My dog

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Well for the past 4 or 5 days my dog has been acting real strange. She won't jump and only comes out to use the bathroom and eat. We know she had a problem with her back leg so we decided to take her to the vet yesterday. Come to find out she had a dislocated knee cap. :eek: It was nasty when the Doc snapped it back in. He gave me some pain and inflamation meds for her and sent me on my way. I just hope it doesn't pop back out because she screams so load when she's in pain i can't stand it. :(

Sorry to hear about that man. I hope she recovers fast.

Did he recommend any glucosamine? It can be very helpful for joint things in dogs.

geez.... sorry bout that
my dogs got similiar pains. her joints are all bad.
and she has a tumor in her brain... so ya she prolly wont be around much longer

sorry about yours though... it sucks watching your dog go through pain. =/

that sucks, I had to put my dog down a few months ago. It felt like the end of my childhood. I got her when I was 8 or 9. She survived some crazy stunts, even parvo virus, but cancer was found in her lungs and she was having a hard time breathing and they gave her about 24 hours and I really didn't want to wake up to a dead dog... I hope yours gets better, it's hard to watch your friend in pain:(

Thanks everyone. It really does **** watching my little baby in pain but she is doing much better today. :) I think getting her leg put back into it's socket worked .:rolleyes: Either that or she is to high on the pain meds i have been giving her. :D

Hey HH. I hope you get to enjoy the time you have left with your dog. It really sucks when ya lose one it's just like family.

Hey AreoTX sorry about your dog. Did ya get another? I know when my first dog died i swore not to get another and i had another one a week later. Like they say they are mans best friend.

Hey BD he gave me some pain and inflamation medication called Rimadyl.

They gave me some of that rimadyl also, I would go read up on it. It has become one of those "wonder drugs" that they just toss off to everyone. It has been rather effective for a lot of things but has also had some bad sides. It made my dog breathe hard all night so I quit giving it, go have yourself a read.
Glucosamine is pretty cheap, you can just get the stuff for people and give it to them, it's not a drug but a supplement.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Thanks everyone. It really does **** watching my little baby in pain but she is doing much better today. :) I think getting her leg put back into it's socket worked .:rolleyes: Either that or she is to high on the pain meds i have been giving her. :D

Hey HH. I hope you get to enjoy the time you have left with your dog. It really sucks when ya lose one it's just like family.

Hey AreoTX sorry about your dog. Did ya get another? I know when my first dog died i swore not to get another and i had another one a week later. Like they say they are mans best friend.

Hey BD he gave me some pain and inflamation medication called Rimadyl.
My dogs has to take 2 pills a dayof rimadyl allhis joints are bad and he is about 13 years old. That pill makes him run around like a little puppy.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the doggie. I dont like to see any animal in pain. I pray for a speedy recovery.

glucosamine is for arthritis, which can be in every1's human body. when this dries up you get the opposite of emflamed joints. you get dry sockets that hurt like hell. the GLC replentishes the bodies supply or GLS; any good health food store should have it. my father took it fer 20 years. a 160 lb man took 2 - 1000mg tabs a day so judge yer dogs weight and adjust accordingly. i find that non coated baby aspirin works fer small breeds - ask yer vet.

theres also a good website called www.about.com just put dogs into the search bar

How is your pooch TBG. Any better, I hope so. Keep me updated man

rockydog said:
How is your pooch TBG. Any better, I hope so. Keep me updated man
Whats up rockydog. She is 100 times better. Up and moving around but taking it slow. I figure by next week she will be back to her old self.

Whats up rockydog. She is 100 times better. Up and moving around but taking it slow. I figure by next week she will be back to her old self.

That's great news!! :)

She is 100 times better. Up and moving around but taking it slow. I figure by next week she will be back to her old self.

I'm really glad to hear it man! I can tell how much you love your pup by the way you speak of her. That's how I feel about my critters too.

It's so good to hear that she's doing well.

Give her a big ole scritchy scratch from Stoney!

Yeah Im with these guys and gals, very happy to hear she is getting better. Puts a smile on my face.

Whats up everyone. Once again our dog has been acting strange for the past few weeks so we took her to the vet yesterday. She has been drinking tons of water and urinating just as much. So we get to the vet and he says she has a urine infection. Fine i say and he gives me some meds for her to take. Then he says let me do a blood test on her. I say fine and ten minutes later he comes out and tells me our dog is a diabetic. :( *** is this gonna cost us. :eek: She is gonna have to get shots everyday for the rest of her life. We have to take her back to the vet in a few days and leave her for the whole day so he can give her her first shot and see how she reacts. Does anyone on here have a diabetic dog or know of anyone?

Hey Tbg, sorry to hear about that. Cant say ive heard of a dog with diabetes, A freind of mines dog suffers from epilepsy, which is very odd. Im sure your dog will cope with the change, in my work im surrounded by animals and its always amazing to see the things that they can cope with. I hope all goes well :)

Latest posts

Back