My first grow (please grade me professors)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off to a pretty decent start I would imagine. Now, will a metal chamber get to hot? How will you rig up your cooling system?

The cabinet I am going to use is this one. Check it out and let me know if you think this can be made light proof.

I will vent in air conditioned air through a 4" vent into the a/c room behind it and I will exhaust with a 6" vent into the attic.

closet.jpg

theyorker said:
The cabinet I am going to use is this one. Check it out and let me know if you think this can be made light proof.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=2&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=88351&cmArea=SEARCH

I will vent in air conditioned air through a 4" vent into the a/c room behind it and I will exhaust with a 6" vent into the attic.
Sorry but the link you posted doesn't show anything. Yes you can make anything light proof with the right tools. ;)

Argh....

No mean to disrespect. Your setup looks tite.

BUT,

Why do people adhere to this '30 days no nute' theory? Yeah, I can agree with that for organic soil which has everything you need already. From the pic it's unclear what you are starting with.

One thing right away. A seedling does NOT have enuf food inside of it to support itself for the first month. If you think differently, please start your seedling in sand, feed it RO water and see what happens.

A seedling has enuf starting energy to get started. No food will result in exhuberant root mass growth, N deficiency and then death.

At the same time if you give a seedling adult strength nutes, overnuting will quickly result, which I agree is a common problem.

It's all in what you have to start with. Not knowing this is like starting blind. What are the constituents of the stuff you're planning to grow in for the next 30 days?

Don't hold to a theory because it's promulgated on these boards. Think of why you are doing something.

If you start with an essentially nute barren mix (either straight vermic/perlite or inorganics like hydroton) you are asking your plants to grow in a 'Martian Medium' (meaning nothing for them to eat). I have been there, done that, had the yellow plant as a bonus.

Personally I like to start from scratch with a nute barren mix and add in my own materials. That way you will have a complete handle on what to adjust or mix and the advice can be much more specific for your situation. Just remember all plants need some food at every stage of their lives.

Nice. I get to hear from Zarnon. I read your grow room from the start and I wish I had your harvest coming!

The mix is Jungle Grow Professional Growers Mix and it has all organic, natural nutes in it which, from everything I have read, are more then enough for the first 3 weeks.

How long will they need to veg before transplanting and moving to flower? I only have about 8" space max for them to veg in?

Cool dude, didn't mean to sound strident. You'll know if your plants need it or not. Sounds like you have it covered.

The chamber looks fine. Just be sure you can take out most or all of those shelves.

They arrived today, 1/22. I ordered them on 1/8. I bought 10 White Widow and got 10 free for $100. Some people might say I got ripped off, but hey, I got the seeds and they are germinating.

I've been very busy on my grow box. I got the storage cabinet delivered on Friday and it is better then I thought. I'm going to use one shelf to seperate the veg and flower chambers. I bought a 6" inline fan and will cut the holes and install the vents today and tommorrow.

Hopefully, by Wednesday, I'll have 14 little sprouts waiting to be planted into their new home. I'm going to use LST and my goal is to flower 8 plants.

My lighting is going to be 2' T12 flourescent tubes. 17 fixtures and ballists running 34 lights in a 4' x 4' x 2' area. Lights will surround the plants on all sides except bottom.

I've never been so excited about anything in my life. My poor wife of 16 years doesn't know what the hell to do. She's never seen me so motivated about anything, but can't stand MJ. Anyway, I'll post pictures by weeks end. Later stoners!

Congrats on getting your seeds mang. ;) Now let's get them babies germinated and in the ground. Good luck and here is some GREEN MOJO for the little ones.

GreenMojo.JPG

Latest posts

Back