My First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Shiloh

Don't laugh too hard!

20210616_182129.jpg

Both from Crop King seeds. One on left was a smaller seed but I think it will catch up. White Widow Autos. Looking out to my front yard. Used to be filled with old oaks, downed by Hurricanes Charlie, Frances and Jean back to back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this weird? I handle my plants. One rule of growing anything is that plants respond to stress. A few times a day, I brush my plamts with my hands from the bottom up in a caress.

Is this weird? I handle my plants. One rule of growing anything is that plants respond to stress. A few times a day, I brush my plamts with my hands from the bottom up in a caress.
Not weird, I do It too, I also talk to them, that´s not weird either.
If they talk back, that´s weird.
IMG_0513.JPG

I usually bring them in during a rainstorm. Just now one kicked up and I decided to leave them out. Wish me well.

It's not rain I am concerned about, since I have determined my plants like my rainwater. We are getting almost daily wild and windy thunderstorms.

I will have to re-pot. I'm not too concerned as I have done my homework on re-potting autos. I have work worn hands that are surprisingly delicate when I need them to be.

Because my plants obviously like the thick terra cotta pots, I am going to find a couple of bigger ones in my shed. The terra cotta has marvelous wicking and breathable properties.

Big sis and little sis. They are not yet root bound. Should I go ahead ahead and move them up now?

20210627_150708(0).jpg

I´d pot them up.
I grow my autos in cheap blue plastic buckets, but now you´ve made me think about it, terracotta pots would look so much better, and work better too.

IMG_0520.JPG

Tomorrow we will be testing these, and two other autos. I´ll have a fox´s breakfast, a friend from up the mountain will come down at bantamfart, and we´ll be off down the garden to divert the mountain spring water into the terraces and round the fruit trees. We´ll have to repair the depredations of the wild boar, who leave the place looking like an earthmover´s convention ended badly, and reinstate the delicately sloping channels which serve each tree. It will be hot by now.

Back to the house for coffee and a smoke, then more work round the garden until the thirst overcomes us, and we drink Guinness in the shade and continue the testing. I´ve labeled all the different jars of weed, we have skins, pipes and vaporisers -- what could possibly go wrong ?

I´d pot them up.
I grow my autos in cheap blue plastic buckets, but now you´ve made me think about it, terracotta pots would look so much better, and work better too.

View attachment 274524

Tomorrow we will be testing these, and two other autos. I´ll have a fox´s breakfast, a friend from up the mountain will come down at bantamfart, and we´ll be off down the garden to divert the mountain spring water into the terraces and round the fruit trees. We´ll have to repair the depredations of the wild boar, who leave the place looking like an earthmover´s convention ended badly, and reinstate the delicately sloping channels which serve each tree. It will be hot by now.

Back to the house for coffee and a smoke, then more work round the garden until the thirst overcomes us, and we drink Guinness in the shade and continue the testing. I´ve labeled all the different jars of weed, we have skins, pipes and vaporisers -- what could possibly go wrong ?
A pot tasting throughout the day, that sounds like fun, but skip the hard work.

Just a little concerned. Plants look good, but our rains have been almost 'round the clock for several days. I let them get some rain, then bring them in under a fan to dry out. Still in natural light only in windows.

Same here. Not to worry. If plants died after heavy rain, there would be no life on earth.

The larger the Pot the higher the yield
I am going from 2 gals to 10 soon

Was a little while ago someone suggested rainwater might not have the ideal pH. Awww... come on, I think plants have kind of got used to rainwater, before people came along, even!

Latest posts

Back