My buds in Macro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check my plants at LEAST once a day when they are ripening. Usually 3 or 4.

But, that's me. LOL

I am going to put a time-lapse cam on a tric and watch it change from clear to cloudy to amber. That might be fun. :)

Don't wait 2 weeks to check them. At this point you want to go week by week so that you do land in the max ripeness zone. I always take plants that say 8wks fflower to 7.5 weeks then begin looking ffor amber to begin showing. At that point I check them every 3-4days. They typically end up going at least one more week, but sometimes they would go 2 weeks more. I personally like to get about 10% amber trichs so that I know I have close to 90% cloudy trichs. The reason is that not all off the trichs will ripen at the same time. The highest ones will ripen first while the lower ones will ripen last. Allowing the upper ones to get 10-20% amber will put you in the window of having the best level of ripening across the whole plant. :)

That's what I am torn about.

Do I want mostly amber or mostly cloudy?

But, that's me. LOL

I am going to put a time-lapse cam on a tric and watch it change from clear to cloudy to amber. That might be fun. :)

That's almost impossible.

You'd need a special macro lens/adapter like the ones I used to take that photo, and you'd need to shine white light on it which isn't possible due to the HPS. You'd also need to find a way to never move the plant more than a milimeter while watering.

That's good advice, but I was told that waiting decreases THC and heightens CBD.. which is good for medical marijuana but since I'm selling.. wouldn't more THC be better?
Well the first sentence is a load of crap. It does not lesson anything unless you are weeks beyond ripeness, nor does it increase the CBD. It may change the effect some, but then your crowd will have to let you know if they like it a little more speedy or more couch.

But, that's me. LOL

Pretty sure they call that OCD for which cannabis can not cure.
:rofl:

Well the first sentence is a load of crap. It does not lesson anything unless you are weeks beyond ripeness, nor does it increase the CBD. It may change the effect some, but then your crowd will have to let you know if they like it a little more speedy or more couch.

But doesn't CBD cause the couchlock feel?

But doesn't CBD cause the couchlock feel?

CBD is good for more medicinal purposes. Like PJ said it's great for relieving and treating symptoms for everything from seizures, MS, and pain relief without making you a zombie. IMO it's a mix of the two that lead to that sought after high. The one that not only relives pain and relives tension, but also gets the mind working and just let's you enjoy the moment. At this point who knows just how much Influence thc and cbs, and their combo ratio affect the overall high. The good news is States like WA and CO can now do the research the Feds should have been doing. I think once Obama and the DOJ blinked on CO and WA's legalization the writing was on the wall. Legalization will happen eventually. How fast and with what strings attached is to be seen. All I want to do is grow my own. Pretty simple.
Jmo

Mhm.

So, if I leave it flowering for another 2 months.. will it only have CBD? As in, no THC, no high - just pain relief?

That might be even more beneficial. I could sell it half-price to people in need and earn some moral credit.

Mhm.

So, if I leave it flowering for another 2 months.. will it only have CBD? As in, no THC, no high - just pain relief?

It does not lesson anything unless you are weeks beyond ripeness, nor does it increase the CBD.

The plant will either have high CBD's or it won't. Running it longer will not change that.

Mhm.

That might be even more beneficial. I could sell it half-price to people in need and earn some moral credit.

NO--that is not correct--do not do that, the trichs will die. How much ever CBDs is in the plant genetics is how much CBDs are in the plant. Growing it longer does not do things like change THC into CBDs. If you want a plant high in CBDs you are going to have to start with that--no way to develop it while growing.

Cloudy/amber trichs will give more of a couch-lock, which is not necessarily pain relief, just a more laid back high. Conversely, I have bad knees, arthritis almost everywhere, but can stay quite active because I have some nice sativa dominant strains that do not get me that "high", but do make it possible for me to get a whole lot done. I have, however, smoked for longer than many of you have been alive (over 40 years) and what you call an, ummmm, experienced smoker, so have a higher THC tolerance than many, I suppose.

In the absence of a scope, I say take a taste. Take a test bud. Not all bud gets amber trichs. See how it feels to your. You like it, harvest. You want a little more laid-back, wait. Just don't wait too long. You do have a harvest window and the trichs do died and become nothing if not harvested when the trichs are ripe.

If the THC doesn't turn into CBD, then there a lot of people spreading misinformation.

In regards to the taste test.. how do I do that? The buds will take longer to dry (2 weeks) than the time I have to wait for the plants to die.

Also, if you've been smoking for 40 years, you should be part of a case study to prove that marijuana has no negative long-term effects. That's what everyone is shouting about nowadays.

Latest posts

Back