My current (first) grow HELP MEEE!! COTYLEDON EMERGENCY lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooterz666

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I joined because im going through some issues with my seedling,

The seeds i'm using are bagseeds, I live in a country where weed is criminalized and no seed banks or dispensaries are available. My seed germinated fairly quickly and I did the common mistake of overpotting it, it's not that big of a pot though. My seedling started out just fine but I was under the impression that i was overwatering my seedling and my growing light definitely was not strong enough to create the necessary heat to help the soil dry. This is when i decided to leave my seedling out in the sun... WORST MISTAKE EVERRR, I live in a really hot and sunny country and i accidentally overslept and left the seedling in the sun for too long, i went out to find it's cotyledons gone (not even in the pot) and nothing but a dried up tiny stem with 2 tiny true leaves (the seedling was about an inch and a half tall), i took it inside immediately and watered it and carried on, I wanted to know if the cotyledons falling off might affect the plant and if you guys have any tips or suggestions.

I have my seedling under a single 75W 6500k LED bulb (grow lights are also very hard to find here), i plan on getting 2 cool white cfls instead.

I should also mention a few things:
the temperature outside was about 31/33 celsius i left it out for 6 hours
my first set of true leaves are still really small and pointing kind of downwards
the stem is rlly short but feels quite strong
the germinated seed has been in the soil for about 8 days

Last edited:
Hey stonerssss, thanks for the quick replies, I will post a picture of my poor little seedling shortly, but before i do so theres like an update or two: i can see a tiny tiny tiny leaf starting to grow between the surviving true leaves which might be a good sign, the stem also got a tiny bit longer. However the leaves themselves are still failing to grow. If I had access to other seeds I would just start over but there really is no way of actually finding proper seeds here (Cairo, Egypt). I do still have one not fully germinated seed (it's been in a wet paper towel for a week and has only started showing a white line appearing through the crack, should i just continue the germination in some soil or wait a few more days to see if it actually does manage to sprout in the paper towels..? Thanks in advance guys !!

Here are the photos, it looks horrible right now :(

Attachments

• current state.jpeg
    current state.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 9
  • day 1.JPG
    day 1.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • day 2.JPG
    day 2.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 9
  • day 3.jpg
    day 3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 8
Hey stonerssss, thanks for the quick replies, I will post a picture of my poor little seedling shortly, but before i do so theres like an update or two: i can see a tiny tiny tiny leaf starting to grow between the surviving true leaves which might be a good sign, the stem also got a tiny bit longer. However the leaves themselves are still failing to grow. If I had access to other seeds I would just start over but there really is no way of actually finding proper seeds here (Cairo, Egypt). I do still have one not fully germinated seed (it's been in a wet paper towel for a week and has only started showing a white line appearing through the crack, should i just continue the germination in some soil or wait a few more days to see if it actually does manage to sprout in the paper towels..? Thanks in advance guys !!
If you are seeing tiny leaves let it ride that is what you want

Not sure if you know about feeding or what type of soil you are using but that could explain the small size but then again some seeds just grow slow like some people do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys thanks for asking! The stem grew about half an inch but the leaves are still struggling to grow beyond their initial size, the cotyledons falling off must've stunted it, i sprayed it with a water/mollasses mix less than half a teaspoon in a small sprayer, a friend recommended that, I also left it outside in a semi shaded area most of the day to try to dry out the soil a bit hoping to see some improvements by tomorrow, if not i'll give my other semi germinated seed a shot in a small pot.

there she is poor girl

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.49.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.49.49 PM.png
    509.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.49.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.49.57 PM.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back