My First Grow Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondJim420

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my first grow room.

It's a 3'8" x 3'8" x 8' closet. The hood is a Luxor (vertical bulb) with 8" flanges. It houses a 600-watt Hortilux Super HPS bulb, powered by a Lumatek digital dimmable ballast. An Elicent 8" 636 CFM fan cools the hood and vents the room. There are 3 passive intake vents covered with black panty hose.

For my first grow I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forrest grow medium (mixed with a little perlite), and Fox Farm nutrients.

The plants are Nirvana Northern Lights grown from feminized seeds. Wish me luck. I don't have any smoke till these are harvested, dried, and cured.

002 (800x600) (800x600).jpg

003 (800x600) (800x600).jpg

004 (800x600).jpg

005 (800x600).jpg

Attachments

• 006 (800x600).jpg
    006 (800x600).jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 141
Looks real good, The only thing I would do at this point is fim them girls when they get about 5-6 nodes tall so that you can get multiple top colas rather than a single cola. I would also get a couple small fans in there to stirr the air from below as they like a good breeze. Green MOJO for yer grow :)

Looking Good! Is that ballast secure? It seems like it is just hanging but I can't tell from the pick. Good luck and GREEN MOJO!

-SSF

SensiStarFan said:
Looking Good! Is that ballast secure? It seems like it is just hanging but I can't tell from the pick. Good luck and GREEN MOJO!

-SSF

Thanks. Yes, the ballast is super secure. It has two very strong supports - one is a strong hook screwed into a 2x4, and the other is a strong chain attached to a different hook screwed into a 2x4...

Room looks great man. Been following some of your posts in the indoor growing forum, as i'm new myself. I'd get your girls closer to the light, though. They look pretty far down and look as if they may stretch a bit? Not sure if its a concern to you or not.

Latest posts

Back