my crappy pot growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theblackthum

Reaction score
k so im a newbie i can never get a plant passed sprout stage im using a aluminum car shade to attracked more light from my 120 wat blue tip flouresent light with 2 fans directed on the plants for circulation and cooling and im using perserved rain water i also have miracle grow tomato plant food for when i do get out of this stage im stuck in any advice ive started trying to stick the plants outside just last night around 5 in the morning to see if they do good so i hav 2 plants outside and 2 inside under the details ive told you and these plants came from my newly sprouted plants which the 2 outside sprouted yesterday my 2 inside sprouted 2 days ago please help with any advice on soil and on my lame set up like what could make it work maybe boot leg it with out useing to much money

theblackthum said:
k so im a newbie i can never get a plant passed sprout stage im using a aluminum car shade to attracked more light from my 120 wat blue tip flouresent light with 2 fans directed on the plants for circulation and cooling and im using perserved rain water i also have miracle grow tomato plant food for when i do get out of this stage im stuck in any advice ive started trying to stick the plants outside just last night around 5 in the morning to see if they do good so i hav 2 plants outside and 2 inside under the details ive told you and these plants came from my newly sprouted plants which the 2 outside sprouted yesterday my 2 inside sprouted 2 days ago please help with any advice on soil and on my lame set up like what could make it work maybe boot leg it with out useing to much money

A few things I can tell you from what you've said there.

You need more than a single 120 wat flouresent light for the vegging/flowering stages, it will be alright (if close enough) for the sprouting process but after that it will just stretch towards the light as it wouldn't be giving enough lumens to make it grow out it will just be stretching towards the light.

flouresent lights don't give off much heat at all really, so they will need to be just a few inches away from the plant. Temps should be around mid 70s during the day but can drop to mid 60s during the lights out time.

Fan's shouldn't be directly focused on the plant itself, have it circulating around but at a decent distance.

Miracle grow anything is no good for MJ, you should get nutes which are more designed to grow MJ.

How big of a grow space are you actually growing in?

first I would like to welcome you to the Site..and we also need more info to help ya better...I too use those flouresnace(sp) they okay to get the littleones but You will need much more light in couple weeks..the outdoors is the cheapest but Know we are about to flower here in Seattle...the car window screen isnt good reflector..plain white paint is cheap...Temps between night and day is best if keept around 10 degree diffrance..Hope this helps

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

GOOD NEWS!!!... You have made ALL the common mistakes!!!..

Best advice I can give you is READ this site.... Read the Grow manuals.... Read the Forums... and then reread them...

Most of your issues will be solved )

CG Gave the best advice so far, read, read, then read some more.
All I will add is it is get good genetics, make your environment as near to perfect as you can (water, ph, air, CO2, light, temps, humidity) get decent quality nutrition and learn what the plant is telling you. Simples!!!!!
Oh, and read!
W

theblackthum said:

Keep in mind that this is a product that goes for $300 an oz or so "retail". It is going to take far more than a 120W fluoro and a couple of fans blowing air around to grow some dank. It is going to take some studying (reading) and money (what is your budget?) to grow a plant from seed or clone through harvest.

The others have given you good advise. Learn what the plant is going to need and then set up a grow space based on the plants needs--not just what you have lying around. Unless you are in a nice temperate climate, it may be too late to put babies outside now--they are going to need at least 3-4 months to bring to harvest. How cold does it get in your neck of the woods? Does it freeze? When?

I can tell you that for inside, you are going to need way more/better light, you are going to need a good quality centrifuge type exhaust fan, you are going to need better nutrients, you need a good soil mixture....

Latest posts

Back