b4 and after photos later.:bump:

If its just flat paint it shouldn't take too long to dry. Maybe a couple hours with a fan on it.

this IS one good looking CFL grow!

what don't you like about the mylar? isn't it supposed to be just as good or better than the paint???

i don't think the fumes would hurt anything, especially since you seem to have your exhaust dialed in, and the plants will be getting fresh air drawn in there...

THG told me that white is better unless your mylar is straight and flat. It also has become dirty. Im gonna paint anyway maybe I'll come up with a way to get it tighter to the wall and put it back up, maybe in my veg room.

Ben have you been in "The Grow Store" ? They have this rotating reflector going in there, WTH is that thing all about? And BTW thanks for the compliment.

Latest posts

Back