My First Indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud88

Reaction score
Hey guys...everything is happing faster than I planned... My outdoor plants are ready and I had planned on having all my ducks in a row before starting the indoor grow..All that changed when I was gifted with 7 clones....3 Girl Scout Cookies, and two each Strawberry Cough and Chem Dog....
Luckily I had my veg tent ready to go...
4 x 4 tent using a Hydrofarm EnviroGro T5 4' 8 bulb.....6500K 54w .....
I have a oscillating tower fan inside the tent at the moment and will be ordering an inline fan for it soon....
So, the source for the clones was less than stellar and there were 3 of them that were looking pretty bad the day I received them.
Ended up losing one GSC and one CD .....I may lose the second CD but am hoping that the transplanting into 1 gallon pots will save her.
I had planted a Afghan Kush Auto seed prior to the clone situation and wouldnt ya know she popped her head out of the soil on the 25th...
So I have 2 GSC, 2 SC, 1 CD and the AK seeding under my T5's .

The clones were in rock wool and I transplanted into Smart Pot transplanter pots using FF Happy Frog/Coco 1:1 with 25% perlite. The seedling is in unfertilized organic peat based potting soil....which will be transplanted into the same as the clones when ready.....
Let the grow begin.....:48:

PS: pic was taken before I had transplanted the Chem Dog clone....she isnt looking good but I have my fingers crossed!!!

The way the clones were in the rock wool made it so I couldnt bury them in the soil....I need them to grow a bit and then I will add more to fill the pots....

View attachment indoor1.jpg

Green grow Mojo my friend :)

I'm sure I'll be needing your knowledge for this one also my friend!!

Seeing new growth on all 4 clones, Oh yeah.....the Chem Dawg didnt make it....
I decided to plant a Blueberry OG fem seed in place of the lost clone....X fingers that she sprouts....

I mixed up a "tea" of Espoma Bio Tone and molasses tonight and I have the air stone in the gallon jug. Going to start feeding the clones next watering....:)

:48:

Update...last night at midnight I had the tallest plant 2" from the bulbs....today at 2pm two of the girls were mashed against the bulbs.....MJ is has amazing energy...:)......

View attachment 18days.jpg

that is fast growth. looking very nice, bud.

That has happenned to me, now I raise the light a bit before I go to sleep.

That has happenned to me, now I raise the light a bit before I go to sleep.

Done....lol.....I also did a bit of LST and have them tied down to the edge of the smart pots...I am pretty sure that I will SCROG these..

Update on things....
The transplanting of the AK auto did the trick...I didnt think it was going to make it but now its looking great..So is the Blueberry OG seedling...they both got their first small feeding..1/4 dose of Botanicare Pure Blend Grow...
The clones are also doing really well....getting nice and bushy...:)
Trying to decide if I am going to go with two 600w HPS or one 1000w in the 5 x 5 tent for flowering? If I go with the 600's I may need to run the plants under just one 600 for the first 1-3 weeks of flowering due to finances....

View attachment week3.jpg

View attachment week3a.jpg

Plants look good Bud, they should be happy whichever lights you decide to use. Blueberry OG sounds good.

Plants look good Bud, they should be happy whichever lights you decide to use. Blueberry OG sounds good.

Thanks MR! Really looking forward to seeing the Blueberry OG take off when I transplant into a one gallon smart pot transplanter with the amended soil mix.
If she takes off I may prop her up and let her get into the SCROG with my clones...lol...If not there should be room under the two 600's...
:48:

you are going to have a butt load of smoke in a few months, bud...

Two 600's will definitely out perform a single 1000W. I know a single 600W HPS will technically cover a 4x4 space(Although I found it to be lacking in my experience). But a single 600W won't cut it in a 5x5 space.

Looking good though.

Put those smaller plants on something to raise them up. If you keep them that much further away from the light than the larger plants, things will just compound--the larger plants will get larger and the small plants will be stay small. It is important to keep your canopy even and try to allow all the plants to get the same amount of light.

I don't really think that you are going to want to scrog this time--you have different strains there that will grow at differing rates and have differing harvest periods. Also, you have to start scrogging in veg and I don't know what you would do with your autos. You might just want to do a little LST this time around.

you are going to have a butt load of smoke in a few months, bud...

I sure hope so!!! :48:

HL.......Im hoping that I can get a good enough deal to get both at the same time.....If not I might be able to keep vegging a little longer depending on how tall they get....

THG......I have been doing a little LST on the 4 clones...I was planning on SCROG on those 4....With hope that there is enough room in the 5 x 5 to put the other two along side?....If not then I will just continue LST on them..
The auto was a freebie and I didnt think it was going to make it but its doing well now I just transplanted into a 4 gallon pot for the rest of her life...I have it propped closer to the T5 with a milk crate. I plan on transplanting the BB OG on Wednesday....
I will take some new pics then......
Thanks to everyone for your advice!!!

So many ideas.....so little $$..Just going to take some time......:aok:

Update....Blueberry OG transplanted into a 1 gallon smart transplanter...HF/Coco/perlite mix with Espoma Garden Lime, Bio Tone, and Plant Tone....
I did a little more LST on the clones, and fimmed the AK.

View attachment 102214.jpg

looks like they are coming along nicely, bud

Thanks Of8 and Rose. I'm still trying to get used to the close space....After all I had the entire deck my first go round...lol...
I really need to build a table for the veg tent so that I am not doing everything bent over....Sure the generator box:confused2: was convenient at the time but its not at a good height. My lower back has been telling me so.

I think I will get my brother(cabinet maker) to make me a table so that my pots are sitting mid tent and then have a shelf below that I can have seedlings and clones. I can mount the small T5 I have under the table top...otherwise there is a ton of wasted space height wise. Tent is 80" tall.

Latest posts

Back