My First Grow Please Help Me !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpzd

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I just get to the point, i got some weed from my dealer and it had some seeds in the buds, i got some soil from my garden centre and a pot and put the seeds in the pot and water them everyday they are in a same pot and under a 11watts electricity saving bulb ( stupid i know ) this is my first time i don't know what am doing bout after 2 weeks now they are looking healthy , i have warped kitchen foil around the pot so the light reflects i don't have any fans or plant food i just water it with normal tap water , my question is will my plant survive or it will die soon i cant afford a better light or anything else this is wat i got, please comment i don't want to waste my time if they are going to die let me know .

And all of this is in my closet next to my cloths no air circulation.

thank you everyone

Here, hit the "go advanced" button and scroll down till you see Manage attatchments. You may have to resize them. After you do that you click the paper clip (small icon top of this page) then your good to go. I think there are probably better instructions on a sticky. Hope it helps.

Here are the pics please read my threat and comment.

thanks

126337n.jpg

2hf06u1.jpg

j13pm1.jpg

6t1xcw.jpg

29et63a.jpg

Ok, well the bad news is the foil doesn't help at all. Flat white paint is more reflective.
You won't be able to grow good marijuana with your current set up. Sorry. I think you already knew that huh. It needs good air circulation very strong light to veg and a different light to flower. BUT, i think when you are ready to invest in a grow area you will do well.

Read all the growing resources at the top of the page and there are stickies in each section that would help. Like you could go read about lighting. Your little plant looks happy right now. Good luck Dumpzd.

well for what hes got that plant is looking pretty good. im a newb myself so i cant really give much credible advice but seeing as how your plant looks right now i wouldnt doubt that it will grow to give you some buds. it probably wont be anything to brag about, but at least youll probably save 60$. just get some more lights at the very least, or minimum one strong one 40 actual watts. keep your closet open as much as you can for some fresh air. if you want to produce quality and high quantities then follow the volumes of advice on this forum. if you just want to grow with minimum effort and costs just keep doing what youre doing.

You will NEED a lot more wattage to flower that baby (if it turns out to be female). You NEED some nutes, you NEED adequate ventilation. You may get it to veg a while under that light but without nutes it might not make it. PS you should remove those links before someone does it for you.

Thank you rosebud and than you Hamster Lewis for the link i have read about the lighting and i went on ebay and found this :

this is an ebay link am think it is ok for me post it here if not le me know i will remove it, it is a
70 Watt HPS Sodium Lighting Kit With Son-T I Grow Lamp will this do the job for my plant as they are only 2 of them i think this bulb with an reflector and and some fans for air circulation and good nutrients will get me some buds to smoke right?

please comment on the bulb as i dont really know much about them i dont want to get the wrong one as i dont have much cash these days.

and what kind of nutrients i need ? could someone post a name or a brand please?

thank you everyone for your comments it is much appreciated

Dumpzd, please change the http to hxxp. No live links allowed. Go back and edit your post and do that ok?
I don't think you want a used HPS bulb. I change mine every three grows. How big is your space?

You need a quality potting soil. I use fox farm ocean forest.

id try to go for at least the 150 watt hps if i were you. I was about to get a 150 until i discovered tons of deals on craigslist for 400 watt hps/mh digital ballasts for 100$ and that includes the cool tube reflector, bulbs, and ballast. monday is the day i get mine. its all a matter of finding the best deal somewhere out there. best advice ive ever been given is to not skimp out on your grow set up and invest a reasonable amount of money at the beginning for proper equipment. it may seem like a lot to spend at first but you will usually end up making at least twice the money back. keeping it simple and maintaining high quality is what i aim for and i suggest the same for you. but i think its important to know this: what is your goal? what do you want from these plants? do you just want some extra nug and dont really care for quantity or do you want to maximize its potential? if we could know that as well as your budget and more info about your grow space i think someone here could probably tell you how to grow your plants from now until harvest.

well i do not have alot of space, the space is for 1 pot and 1 plant no more then that i wont have the space for a big reflector for the light and i dont have a place for the ballast, this is in my room closet and i dont want anyone to find out about it as am a student in a shared house i dont want to spend alot of money and i wont be growing all the time i thin its only this time i can get good soil and nutrients for my plant bout i cant spend alot of money on a light that will use 2 much electricity as i sed before am just a student , how about CFL lights those dont even use ballast or reflectors and they work good i think i have been looking around the forum and some growers use 2 maybe 3 of them 65w or even 45w for veg and flower e.g nova564t if you guys loo at his grows hes using cfl lights will that work for me aswell ?

Rosebud i have removed the link sorry for posting the links i dont know much am just a newbie, and thank you Genuine for your advice .

LED DIY and ur good to go , or if u have the few extra 50bucks u can get u a good one ready for the entire cycle , then use the reflectors underneath in an edge form to hit the tips of ur leaves.

Dumpzd said:
well i do not have alot of space, the space is for 1 pot and 1 plant no more then that i wont have the space for a big reflector for the light and i dont have a place for the ballast, this is in my room closet and i dont want anyone to find out about it as am a student in a shared house i dont want to spend alot of money and i wont be growing all the time i thin its only this time i can get good soil and nutrients for my plant bout i cant spend alot of money on a light that will use 2 much electricity as i sed before am just a student , how about CFL lights those dont even use ballast or reflectors and they work good i think i have been looking around the forum and some growers use 2 maybe 3 of them 65w or even 45w for veg and flower e.g nova564t if you guys loo at his grows hes using cfl lights will that work for me aswell ?

Rosebud i have removed the link sorry for posting the links i dont know much am just a newbie, and thank you Genuine for your advice .

Doesn't sound like this is your time to grow. Wait till you are on your own and do it up right. It would be very hard to do a stealth grow where you are. Good luck to you and when your surroundings are better, you will do a good grow, i just know.

crozar said:
LED DIY and ur good to go , or if u have the few extra 50bucks u can get u a good one ready for the entire cycle , then use the reflectors underneath in an edge form to hit the tips of ur leaves.

Puleeeaze?.. a $50 led??? :rolleyes:

a couple of things dumpz.. first and foremost, you really shouldn't risk 'others' well being or security for your own rewards. "IMO" that is selfish and self centered. Consider the consequences your room mates might suffer at no fault of their own. Possible arrest and prosecution even if totally ignorant to your op'. At very "least", persecution and life drama.
Second, you absolutely need ventilation/fresh air in, stale air out. Regardless of the light you choose, nutrients, ect. It is, will be, next to impossible to grow in a house without being detected by the other residents.

Hick said:
a couple of things dumpz.. first and foremost, you really shouldn't risk 'others' well being or security for your own rewards. "IMO" that is selfish and self centered. Consider the consequences your room mates might suffer at no fault of their own. Possible arrest and prosecution even if totally ignorant to your op'. At very "least", persecution and life drama.
Second, you absolutely need ventilation/fresh air in, stale air out. Regardless of the light you choose, nutrients, ect. It is, will be, next to impossible to grow in a house without being detected by the other residents.

:yeahthat::goodposting:

Hick said:
Puleeeaze?.. a $50 led??? :rolleyes:

First.... :yeahthat: on the PULEEEAZE! $50?? Buy a bag if that's all you're willing to spend ;)

Second.... :yeahthat: :yeahthat: on the think of your roomies comment. This is stuff that could wreck an innocent life, don't do it!

Latest posts

Back