my first haze grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
This is my first time growing any strain that is sativa dominant. I have Purple Haze, Blue dream Haze, and a critical Jack Herer. They were popped about a week ago and just transplanted to 1gallon grow pots today. varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpcd0b1h.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpGX3jjV.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpkpz4tx.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpYS8wh7.jpg
The biggest one is a cheese auto. He just happens to be in the same container as the others. Thanks for looking.

It looks like those two in the front are lacking something...

What kind of light(s) do you have them under? what are you feeding them, how much are you feeding them? are you testing your nutrient solution for PH?

The big one looks like it's pretty healthy but a bit more info on your grow would be nice!

Green Mojo! and good luck!

Yeah sorry about that, its my first journal. I started them in some cheap organic soil from a local hardware store because I am a long ways to a grow shop. I finally made it to get some soil and transplanted them into Happy Frog soil and put them under a 4' 8bulb t5 light. I am thinking of switching back to FFOF mixed with Light Warrior because the HF soil seems to get very compacted by the end of my grow. I grow all organic but I still checked the ph and it was 6.7. I use Earth Juice products for nutes, and also use molasses mixed in at 1T per gallon of water. Oh yeah my veg room is 3x5 and I run an exhaust fan in the top of the room with a hole cut in the bottom of the wall to bring in fresh air. I also use a fan blowing air around the room at all times. Am I missing anything?

Well, constant watering is going to cause the soil to compact itself but it's nothing the roots can't handle, there will always be the same amount of soil in your pot as you put in it originally so long as the runoff isn't carrying piles out. You can always sprinkle in more soil if it looks like it's getting low and as you water it will settle in and mix into the top layers.

You'll want to lower your ph a little bit to start out with a couple of points, especially if your soil has anything mixed into it already. Bring it down to about 6.4-6.5 and try that. Also what is your water source? Has it been tested for ppm?

If you are feeding them the recommended dosage of nutrients the chances are your ph may be what's affecting those few plants.

I'm not sure the lumen output of that T5 light setup since i've never used those lights to grow before. but for 15 sf you need about 50,000 lumens to veg, and 75,000 to flower.

What are your temperatures running at also?

If you are truly all organic and hve a healthy micro herd in your soil then ph is not very important, within reason of course. If you are worrying about the soil getting to compact you can always add some perlite to it. They sell it at Lowes and Agent Orange near me. HO T5 bulbs put out 5000 lumen a bulb I believe.

So if that's the case he may be coming in a little shy of light requirements.

PartyBro420 said:
So if that's the case he may be coming in a little shy of light requirements.

Yeah he probably is....the good thing with HO T5's is being a lil short lumen wise in veg isn't a big deal so long as you keep the plants semi compact. If you let them stretch too much the T5's just don't hve great penetration power to veg well. I veg in a 2x4 space and shld hve 24,000 lumens total but hve been using a 4 foot 4 bulb HO T5 setup that only puts out 20,000 lumens. I hve had no problems whatsoever though. Jmo

I forgot to mention that these plants just went into my veg room. I didn't have room for them the first week. The temps are running about 80-86 during the day and 75-80 at night. I have been vegging with the t5 for a few grows now and have had no problems. I veg for 6-7 weeks and end up with short bushy plants which is what I like. How much will these haze strains stretch? Do they like being topped? Think I remember reading somewhere that they don't like to be topped. Thanks for the helpful tips everyone.

Here is an update, pics were taken yesterday.varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp9K86AH.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpBQtj1e.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpN9ZQae.jpg
First pic is the Purple Haze, second is Blue dream Haze, and the last is Critical Jack Herer. I have been giving them just water no nutes yet. They are starting to look a bit healthier now that they are in good soil.

Here is some updated pics of my girls. I just transplanted them into 5 gal smart pots where they will stay for the duration. I put them into FFOF soil. I have been feeding them on the EJ schedule that was posted by Jmansweed in his nute study. I feed them once a week, but until they were transplanted to the 5 gal smart pots I was watering every day. They seem to be growing slow but I think it might have something to do with heat issues I am having. It has been so hot around here lately that my veg room has been getting up to 92 during the day and staying in the high 80's at night. The first pic is my Critical jack then the Purple Haze and finally the last two are the Blue Dream Haze. varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpIx1Z2E.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpem2B8l.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpirkFvo.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpFXXRIO.jpg

i think we all have been dealing with heat all across the US this summer , those look good considering heat issues good colors anyway im gona pull up the milk crate an watch from here green mojo to ya

Here is an update of the ladies. First two is the BDH and the next two are of the PH on right side and CJH on the left side. They are between 5-6 weeks old. How much stretch should I expect with these strains? I am thinking of flipping them in a week or two. Thanks for stopping by.varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpqWWtK6.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpPTtBzP.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpHEv3Kg.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpKLITGQ.jpg

Here is a couple pics of my plants. I put them into the bud room two weeks ago. First pic is Blue Dream Haze, next is Purple Haze, and last is Critical Jack Herer. varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpmV4r4a.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpdxjGSs.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpmUdgiV.jpg

Thanks brim! Can't wait to see if they are actually going to turn purple or blue, its my first time with any purple strain.

Thanks THG. Truthfully the BDH was two weeks and two days, and the other two were two weeks exactly when the pics were taken.(wouldn't want folks thinking that i'd lie)lol

Here is an update on my ladies. The plant on the right is the BDH and the CJH is on the right. Pic 2 is the BDH cola and pic 3 is CJH cola. Pic 4 is the PH and pic 5 is the PH cola. The BDH is loaded with buds and even though its only at day 37 of the flip. They are all doing great. Thanks for looking.varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp47pjAm.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp4iVRhc.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpm8S9Z8.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpnSdvOm.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpf6DN6m.jpg

Looking great. Our girls are about the same age- but I've got mostly indica.
Awesome pics.

Latest posts

Back