My buds in Macro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
I took this Macro photo of my buds for two reasons - one, it's beautiful and two, so you could tell me how close to harvest they are.

IMG_4765.jpg

No can do, pookums. Need to be able to see the color of the little heads on the trics.

You can almost see it in the pic but not quite.

No can do, pookums. Need to be able to see the color of the little heads on the trics.

You can almost see it in the pic but not quite.

Did you zoom in to the full picture?

Alright, I'll try to take an even more close-up photo..

You could use your pictures program to blow it up on your computor screen. I can see the trichs on mine that way but I always use my use my microscope to make sure..

You could use your pictures program to blow it up on your computor screen. I can see the trichs on mine that way but I always use my use my microscope to make sure..

Okay, how about these?

IMG_4772.jpg

IMG_4773.jpg

LOL, you're getting closer.

It's still hard to tell but they look cloudy to me. I don't see any amber but that doesn't mean they're not there.

LOL, you're getting closer.

It's still hard to tell but they look cloudy to me. I don't see any amber but that doesn't mean they're not there.

Yeah, I'm getting closer.. literally :D

On THCTalk, I'm being told they're clear. Here, I'm being told they're cloudy.

Now what??

My eyes say cloudy. I say you flip a a coin and decide.

You need a new map

Tommy Boy

That was awesome, man. I never knew David Spade used to be funny.

But seriously, HOW MUCH LONGER?

My dealers are so far up my *** they've started selling to my e.coli!

There is no way to tell without the 30x scope.

Get a new map.

The scope isn't the problem. It's the 1,000$ I need to pay for a two-way ticket to fly you out here so that you can use the loupe and tell me if it's done or not.

What is the strain? How long has it been in flower so far?

Judging by the amount of white pistols still present I would guess you are a week to 2 out, but that is a guess at best.

Personally, I will always go a little longer over the too early as if you don't yield can suffer a bunch, and I'd always take the couch over walking circles around the block.

Good things come to those who wait.

When you look at the trics through the scope, you won't need to fly me out. It's obvious when they turn amber.

Although, if you live someplace nice...... I could come out. LOL

They are a mixture of cloudy and clear. I agree with pj, you are a week or two out.

PJ nailed it. They look clear and cloudy. Definitely not done yet. Another week or two.

Give them another week buddy and then look at them again. I know its a pita to wait the last few weeks but the wait is worth it to get the best blend of chemicals in the glands. Tell the boys they got to wait, "we can serve no wine until its time" :)

What is the strain?

Seedsmans' White Widow.

How long has it been in flower so far?

67 days.

Judging by the amount of white pistols still present I would guess you are a week to 2 out, but that is a guess at best.

That's a better estimation than I got over at THCTalk, so I'll take it :)

Personally, I will always go a little longer over the too early as if you don't yield can suffer a bunch, and I'd always take the couch over walking circles around the block.

Good things come to those who wait.

That's good advice, but I was told that waiting decreases THC and heightens CBD.. which is good for medical marijuana but since I'm selling.. wouldn't more THC be better?

When you look at the trics through the scope, you won't need to fly me out. It's obvious when they turn amber.

Although, if you live someplace nice...... I could come out. LOL

Yeah, absolutely. Ever been to Tel Aviv?

They are a mixture of cloudy and clear. I agree with pj, you are a week or two out.

PJ nailed it. They look clear and cloudy. Definitely not done yet. Another week or two.

Give them another week buddy and then look at them again. I know its a pita to wait the last few weeks but the wait is worth it to get the best blend of chemicals in the glands. Tell the boys they got to wait, "we can serve no wine until its time" :)

Alright, alright. Looks like we have unanimous agreement.

I will post back more photos in two weeks :)

Don't wait 2 weeks to check them. At this point you want to go week by week so that you do land in the max ripeness zone. I always take plants that say 8wks fflower to 7.5 weeks then begin looking ffor amber to begin showing. At that point I check them every 3-4days. They typically end up going at least one more week, but sometimes they would go 2 weeks more. I personally like to get about 10% amber trichs so that I know I have close to 90% cloudy trichs. The reason is that not all off the trichs will ripen at the same time. The highest ones will ripen first while the lower ones will ripen last. Allowing the upper ones to get 10-20% amber will put you in the window of having the best level of ripening across the whole plant. :)

Latest posts

Back