My First Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The three girls...

1. The best
2. Okay
3. A little scrawny

Various 009.JPG

Various 015.JPG

Various 018.JPG

A few of the two in the scrog. That isn't really a scrog but just a canopy type thing. I was having some ph problems that I have hopefully corrected, and they got a little yellow.

14 days into flower. Nirvana Special.

Tessie and Nessie. Tessie is on the left.

Various 001.JPG

Various 002.JPG

yoga what happenend to your scrog? were you impatient & just flipped 2 taste those tasty treats faster? well anyhow everything looks great! its nice to see that a family has a common hobby.

Yoga said:
Dear Diary,
I love my box!
Yoga

hehe :hubba:

Everything looks nice Yoga! I'm ready to see them start flowering!

docfishwrinkle said:
yoga what happenend to your scrog? were you impatient & just flipped 2 taste those tasty treats faster? well anyhow everything looks great! its nice to see that a family has a common hobby.

It really never was a scrog (although I am hoping to have one on my next grow). I didn't let it fill out at all before I flipped. I just wanted something to keep the growth down.

GrowinGreen said:
hehe
Everything looks nice Yoga! I'm ready to see them start flowering!

Me too!

pcduck said:
Nice box....What are the temps inside and out?
Yeah, I thought he did a nice job. And cheap too! It is 80 with the lights off and 76 with them on. I have the lights on at night, which really helps with heat too.

Dear Diary,

Oh Crap! Medic!

Yoga

Tessie and Nessie aren't doing too good.:cry: These are the girls that I was having PH problems with and also had a problem and their lights were left on. So, a couple of days ago I noticed that the fan leaves at the bottom where getting really yellow, really quick. I gave them their regular feeding of BB and TB and added a little bit of organic Alaskan fish fert (5-1-1) thinking it was a N def. Then I couldn't check on them yesterday and when I went to check on them today...bad news. The fan leaves are very yellow and the whole plant is lightening even more. The bottom fan leaves are just about gone. Man...you turn your back for a minute. I hate that feeling.

I was thinking that maybe they have nute lock and decided to flush (which I am doing now) with 6.5 ph water. Then I am going to give them BB, TB, and the Alaskan fish fert and hope they can recover a little. And if it isn't nute lock and N def, I'll have to try something else. I am going to be going out of town on 7/14 for a week and I really hope to see some recovery by then. Or I'm screwed.

Here is the carnage. Still can't take pictures (obviously), but I do plan on downloading the manual and trying to learn a little more taking a better pic.

Various 006.JPG

Various 007.JPG

I had a question. Now that I have done my flush how long should I wait before trying to feed the girls? Should I let them dry out a little or should I feed them tonight? Thanks for any input!

yoga 1st take a deep breath. weve all gone through disasters & if you dont know exactly what the prob is then do one thing @ a time til yuo get desired results. its hard to figure out what it was that fixed ur prob if multiples have been carried out.

how long are they in flower? maybe 3 wks? well you flushed so just let em dry out til next water. hold off on nutes for couple wks IMO. whats ur pH? next water id just give em 1/4 tsp epsom/gal then the following water feed. from ur pics it does look like N def. did you give em a nice dose of nitro b4 flipping? hope it works out 4 u.

GL

DFW

Doc,

Thanks for the good advice. I hate when things are going badly, but you're right, when you rush in you could just be making them worse. My ph before the flush last night was 7.0. These are the same girls I was having problems with the ph before. I will add the salt with the next water. They did get a dose before the flip, but it either wasn't enough or they might have already started to get locked out and I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Urrrg! And I hate that I am going to be out of town for so long. I'll just have to leave the hubby very detailed directions. Although, he will probably end up doing better than me.

Dear Diary,

Can't we all just get along?

Yoga

Okay, I'm bad. I admit it. I was suppose to water the girls yesterday (Sandra, Sonia, and Ruth) and didn't. There really is no excuse. But, as I went to water them today, I realized the striking difference. I am amazed at all of the growers who can grow many different strains at a time. You have my respect, especially since I have difficulty with two.

P.S. Tessie and Nessie are still yella' bellies. I am waiting for them to dry out after the flush before I feed them again.

22 days in flower:

1. Sonia

2. Ruth

Various 002.JPG

Various 004.JPG

Dear Diary,

It is only a week. It is only a week. I can do it.

Yoga

So, I'm off. I am going to visit my mother-in-law for a week in Arizona. I think I am crazy for leaving my plants, and absolutely insane for going to Arizona in July. I hope both me and the girls survive. If I have a chance I will post pics of the girls after their watering. If not I will put up new ones when I get back.

so did ruth pick up after ya watyered her. she looks like she diein of thirst in the last pic yoga.

i had one tat started to look like taht an as soon as i hitther wit water she literally sprung up in less than 20-30 minutes. i swear i almsot seen her actually swell up an movin back to normal. just after ya water her check before ya call it good. i knwo the one i had do the same thing she drank up a while ton of water again after i watered her first time even.
wat her slowly lil at a time and as soon as ya get a lil runoff stop.
this wat i did anyway.
i hope ya girls will be ok wit out you tehre a whole week.
also wit all ya equip etc running do you have anyone checkin on the house time to time while you gone at all.
not to worry ya but i'd hate to see ya next post after returning sayin ya house burned down cuz a fan burned out shorted out etc etc...
and the yellowing on the girls above was definatley N deficience IMO and exp.

Zip,

Oh yeah, she perked right up. My husband is going to be home and taking care of everything. I hope the girls are okay without me (I'm sure they will be).

I'm off (for good this time).

well good to hear they came ack around on ya. :)

have safe trip n have fun!!

Dear Diary,

Is it still a vacation if you don't have any fun?

Yoga

I'm back. I have been back for a few days and have been working through having a sprained ankle and being sick. I am finally starting to feel good enough to beat my husband at badminton (he would disagree). My husband took really good care of the girls. He made sure to check their ph and mix everything right. It was a pain in the butt for him (especially since he can't smoke) but he never complained. I had him give Tessie and Nessie a little too much N and they have greened up a little, but it also crisped them up. Uggg. I can never really get down the "everything in moderation" and am just starting to learn how important it is with the plants.

I did have one really big concern though. I am afraid that I am getting a hermie. I can't tell if it is the caylx (no hairs coming out) or if I popped a nanner. They are 38 days in flower. Any and all input is welcome.

Sorry, the flash is on in the pics. I am still trying to locate my cameras user manual on line.

1. Pic of whole plant
2. Caylx or bannana?
3. My other plant in this grow area

Various 041.JPG

Various 047.JPG

Various 057.JPG

Here are the other girls. Two are doing really, really good. One is scrawny as hell and has alot of bud sites, but the buds are teeny tiny. This was the plant that I had put under HPS during a good portion of her veg, because I didn't have room. Oh well, I'm learning. I also think that she is feeling some heat stress since temps have been skyrocketing here.

1. Full shot
2. Tops of another
3. Scrawny girl

Various 067.JPG

Various 072.JPG

Various 074.JPG

Latest posts

Back