My dog

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn man that sucks, well the only consolation is your dog is still probably pretty happy. one of mine was on rice and chicken for about 2 years with stomach cancer and he was still as happy as the day i found him.. only time he got down was when it really got bad and the cancer spread to his lungs...

She looks real cute and really loved man, the best you can do is give her a good loving home which you have done, and you still have her despite her ailments, and thats what family is man. if only more dog owners were like that

It sounds like she's adjusting to her new limitations, TBG. She knows you love her and will continue to take care of her and like almost all dogs, she'll return your love a hundred fold.

Give her a big scritchy scratch for me.

Awwww TBG :(
I know how hard it must be not to give her treats. Is she allowed to have at least chicken broth with the rice?? My vet let me use the chicken flavor when my "late" golden retriever had to be on a special diet at the end as he had cancer. Was only 11 years old and gawd he was my best frd. I didn't even want another dog but my girls were little so of course I had to get them a new puppy....was still difficult. Anywhos we have another retriever...well a yellow lab. He loves table food and omg he will beg for pizza crust. lol I can't even imagine how hard it would be to not be able to give him a treat...so I truly feel for ya. Not like we can explain to them why "mommy" or in your case daddy can't reward them. I am shocked they did not say she could at least have lean white chicken with no skin ...usually that is not all that bad for them. Ask if you can give her just a very small amount >>yanno like a cube for a treat??
Sending your sweet dog LOTS of positive vibes my frd.
....give her a big hug for me! ((((((hugs))))))

peace~squirt

Thank you guys and gals. We think she is gonna get along pretty good. She doesn't seem down but it just sucks for the little girl. Gonna give the vet a call today and see about giving her some chicken or maybe even some tuna fish. Once again thank you everyone.

Hey TBG, you need some doggie perspective here.

While it would totally blow for you YOU to go blind and have health problems, think of it this way. The reasons YOU would hate to go blind are because: you wouldn't be able to drive, you couldn't work, you couldn't watch tv or use the computer. And most importantly, it would be next to impossible for the Blind TBG to tell the difference between a male and a hermie. Not to mention you'd have to go feeling around your house for your bong if you forgot where you left it. ;)

BUT...think of this from your dog's perspective. She doesn;t drive, use the computer or the tv, no need to work...and sadly she neither grows nor smokes pot :( . In a way, your little pooch has won the lotto here. SHe now has a very attentive servant (that would be you) who will dote on her every whim.

After all, What do dogs live for? Love and Attention. And she;ll be getting it in spades. Okay okay they also live for treats...But they make a lot of diabetic treats that I'm sure your vet will turn you on to.

My husband and I often joke (yes I get called 'bro' and 'dude' a lot on this forum, but I am actually a chick) ...but we often joke that the high point in Bosco's life (our dog who died) was when she was battling cancer. She got doted on like the baby Jesus. She also had a restricted diet, but we would rush home with special treats, we were constantly petting and brushing her. SHe was loving her pampered life!

Anyway, spoil your little baby like there's no tomorrow :baby: . She is lucky to have you.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Give her a big scratch from me :p

Latest posts

Back