My First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD466US

Reaction score
This is my first real grow and thanks to alot of the info on this site I think it is turning out to be real success so far.I started her from some skunky smelling bag seed that my college bound daughter ( shes a jr at a major university) had turned me on to.I had started her germinating in early May and then put her outdoors. About 10 days ago I started her on a 12/12 light cycle by bring her in the house. Since she is starting to flower I have begun using some of the Fox Farms Big Bloom. I had also taken and tied her over a while back and she has responded real well to that, starting to get nice and bushy. If there is anything else I need to do to help her out please feel free to offer any opinions.
Thanks,
JD

looks good! tell us a bit about you room? size, light type and watts? pics of room? good luck with the grow and keep us posted

Whats up JD466US. May i say your lady is looking great. What do you do bring her outside during the day for 12 hours and back inside into the dark for 12 hours? Whatever it is your doing keep it up because she looks great.

Yep, thats exactly what I do. Every day at 5:30 am she goes out to a nice sunny spot on the deck and then when I get home she comes in at 5:30 pm. I have a spare bathroom with no windows and thats where I put her at night. I do have a question though about the Fox Farms Big Bloom. Do I use it now with every watering? Or should I alternate like every other watering?

JD466US said:
Yep, thats exactly what I do. Every day at 5:30 am she goes out to a nice sunny spot on the deck and then when I get home she comes in at 5:30 pm. I have a spare bathroom with no windows and thats where I put her at night. I do have a question though about the Fox Farms Big Bloom. Do I use it now with every watering? Or should I alternate like every other watering?
I myself use it every other watering but some may say use it every watering. I also don't use full strength for fear of nute burn. It says to use 4 tlb per gallon of water i start out with 1/4 tsp per gallon and move up from there.

sorry...i was under the assumption that you vegged outside then moved her into a room with a light on 12/12...my bad!

That is a great lookin plant man.
If I were you. forget the indoor thing. Just leave it outside and let mother nature do its thing. You'll be much happier. Mother natures giant Halide in the sky will do what you need her too.IMHO but I'll PM Hick to make sure I didn't foul ya up. Just don't want her to re-veg on ya.
(calling hick: hope I gave the right advice.)
I would say start looking at the trichomes (little crystals) about end of Sept. Here is two charts for ya. ;)

When-To-Harvest-2.jpg

50-50%20Trichrome-Head%20and%20Body%20High.jpg

Will the deck have any ambient light?..from a window or sliding door?..Porch light that might get turned on during the dark period?..Street light?
You don't want to deal with any of those.

I'm not sure where your daylight hours are in NC, but would assume around 14 hrs?..10 days into flower..though somewhat strain dependant, I would think she would be okay OD to finish, no revegging issues. Days are quickly getting shorter.

Yes there are light issues since we use the deck at night, its kind of like our get away can't be seen by neighbors, its our party spot if you will, nice and private.And since the bathroom is 8 ft. from the back door its very easy to put her in there at night and plus it has no windows and I can lock it. Momma (wife) complains since she now has to use the one of the others but hell its good exercise walking up a flight of stairs.Also what kind of time frame am I looking at as far as harvest time doing it this way?
Thanks,
JD

JD466US said:
Yes there are light issues since we use the deck at night, its kind of like our get away can't be seen by neighbors, its our party spot if you will, nice and private.And since the bathroom is 8 ft. from the back door its very easy to put her in there at night and plus it has no windows and I can lock it. Momma (wife) complains since she now has to use the one of the others but hell its good exercise walking up a flight of stairs.Also what kind of time frame am I looking at as far as harvest time doing it this way?
Thanks,
JD

The deck is dfinately out for flowering.
8-10 weeks of strict 12's usually finds maturity.

Latest posts

Back