my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sir-tokes-alot

Reaction score
3rd week of flower, 400wt HPS using foxfarms feed, 7 plants in 2x5 closet. got 3 plants look the same and doing the best 4 ft tall, got 2 similer but only 2 ft tall, then i got 2 thats lil over 4 ft tall, pale and not budding as good and idk why, yes seed from bags and no idea what thay are, any body got any ideas???
3rd w godzilla1-2.jpg
3rd w godzilla2-2.jpg
3rd w gozilla3-2.jpg
3rd w lil bit2-2.jpg
3rd w fluffdragon2-2.jpg
3rd w fluffdragon1-2.jpg

Attachments

• 3rd w lil bit1-2.jpg
    3rd w lil bit1-2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
any body got any ideas why plants in last 2 pics ant budding as good as the otheres????

Sorry no one has replied, your plant has bugs and nutrition issues. Please take pictures without the light on so we can see the color. If you don't have an eye loupe, get one a 60 x power is what i use. After you identify your issues we can help. Good luck. There is no way for us to know a strain by looking.

Sorry no one has replied, your plant has bugs and nutrition issues. Please take pictures without the light on so we can see the color. If you don't have an eye loupe, get one a 60 x power is what i use. After you identify your issues we can help. Good luck. There is no way for us to know a strain by looking.
delt with the bugs with a light dusting of 7 dust and neem oil. got them back healthy with ph adjustment, but think might be little root bound to just got my x60 today and love it waiting on a milwaukee ph to arive as ive read the cheap dirt prob one i have ant worth useing ! we in 5th week of flower now and trichromes abound!! know my yeld gonna suffer from the bug an ph stress thay had but im sure what i do end up with gonna be good!! ive learnd so much and know theres so much more to learn, soon as these are done got some room reworking to do and going to get some good seeds of known genetics for next round, thanks for replying! makes me not feel as alone on here!! ill get some pics without grow light on soon,heres one from 2 weeks ago...
20190731_192525.jpg

my biggest, best plant, got 2 more just like it just lil smaller but catching up....

Attachments

• 8-6-7.jpg
    8-6-7.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 87
  • 8-6-2.jpg
    8-6-2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 8-6-1.jpg
    8-6-1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 8-6-4.jpg
    8-6-4.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 8-6-5.jpg
    8-6-5.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 77
  • 8-6-6.jpg
    8-6-6.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 83
my smallest plant but seems to be doing well...

Attachments

• 8-6-9.jpg
    8-6-9.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 8-6-8.jpg
    8-6-8.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 47
long tall no budding...got 2 of these other not no better!

Attachments

• 8-6-10.jpg
    8-6-10.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 8-6-11.jpg
    8-6-11.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 8-6-12.jpg
    8-6-12.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 44
Sevin powder and NEEM oil?
On plants in bud?
Not a great idea, in my opinion.
Where's that powder going to go? Yup, into your buds.
Neem oil MAY be linked to CHS, so that's not a great idea either.
I would use a capsicum and water with a little Dawn dish soap to bind it for your bugs it's a lot better than that Sevin crap, especially indoors.
Despite doing just about everything wrong from what I see you're actually going to get some bud out of it, but I would seriously make an effort to wash that powder off, I don't think you really want to smoke that crap.

Sevin powder and NEEM oil?
On plants in bud?
Not a great idea, in my opinion.
Where's that powder going to go? Yup, into your buds.
Neem oil MAY be linked to CHS, so that's not a great idea either.
I would use a capsicum and water with a little Dawn dish soap to bind it for your bugs it's a lot better than that Sevin crap, especially indoors.
Despite doing just about everything wrong from what I see you're actually going to get some bud out of it, but I would seriously make an effort to wash that powder off, I don't think you really want to smoke that crap.
wont near as much bud on them when i put 7 dust on the dirt around the base of plants and tried to only spray the neem oil on the fan leaves,and have sense sprayed leaves down with water. no body seemd to wanta respond to my post so i used the search on here and 7 dust and neem was whats most recommended from what i found, got way more time studying here than i do gardening!

got my milwaukee ph metter yesterday, soaked it per instructions and calibrated it, checked my water, 5.2 so just to see,..put cheap ground prob meter in water an reading lil above 7!!! thats 2 points or more off!! im sure my plants will do better now with proper ph!!

turns out thay wanting more water than ive been giving them! going up on water lil bit each watering till i get some run out the bottom!! bet that help alot to...

I really think you have more problems than just bugs. First, 7 plants is really too many for 10 sq ft of space. More plants do not mean more bud. In fact, if you try and squeeze too many plants into too small a space, it usually results in less bud.

I also think you have nutrients problems. What Fox Farm products are you feeding them and how much how often? I have some questions about the accuracy of your pH meter. I am a master plumber and I have never seen water that is naturally 5.2. Water that acidic would tend to just eat through copper piping.

While we cannot tell you strain, we can tell you that the tall ones with the skinny leaves are sativa dominant. They generally start budding later than indicas and take longer. They can take 12-14 weeks to finish.

Pleasse, please, please do not spray any more poisons on your plants! And keep a very vigilant eye out for hermies. I would be for checking the plants very well a couple of times a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
just got a new ph meter, a miwaukee 600 that seems to be favored here! and yes 5.2 to 5.4 is what my water is ph'ing at, well water and yes ive had to replace my pipes several times over the years for erosion, copper lasted 9 years, pec bout 5 years and it ate up the brass fittings, trying pvc now see how long it last! i started these plants out side and moved them inside when thay showed sex n started budding and figure i moved the bugs in with them, treated one time then and ant seen no more leafs ate off of!! im using the hole foxfarms line and pretty much following there schedule. plants are not topped and in 3 1/2 gallon pots. as far as strains i know cant tell other than ether indica domante or sativa domante. as skinny as thay are room ant a issue now but i do rotate them weekly and spin them every other day and got boxes under the short ones to raise them up to same level as the taller ones! already got a list of things not to do next go round, only did this bag seed grow to test grow room out and for what i can learn, next round will be with good seeds. thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience! with corrected ph and proper amount of water thay looking lot healthier and buds getting big enuff by the day to notice! starting week 6 in flower today!

Last edited:
I am so sorry you used Neem oil. Your buds will probably taste very bad. In my opinion Neem oil is not the greatest. I used it many years ago and never had luck with it.

When you have crowded plants you are have a higher chance for fungus damage. Yellow Leaf Spot and Powdery Mildew for example.

With your PH around 5 it could be the roots are not absorbing the nutes you give them. Good cannabis nutrients given with the right amounts will help that.

The leaves on these plants look a little droopy. over or under watering can so this. Plastic pots can be hard to tell if they need water and sometimes do not drain too well. I am not sure what kind of pots you have. I use fabric pots like these.

https://www.amazon.com/247Garden-5-...85&qid=1565819999&s=gateway&tag=bestcont06-20
https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-HG...nt+saucer&qid=1565820747&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-3

Don't get discouraged. I think you are doing a great job on your first grow. My first grow was not as good as yours. :)

I wish you all the best with this grow and your future grows.

starting 8th week in flower, not much to add last couple weeks,..it been growing,but nothing spectacular! trech's starting to cloud up on part of them but im waiting on some amber for i change up my routine!

patience is killing me!!!!! half way threw 8th week of flower and as much as i tried to kill them thay still alive and doing well considering many attempted murders!! thay got trechs all over them and a few getting right cloudy but no amber yet....
1a.jpg
2a.jpg
3a.jpg
4a.jpg

Looks great . I don’t know what I do wrong but my plants aren’t even close to looking like that at 8 weeks

Attachments

• F9C6EDFB-5E79-4FAE-92FB-6AA939945715.jpeg
    F9C6EDFB-5E79-4FAE-92FB-6AA939945715.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back