My First Journal: THE MOMINATOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update...

the first of 4 showed sex when i checked on them today, and its a male :-((((

sad day for me, but i have hope still for the other 3

male.jpg

its a girl!!!!!!!!!! pics coming soon...2 down, 2 to go :)

female001.jpg

female002.jpg

edit: after an extensive exam, looks like i got my final results. 1-male, 3-female :)

ShOrTbUs said:
hello all, this will be my first, and hopefully not my last journal. lets get right into it...

i'm currently running a DWC system, under CFL lights, with AN JJ GMB nutrients. the plants are from bagseed, and are currently in their 4th week of veg.

THE PLAN:

i'm going to veg for a total of 6wks. sex them, then flip em to 12/12(if any end up being female of course). now while those girls are flowering. i'll be tending to 2 new clones. compliments of my girlfriends uncle, Northern Lights & purple kush. they will both recieve LST & topping of course. after about 4 weeks of training i will be attempting a new technique i've never tried before. "grafting" i'll be using this technique to attempt to create the ultimate mother plant!

what is grafting - grafting is when you cut a clone from a strain of plant and attach it to another strain, essentially creating 2 plants in 1, or 3 in 1, or 4 in 1... u get the picture

so stick around, at the very least it should be quite entertaining. :icon_smile:

pictures of weeks 1-3 right here http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61090

heres one at 28days

:ciao: Best of luck with your grow... I been wanting to graft my 3 Keppers onto one mom. to save space.. grafting MJ is pretty easy plant as many of plants you want to graft in one pot, lightly poke stem with needle (scar) stem where stem is going to contact other stem... add your fav rooting solution bend so stems touch , and tape. you can use peat moss and tinfoil , but tape works just fine.. clear strapping tape would work well cause you could see whats goin on under the tape.. only down side i can see to grafting is it takes a long time to graft 8- 12 weeks are needed to finish the graft.. in the 70s they tryed grafting Cannabis with Hops.. Pluses to grafted MJ is super moms being able to keep more strains in a small space..

Pulls up chair

Aloha
Squidy

today marks the beginning of week 3(14 days) of flowering just thought i'd update

...this one is flowering the fastest, so ima show her off today

week.3.flowering.005.jpg

today i begin week 4 of flowering (21 days)

couple pics this time, they're doing really nice so far

21.days.flower.001.jpg

21.days.flower.002.jpg

21.days.flower.003.jpg

lol i know, for a while at the beginning it was really exciting. then i just kinda fell into a routine...but flowering has got me visiting my room many times a day again :)

I never truly enjoyed herb till I tasted my first "successful" harvest and experienced true kind. You'll be very pleased and your lady is doin' fine. :48:

:peace:,

7ge:D

ladies i actually have 3. the one i keep taking pictures of looks to be about a week further along the the other 2...is this common? they're grown from seeds. could it be that it just reached sexual maturity faster and therefore began to flower faster?

yeah, when breeding strains, there'll be some genetic drift within like strain and yes, some will mature faster, yield different, have differing potency's/duration versus their "siblings" so to speak.

EDIT: WOOPS DIDN'T REalize you were using bagseed, yes, most definately differing strains will mature at different rates for sure especially mystery seed ...lol...sorry bud (remember to be extra diligent on checking for hermaphrodites w/ bagseed females), didn't catch that at first...:rofl:

update day: 28 days into flowering, and they're lookin great. did some late cloning and hoping for the best... pics will be up soon

and here they are

pic 1, 2, & 3 - she is the furthest along. you can even see the trich production now. i call her "early girl"(and yes i know there is a strain already named that, these are just nicknames im using). it sounds so much better then #1,2,&3 :)

pic 4 - "the runt" slowest to progress, but picking up speed. still expecting big things from her

pic 5 - "big momma" since seedlings she has towered over everyone else. she's almost 2 1/2 ft tall now. and thanks to some early LST & topping, she is gonna finish with what looks like 5 or 6 really good tops. still she's not quite as far along as early girl, but she is filling out nicely though. sadly no trich production yet to be seen.

pic - 6 is a quick photo i just took of my lil cabinet set-up i did today for the newly cut clones

6 clones from big momma
2 clones from early girl (she didn't have much to spare without cutting off some really nice looking tops)

28.days.flower.2.jpg

28.days.flower.4.jpg

28.days.flower.10.jpg

:aok: some greeneyes greenmojo to your next generation of babies...:)

What sorta rooting hormone and medium you use bud? I use BlackGold or MG seed starter.

:peace:

7ge:)

rapid rooters > rockwool > hydroton...i used roottech rooting gel

...i just checked on the new cuttings, they look better then i thought they would. its been 3 days and not wilting. still stnding upright and strong. no deacy yet either. gave a few of the stems a gentle tug and even a not so gengle tug. i think they might have started rooting already. only time will tell

EDIT: thanks for the mojo, i need all i can get :rofl:

I see you got some girls cooking that's nice
I want to see what they turn out like
im growing some mexicans seed myself
I want to see the results
your early girl looks llike its gonna be potent with those early crystals
good luck GREEN MOJO your way:cool:

update time...

it was quite a week. no power for 36 hrs, due to a thunder/wind/electical storm over the weekend. big momma has got herself a moderate case of heat stress. the runt and early girl seemed to manage the heat pretty well. on the upside the clones i cut are doing very well. i'm 8 for 8 100% success rate yay! moved the 4 strongest into the veg box, with a very light nutrient feeding (250 ppm). so far no herms due to stress on the flowering pants, but gonna keep a very close eye on them for a week or 2. my stresss level has gone way down since i got my power back, so i guess all's well that ends well.

pic 1 - close up of early girl
pic 2 - a group shot, if you look closely you can see some fans leaves from big momma, and how stressed she is. (top left of photo)
pic 3 - pic of the clones before getting transplanted into the veg box. that 1 in the middle is bursting with roots after 7 days :).
pic 4 - the tree that took out my power lines lol

69 days, 35 days (flower) early girl.jpg

69 days, 35 days (flower) group shot.jpg

cloning 8 days eg,bm.jpg

aftermath.001.jpg

one more pic of the clones moved to veg box, adding 3 more lights today, and air stone/air pump. ugh gotta paint that box flat white as well...when i get the time

EDIT: almost forgot, soon as july promotion begins at attitude seeds, i'm picking up 10 maui waui, 5 fem'd northern light blue, and gettimg my free critical sensi star :) (fem'd)

7 days clones (2nd crop).jpg

THAT'll be quite the lineup, Critical Star sounds stelar :aok: for a freebie.

Latest posts

Back