My first clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner

Reaction score
these are cuttings from a church female. My first attempt at cloning 24 hours old. I read Hicks article on cloning and followed it as best I could. They are in jungle growth potting soil I dipped each cutting in Rootone Rooting Hormone and put inside a mini greenhouse I bought at Wal Mart for $2.00. Should I water or should I mist? I am taking the lid off at this time for 1 hour as Hick suggested . Any help or comments will be appreciated.

100_2774.jpg

I mist, works well, do it once a day for first few days then that is about it, but if you have a humidity dome on it should not be that necessary. I find that if I leave mine (humidity dome) on for more than 5-7 days the tops of the clones will begin to turn yellow and rot. It seems as SOON as the roots are forming the high humidity becomes a problem instead of a benefit in my experience.
Good luck and just so you know, I have been taking clones for years, and I have never had a 100% success rate so don't be discouraged if a few don't make it. Just the casualties of war. :)

Lookin good there Ridgerunner, I'm sure if you followed Hicks procedure you'll be fine, Keep us updated on the Church!

Phatpharmer

Latest posts

Back