My first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stomato stay open in low humidity if the temps are right, check out a VPD chart for more info
Temps have to be really pretty low for that. I actually looked the VPD chart up at your suggestion(a good one btw). Cannabis likes to grow from 70-mid 80’s f(in general). For the VPD to be in a good range at 35-40% humidity, you want temps in the really low 60’s. That will give you nutrient uptake issues. Throwing a humidifier in a room is a pretty easy fix. My plants didn’t like the low humidity. In flower, lower rh is what you want so you avoid mold and powdery mildew. Your plants look really nice though tokey so buzzkillz may want to follow your lead. I was just telling him how I go about it.

Attachments

• 7A41A7FA-D091-4826-B362-74A573DD5ABE.jpeg
    7A41A7FA-D091-4826-B362-74A573DD5ABE.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 118
so heres an update on my grow.

these two are at 12 days, looking good i guess, ive checked out pics of other plants at the same age and seems do look similar.

20190123_104413.jpg
20190123_104417.jpg

Last edited:
now these two i started the 14th so they are 9 days? i think they got stressed a bit i think they should be bigger. the temps range from 70-80 and humidity just over 50-61, the pics just dont show it as it lowers as soon as i open my tent. can someone tell me what i did wrong with the 2 small ones. i been just watering with no nutes as i am using fox farm ocean.

20190123_104353.jpg
20190123_104422.jpg
20190123_104426.jpg

are those starting to burn due to the soil being so strong? current temps 77 degrees and 65% humidity

Last edited:
Now you say the temps lower as soon as you open your tent, How low are your lights out temperatures getting? looks to be early signs of toxicity but too big of a temp jump between your on off hours is gna hurt big time

my temt is in my closet and draws from my room, when i open the tent it doesnt drop more then 10 degrees. i try to keep my room at 68-70F and 35% humidity,
if i keep it around there my tent stays 77-80 and around 50 humidity.

i flushed both plants with about 2 solo cups each, when i transplanted them, could that have done it? i think i over watered a bit after looking around on these forums, they didnt grow at all for a day, but now they are getting back to it ill post a picture in a little bit

update on my grow, 2 are 24 days the other is 20 days. i had them all tied down to let the light hit the lower bud spots but untied them to let them just grow for a couple or should i keep training? i keep the temps 70-80- and humidity from 50-60%, on the 30th i gave them 1/2 dose of all that was recommended of the general organics line. i watered them again late friday with 1/4 dose of bio-root and cal-mag. when i feed them in a day or 2 should i be ok to give them another 1/2 dose of all they recommend?
20190204_170951.jpg
20190204_171007.jpg
20190204_171015.jpg
20190204_171019.jpg
20190204_171024.jpg

I used to use ocean Forrest as well when I started to grow, because you didn't need to feed for at least a month. With that being said I also feel that there are bugs in the soil. I would use roots if your going soil.It took me a few months and a few plants to get my grow down. I agree organic is the way to go. You don't need soil that have nutes if your going to feed on a regular basis.
Do you have any updates or pics you can share?

they are at 5 weeks now, i ph watered twice, now i will slowly give some nutes, i think it calls for bio bud, blooom and there one thats optional, should i keep giving 24 hour light untill harvest? im regretting choosing autos for my first grow. i should have done a photosfirst to learn what the hell im doing lol. ah well im learning alot and the next run will be way better. growing weed is addicting

20190214_200756.jpg 20190214_200758.jpg 20190214_200801.jpg 20190214_200803.jpg

Last edited:
i have not grown autos. i'd let them grow a bit more though with veg nutes maybe. they just look like they should get a bit bigger to me. not sure though how quickly an auto will flower...

says it flower 8-9 weeks from seed, so i got a few weeks still i hope.

so i would continue feeding it veg nutes until you start to see some pistils.

there are little hairs forming off base of branches is this what you mean?

20190215_180128.jpg

The pistils will be coming out of the tops of the leaf clusters at the end of a branch. I think the general organics nutes have a transition week in their feeding schedule. I’d use that when you see pistils. Then the next feeding go with the bloom nutes. As I said, I’ve not grown autos so I am not familiar with them. Just telling you how I would go about it.

the 25th (23 days ago) is when they got transplanted in the 3 gallon pots with fox farm, do you think i should only give 1/4 dose so i dont burn them again?

I’ve never used fox farm but have read it can be hot(have nutes in it). They look pretty healthy. I’d keep feeding them like you have been with the veg/grow nutes. I think it is bio grow, bio root, bio weed, bio marine and cal mag. Then in flower it is just the bio bloom, bio bud cal mag and bio marine. I think the bio marine is optional like the black gold or whatever it is called.

Geez. Get yourself some good soil and basic amendments Bat quano, worm castings and go to town. Youse guys just make this waaaaaaaayyyy to hard. My last grow produced oover 20 oz. dried of primo bud, no ph-ing required.

Geez. Get yourself some good soil and basic amendments Bat quano, worm castings and go to town. Youse guys just make this waaaaaaaayyyy to hard. My last grow produced oover 20 oz. dried of primo bud, no ph-ing required.
Now I’m gonna hafta study up on growing organically using just amendments. The whole bubbling the tea sounds like a pain though. Or do you just mix the bat guano, worm castings and such straight into the soil?

Latest posts

Back