My First Indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking like a good start there 88. Personally have never grown any autos, but I swear I read you shouldnt transplant them. To plant them in their final pot. Might want to look into that. Green mojo

That's a 4 gallon pot....

As a point of interest for those that do not know. A 4 gal nursery pot is not 4 gallons. This a weird thing about nursery pots that I have never figured out--they are not as big as they say they are. For instance a 1 gal nursery pot will hold about .66 gal of soil. A 5 gal nursery container will hold just under 4 gal. This is something to keep in mind when figuring out volume of your medium or how much of something to use in how much soil, etc. Your 4 gal nursery pot is probably a lot closer to 3 actual gallons than 4 gallons.

Thank you Rose.....hoping to see green from my clones now...
THG....thanks for the insight....I didn't know that....so my 3 gal pots are actually 2.5?

looking good, bud! quite the assortment.

As a point of interest for those that do not know. A 4 gal nursery pot is not 4 gallons. This a weird thing about nursery pots that I have never figured out--they are not as big as they say they are. For instance a 1 gal nursery pot will hold about .66 gal of soil. A 5 gal nursery container will hold just under 4 gal. This is something to keep in mind when figuring out volume of your medium or how much of something to use in how much soil, etc. Your 4 gal nursery pot is probably a lot closer to 3 actual gallons than 4 gallons.
I asked the local nursery about that a while back...its a measure of total volume if you were to pack the soil in completely hard. Not sure if that was factual but At least thats the explaination that made the most sense.

Latest posts

Back