My first grow with more than 1 plant!V.I.S.C. Vertigo (Blackberry x F'ing incredible)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate your advice, and the next time around I will definitely just let them be, but for now what's done is already done. It does not seem to have negatively affected the plants, at least for now.

My friend is definitely a bit of a superstitious grower. He also is a freak when it comes to water quality. He used to tend saltwater aquariums when he was younger, which are incredibly picky in regards to conditioning, and water composition is IMO one of the things that really help make or break the final outcome.

I've also tried spiking the roots on a previous plant, but this i would NEVER consider doing again. It ended up pretty much adding an extra 2 weeks for recoup from the damage that had been done, but in the end turned out as i would have expected if it had not been spiked, without the extra 2 weeks.

I am definitely interested in having quality finished product after all is said and done, but I'm more interested in doing experiments to see what kinds of things I can personally do with some plants to change the outcome. I want to learn, and I do this a lot better when I test things out for myself. So next time will be the flip side of this test!

A week or 2 of darkness I cant even understand being beneficial in any way. I would think that (like a human) after that amount of time without light the amount of stress would be too much in the first place. You would become weaker physically and mentally drained. Just because of the way a plant works, given that it needs the light in order for photosynthesis to take place, I can't even see a single 24 hour period of darkness being a good idea. It may not hurt the plant much at all, but it's still unnecessary right?

I like to think of them almost literally like a physical child. they need food, exercise, love, reassurance, with discipline and positivity in all facets in order to flourish. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna go break my own childrens arms in order to make their bones stronger or anything hahaha, but it works the same way for if a child gets hurt they do take steps to not repeat the same mistake. The ideal is the same just not the physical practice.

At the same time, all things are made from some form of energy, so feeding something positive energy can't hurt it unless it's in excess. On the flip side of this statement, neither positive nor negative energies are all destructive or beneficial, and negative energies in some cases are in fact building blocks for chemical reaction etc...

Negative energies in small quantities, IMO (in this case something like harsh movement, severing leaves, or loud aggressive music) helps to strengthen the resolve of anything taking in the negative energy so long as it's not in destructive quantities like placing a subwoofer in the center of your crop on full blast with dr dre beating the crap out of your crop all day, or turning on multiple fans on high to simulate a tornado, I cannot see their being a detrimental outcome as a result.

Just a more than gentle breeze every so often is 100% proven to strengthen the stalk of the plant.

So I guess what i'm saying in my opinion, in essence is this: If you're attacked, do you not strengthen/defend yourself to prepare for another assault if you have no means to retaliate? This is true for all living things. For my purposes (trimming leaves/moderate breezes) is meant to simulate a coming undesirable season. If a plant is capable of going from female to hermaphrodite in order to perpetuate it's species asexually, is it so difficult to think that a light "attack" on a plant may cause it to strengthen itself towards final production?

I'm no botanist or anything, I just take things very literally, and the way this sounds to me, seems very plausible.

Thanks for the input HempGoddess! I have a feeling we'll have some good conversations one day!

p.s. maybe i'm a little crazy with the energy stuff, but I'm a believer in Karma, and when you do good things, you get good results. So long as i'm not butchering the plants, and as long as I feel like I'm doing it for the right reason I'm ok with some trimming.

Today I gave my plants their final feeding, the next 2 weeks I'll be flushing them in preparation for harvest :D

Praying for some tasty nugs! I'll post some more pictures tomorrow when the lights come on, and again when I'm harvesting and once I've got them hanging!

Camera battery died while taking pictures.... I guess I must have forgotten to charge it.... however could I have done such a thing.... :bong1:

OK! Here's a couple new pictures! got the camera all charged up and loaded them up!

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

perky! happy! and geting frosty.....looking great!

I would also advise against starving your plants for the last 2 weeks of their lives. You are asking them to bulk up and pack on resin and they need food to do this. I defy ANYONE to tell the difference between a plant that was flushed the last 2 weeks (starved) and a plant that was fed up until harvest after a proper dry and cure.

If you don't flush it out, don't the nutrients not work their way out of the plant? as far as I though then it doesn't smoke properly and tastes off. I'm still a newbie so learning from you is helpful. I guess the drying and curing can counteract the taste and burn of the finished product then If I understand you correctly.

I'm not flushing them in hopes they'll get bigger as a result. I just want the best tasting smoke I can get, and that was just a piece of information that I've heard in more than one place.

If you're growing organic or "natural" barring a better word, then no need to flush. I feed organically (w/molasses waterings) literally up till I bring the plant down. Soley using chemical-based veg/bloom nutes, ime, you need to flush w/ plain water for ~7-10 daze.

I've taken samples and dried properly of chem prematurely vs. organic samples taken premature (i.e. no flush or straight water) and have gotten headaches from the chem's vs. no headaches from the organically fed (no flush or straight water)...jme

I'm feeding them GH nutes right now. I noticed one thing for sure, that when I did my first grow it was 100% organic feedings, no chems or soluble nutes like GH etc. it was all guano, worm castings and blood/bone meal. I found that with this when I smoked it I got a pretty dirty taste in my mouth, but I was nice and baked, and when i "burned out" it wasn't a typical burnout where I'd get all sleepy or lethargic, I just didn't feel stoned anymore.

With chems I know what you mean about getting headaches. so I dont know, Unless it's really gonna harm the plant which I know it won't until I get drying/curing down a little better I'm gonna flush with water.

flush away.

i gotta say i completely disagree with THG (and am kinda baffled that she thinks that after growing so long, honestly)

i don't know why she would tell a newer grower to feed untill the end though. even if she does believe that.. there is much more problems that could arise there than if you flush (or "starve") it IMO (like unsmokeable black ash crap for one ;) )
how can she be sure you would cure/dry it "properly" (i must not even do that myself, cause i always noticed it ;) )

LOL--I am not the only one here who does not do a flush the last 2 weeks. I give a final feeding about 2 weeks before anticipated harvest and top up with pH's water if needed. I am sure some of the others will chime in here.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I am not the only one here who does not do a flush the last 2 weeks. I give a final feeding about 2 weeks before anticipated harvest and top up with pH's water if needed. I am sure some of the others will chime in here.

uhh... thats what i'm doing....?

no more nutrients, just ph adjusted water.

The Hemp Goddess said:

im with you, i dont flush but last 2 weeks or so i dont feed anything, maybe thats what alot to be considered flushing even though its really not.

Well that's your opinion. Everyone has a different way of saying things, and technically, it is flushing to just water instead of fully feeding if the result you're after is to make sure there are no nutrients left over in the plant.

besides that, I'm doing the same thing you're talking about anyway

Puffin--thanks! Nice to see that is still around.

Starving them doesn't make much sense. I always flush with water.

you started using the word flushing THG. then forgot or changed it's meaning, i dunno.
so i used the same wording. (figured if we start using all diffrerent wording for the same thing, we're just more likely to screw the newer grower up.)
we all knew what we meant (well, at first)
then you changed the script.

i still don't know why you said;
I defy ANYONE to tell the difference between a plant that was flushed the last 2 weeks (starved) and a plant that was fed up until harvest after a proper dry and cure

but then you change the wording and say you do stop adding nutes 2 weeks before harvest (little different than feed til harvest)
which is exactly what we were talking about (granted using wrong wording, but you started with the wording so i assumed you knew what we all meant)

sorry, but i felt the need to chime in, cause how i read that first post.. you were basically telling him to keep topping up your rez with nutes til you harvest.

it's all a mute point though. partybro got what we were saying (props to him, cause it must've been confusing as hell when others start joining in and people start changing what they mean)

Latest posts

Back