My First grow in about 7 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny5968

Reaction score
Well I had to delete the original post due to the pics i took with my PHONE!! So
im goin to do a repost!! My two plants the first one is a Skywalker and the other is a Mataro Blue.. They both are about 6 foot tall and they just finished there 4 week of flower....Thay are in Promix soil and Im using adavanced nutes and 1000 watt air cooled HPS In a 6x11 foot room... also some close up pics...

Me tooo... Its seems to be gettin some red hairs already and its only on it 5 week of flower..But its just a couple of small tops in the middle of the plant. And its a big plant...Lolll

Very nice looking plants. Best of luck for a plentiful and quality harvest.

Skywalker and Mataro Blue. End of 6th week of flower.. The girl are getting mighty heavy.... The sativa looking one is the skywalker....:hubba:

Paitence johnny. you have some great girls going there. Enjoy their company for a spell. Green mojo and harvest mojo as well.:icon_smile:

Looking pretty good Johnny! Green Mojo for your grow!

With the size of your room, you may want to think about adding another light to it. You're lacking a bit in lumens for your overall process.

3500 lumens/sf for veg
5000 lumens/sf for flower.

A single 1000w will give off between 95,000-110,000 actual lumens (depends on MH/HPS and the type of bulb)

For that size space you want to run somewhere in the 300,000 lumen range to stay adequate for veg and flower. You're currently producing about 1500 lumens/sf roughly.

Thanks!! As soon as this first round is done I will be getting another 1000 watt hps it should be just about right for growing 8 nice size plants... This is my first grow in about 7 years.I had to stop and get rid of all my stuff but now Im back..I asked a couple of friends for some help and the next thing i know Ive got 2 plants and a 1000 watt hps. So I veg for a couple of weeks to get my room sort of set up with what little I to work with.. Cut 30 clones and put the 2 plants into flower.....I love my friends...Upgrades are in the works...GROW GREEN!!

Glad to hear that it was easy to get back into the swing of things. Like riding a bike- certain skills stay with us.

Plants look great- good luck with the grow

Ill try and be better with my Journals this is my first one. I think ill get better with time.......

Johnny5968 said:
Ill try and be better with my Journals this is my first one. I think ill get better with time.......
I used to think that. I've now accepted my lazy ways:cool:

BUDS! welcome back to the game. Looks like you'll have quite a bit of smoking to do in a few weeks! Mojo for your final laps.

Well tomorrow is the end of week 7. The girl are getting mighty heavy and im having a hard time keepin all the branches up.. Ive got everything wired up pretty good but im just running out of places to tie off too.... Pics tomorrow.......Thanks budders Keeper!! It all so close now!!

Looking forward to seeing the new pics

the first two are the Mataro Blue and the next two are the Skywalker...They are getting very heavy and if got them strung up....Lolll Im not to sure how many weeks till they finish but ill be watching.....:D GROW GREEN

Latest posts

Back