My dog

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man TBG, you would think that they would have a canine version of the human pills "Metformin Hydrochloride" that you could put in her food or a treat each day. Shots seem pretty radical.

I hope she does well man.

Here's some Green MoJo from the pygmy for her man!

GreenMojo.JPG

Thank you everyone. She seems to be doing much better. We have to give her two shots of insulin a day in the back of her neck. It doesn't seem to bother her and the Doc said she will be much happier and live alot longer. It's gonna cost us about $60 a month but she is worth every penny.
Since it's human insulin my brother is gonna see if his insurance will cover it at work. Hell it's worth a try right. Once again thank you everyone and my baby sends you all a big lick. :D

Man, TBG, I'm sure glad it worked out ok. I love my critters and I know by the way you speak of her you love your pup.

Good luck to her *and* you!

so what kinds of dogs dose everyone have?
i have a male and a female both black labs under 2 years old.
got them after the last one got hit by a car. he went for a cat and ran right infront of a car going at least 45mph. i was 10ft away. well im not going into deatil cause i dont want to start crying again.

I had the same ups and down with my "Brindle" when she was getting up in years. She was one of those once in a lifetime dogs. She was my wedding present from my husband, we picked her up from the SPCA when we got back into town from our "honeymoon".

Speaking of which....we always appall people when we say we went to Oregon and caught crabs on our honeymoon...ROFL, actually we caught true crabs on the coast and I went to boil them in a pot when I realized I just didn't have the heat I needed with no lid, I got a brainstorm idea. I went to the car and took off the air cleaner lid...PERFECT!... hahahha

Anyhow...(yap yap yap) egads i must be high

BRINDLE.JPG

Well folks more bad news on the home front with our dog. Over the past few weeks we noticed she hasen't been picking things up with her eyes well when tossing something to her or next to her. She has started to bump into things which can only mean one thing. She is starting to go blind. :eek: I mean come on man ***. :mad: Our dog has been through more **** the last 5 months than any dog goes through in their lifetime. This really sucks. She is only 7 years old and we love her so much. So she will be off to the vet again for more crap. :mad:

Dude i know what u are going through. I breed for a living. I have seen it all from parvoe(some nasty ****:mad: )to bruceola. Diabetic dogs are one of the worse because sometimes u dont see the symptoms till it is to late. I hope everything goes well. I know if u love ur dogs as much as i do. That this is killing u inside knowing there isnt much u can do. Good luck to ur little jitsu and his or her distants cousins are wishing him/her better.:D

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Well folks more bad news on the home front with our dog. Over the past few weeks we noticed she hasen't been picking things up with her eyes well when tossing something to her or next to her. She has started to bump into things which can only mean one thing. She is starting to go blind. :eek: I mean come on man ***. :mad: Our dog has been through more **** the last 5 months than any dog goes through in their lifetime. This really sucks. She is only 7 years old and we love her so much. So she will be off to the vet again for more crap. :mad:

Geez, that poor dog has been through a lot. I don't know what to say other than keep caring for her and loving her the way you have and enjoy your time together. I love dogs and hate to see them suffer. I hope that all works out for your dog & you.
DAMN, that sucks!!!

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
hey TBG sorry to hear about ur dog man. i hope all goes well at the vet and my prayers are there for her cause shes not just a dog she is family one of the kids and its hard when u see her sick. my dads dog went blind and has been blind for three years now and hes still strong and now he is used to being blind and gets around with no problem it took awhile but he knows his house and whos suposed to be there and whos not. the vet that he went to told him that he should put him to sleep and he told the vet to go ur self. he said would u put ur kid to sleep if he was blind? well bro sorry to ramble on man i just feel for u and i wish yous the best of luck with her and like i said my prayers are there for her

Good morning,
hope your dear friend comes out OK. I have two German Shepards , the male Harley caught pneumonia and we had a heck of a time trying to keep him alive. $ 900.00 later with the vet I had to hand feed him a special diet and grind his daily intake of pills up in his food. The vet and I talked about putting him down and gave him another week. Well ol Harley must have heard our conversation cause within the end of that week he was showing a vast improvement. Now he acts like there was nothing wrong with him...a lucky dog. Yeah hurts real bad when a loved one hurts and you feel helpless. Once again hope your friend gets better

Oh no TBG, I am sorry to hear about your poochie. :(

We had a dog that slowly went blind due to cataracts. She actually learned to get around pretty well. Towards the end she was bumping into everything, but she still had a great spirit.

man i just saw that post sorry to hear that but seh will be 110% in fw days give her some homegrown painkillas she be ok

Awwwww I am sooo sorry my frd! Love all animals and especially dogs. My heart goes out to you and her and sending you mucho positve vibes.
She is lucky to have you....really! I think our pet's are part of the family and I can see how much you care and love her. Well I will keep her in my thoughts....I am so sorry. :(
(((((((TBG & your sweet pooch))))))

Hugs~squirt

Thank you everyone for your very kind words. We :heart: LOVE :heart: her more than anything. It just sucks that the little turd has to go through all this crap. :mad: She has been through alot over the last 4 or 5 months. :( Well i'm sure she will learn to adapt to her enviorment as i have been doing some research on the net. It said that most dogs if not all learn. :) We were thinking of maybe getting her a seeing eye dog. :rofl: Anyway our baby sends big licks to everyone. :p Will let you all know what happens when she sees the vet this week. ;)

TBG im sorry to hear about your dogs struggles lol.. i mean, i thought ours had it rough, lost a few had a few more loved them all the same you know how it is, but your girl seems to have it pretty bad :(

still.. all is not bad as dogs are one of the most adaptive animals around.. i mean theyll adapt to being blind, being lame, losing teeth, nothing seems to get them down! i just hope shes ok, the last thing im sure anyone wants is to loose a member of there family.

so good luck and give your dog a big belly rub from riz and doc green lol

Doggie downer, TBG. Two years ago our dog was diagnosed with bone cancer. They thought we should put her down, but she was only 6 and we loved her like a child, so we couldnt' do it. She ended up getting one of her legs amputated, then had to go thru radiation. :(

Believe it or not, she learned to get around just fine on 3 legs..she could run, jump up on the couch and do almost everything she did before. And after a brief period of depression (right after the amputation) she returned to her old self with her great happy spirit. Sadly the cancer returned late last year and she died just before Christmas. :(

I swore I would never get another dog, but last month we adopted another one from a rescue org. She is a great dog and has helped us cope with the loss of our first baby. I hope your baby makes a speedy recovery, but remember that dogs are adaptable. While it might **** for you to go blind, dogs seem to take it all in stride, as long as they are fed and loved. I do hope you get her a seeing eye dog, tho and maybe some dark Sammy Davis Jr glasses and one of those white canes. She'd look so cool. :cool:

Yes it sucks when your animal dies for sure. Our first dog we lost do to the dumb arse vet. She was only 8 years old. :( Anyway i would like to thank each and eveyone of you for everything. Here is a pic of our baby taken this morning. She said sorry but she is having a bad hair day. :rofl:

100_7723.jpg

Whats up everyone. Well we took the little lady to the vet yesterday and the news wasn't good. The little turd is totally blind in one eye and partially blind in the other eye and she has another urine infection. On top of that her sugar was still high so he raised her insulin. To make matters worse for her she can no longer have any real dog food or treats. Her diet will now consist of Rice, Fruits and vegetables. Anywho that's how her day wen't yesterday.

Latest posts

Back