my current grow should i be concerned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyelements

Reaction score
both my girl are about 7 weeks old, i have had major problems with soil choices and deficiencys or burn in the begining. Wich i thought i had them squared away but they were switched to 18/6, 1wk 1/2 ago and 12/12 last night. I noticed the undergrowth has been turning yellow and lower fan leafs dying off i thought it may have been from previous issues but recently it looks pretty bad and there is a lot of yellowing in the middle smaller leafs then today on of the middle fan leaves looked like this and just fell of with the slightest touch. heres a few other leafs and if you can notice the lighter green discoloring on the girls. should i be concerned i dont know what to do at this point they were doing good......

newest.jpg

newest (2).jpg

newest (3).jpg

newest (4).jpg

newest7.jpg

From wha I can see that looks like normal growth cycles

I can't tell much from your pics, but overall, they look good. Tell us more about your grow. What size pots, the soil you use, the light, what you feed with, how much and how often. I wonder if you gave your plants a boost of something with nitrogen a week or so before putting them under 12/12? It's a good idea to boost their nitrogen level before flowering. Then, of course, flowering nutes, high in P and K are important once you've put them into flowering.

Those don't look bad at all stinky...yellowing, especially down low happens...

Alistair- i repotted into 4 and 5 gal pots a wk before switching. Im using MG seed starter soil now, i had them in MG 3 month release in the begining wich i quickly changed due to burn and so on. They have been through a few stressful transplants. I havent had them on a strict nute schedule throughout the grow due to getting things in order and getting them healthy again. I did feed them 1/4 veg nute before the switch to 18/6, about 1 1/2 wks ago. They have not been given flowering nutes yet. They are under a 250 watt hps a a cpl cmpct fluoros, im wondering if that is sufficient enough also. hope this helps at all.

Hamster- you always keep me feeling okay about my grow thanks man:D

stinkyelements said:
Hamster- you always keep me feeling okay about my grow thanks man:D

Well I remember my first grow and remember how unsure of things I was... just trying to keep you from pulling your hair out...:) Some things can't be learned from reading...you hve to go through it and learn that way. I think you hve done a pretty good job so far...you had some big problems early on but your girls look good. Keep up the good work.

HL- Haha i know, you can read up as much as you can but it means nothing until you are dealing with it personally.....I have been pulling my hair out but its been fun and may grow back. I appreciate the uplift. Im happy to be this far considering my first unsuccessful grows. They are pretty and smell lovely, just dont want to lose them now.

stinkyelements said:
Alistair- i repotted into 4 and 5 gal pots a wk before switching. Im using MG seed starter soil now, i had them in MG 3 month release in the begining wich i quickly changed due to burn and so on. They have been through a few stressful transplants. I havent had them on a strict nute schedule throughout the grow due to getting things in order and getting them healthy again. I did feed them 1/4 veg nute before the switch to 18/6, about 1 1/2 wks ago. They have not been given flowering nutes yet. They are under a 250 watt hps a a cpl cmpct fluoros, im wondering if that is sufficient enough also. hope this helps at all.
maybe they need some food, you gave em 1/4 veg nutes only 1 1/2 weeks ago and theyr quite big and nice :) i'm not saying you should directly give full strength, IMO wait couple of days see if yellowing is spreading feed them some maybe 1/2 strength, good luck ;)

Thanks Zem good point, they do need to be fed this week in a cpl days anyway, last feeding seemed to have burnt the new growth on the smaller one a bit though so i have to treat them both differently because of size and strain. And the one demanded more nutes before. I should be starting with flowering nutes now. Maybe that will give them what they need.

zem said:
maybe they need some food, you gave em 1/4 veg nutes only 1 1/2 weeks ago and theyr quite big and nice :) i'm not saying you should directly give full strength, IMO wait couple of days see if yellowing is spreading feed them some maybe 1/2 strength, good luck ;)
:yeahthat:

1/2 strength VEG nutes sounds like a plan.

They need some nitrogen. Bloom nutes are nice once buds really show, like a couple weeks in, but not yet.

DD

I am also concerned about the red stem, that came from the smaller girl, she never had them before where as the other one has had redish purple stems from start. the ones dying have the red stems, and only on that one plant, the yellowing is on both.

stinkyelements said:
I am also concerned about the red stem, that came from the smaller girl, she never had them before where as the other one has had redish purple stems from start. the ones dying have the red stems, and only on that one plant, the yellowing is on both.

depending on the strain i have seen purple, red, orange colored stems It nothin to worry about!

passafire420 said:
depending on the strain i have seen purple, red, orange colored stems It nothin to worry about!

Yea i didnt think so, i have seen it before, but also saw that it could be a deficiency if it wasnt always that way...Thanks man

Latest posts

Back