My First Journal: THE MOMINATOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
hello all, this will be my first, and hopefully not my last journal. lets get right into it...

i'm currently running a DWC system, under CFL lights, with AN JJ GMB nutrients. the plants are from bagseed, and are currently in their 4th week of veg.

THE PLAN:

i'm going to veg for a total of 6wks. sex them, then flip em to 12/12(if any end up being female of course). now while those girls are flowering. i'll be tending to 2 new clones. compliments of my girlfriends uncle, Northern Lights & purple kush. they will both recieve LST & topping of course. after about 4 weeks of training i will be attempting a new technique i've never tried before. "grafting" i'll be using this technique to attempt to create the ultimate mother plant!

what is grafting - grafting is when you cut a clone from a strain of plant and attach it to another strain, essentially creating 2 plants in 1, or 3 in 1, or 4 in 1... u get the picture

so stick around, at the very least it should be quite entertaining. :icon_smile:

pictures of weeks 1-3 right here http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61090

heres one at 28days

4th.week.001.jpg

right on right on. Lets git' r done...Pullin up my special beanbag chair for this one if ya don't mine. My lil girl's only 4 daze above soil so gotta watch someone farther along for now.

Green mojo fer ya, bud :aok:

grafting is cool, my buddy has an apple tree with three different kinds of apples growing off of it...

:peace:,

7ge:)

looking good.
good luck on the grafting, looking forward to seeing that. i heard of someone grafting an auto to a long flowering sativa photo for quicker flowering with the hormonesof the auto(or trying atleast) never seen any though.
pullin up a chair

I believe Squidy knows a bit about grafting

Good luck and green mojo....grafting is pretty ambitious.

about to go change all my res water, you know the deal. end of week 4, heres a couple pics of my favorite girl

little update... since im starting my 5th week, and only vegging for 6 total weeks. i decided to change my timers from 18/6 to 16/8, and then to 14/10 for week 6. theyre already prone to herm so i figured i'd keep the stress to a absolute minimum

week.5.001.jpg

week.5.003.jpg

yeah i been thinking about grafting a mom and a dad to save space.. not to flower... would add to much time to a grow and unless you had plants that stretched the same your canopy would need lots of works.. plus it takes awhile to get a graft going 12 weeks is what i read.. i see pros and cons to grafting.. pros save space for moms and dads.. cons you need lots of time.. good luck..

Aloha
SquidyP

got my ppm meter and cloning gel today!!! lol. tested the water from my sink. is 62 ppm water coming straight out of the tap bad?

Thats not bad considering. I would just be cautious of what those ppm's are. Well water, or town?

town, chlorine i suspect

my best girl just loves the camera, decided to lift up her dress to show u what she's workin with :p

internodes 5 weeks.jpg

well, let it sit out for 24 hours and test again. Just my thoughts

tending my garden today, just noticed these...

male or female pre flowers?, gimme your take on them

female pre1.jpg

female pre2.jpg

A ppm of 62 is quite low. I wouldn't worry about using that water at all.

I think it is too early to tell sex from those pics.

Originally Posted by Hushpuppy
Without seeing them, its hard to say for sure but it sounds like the early feeding may have whacked them too hard and has burned the roots which is why they are not recovering.

I am using the same nutes and am very impressed with the results. I started out at seedling by measuring per liter(they have it as per 100ltr) so where it says 33ml/100L for seedlings, I cut that to 3.3ml/10L of water. I think you should start out at no more than 1ml/L for the first week of feeding(which should start no earlier than the end of the second week of life of the seedling) Then for the second & third week increase it to 2ml/L(2-2-1). Starting the 4th week, if they are growing vigorously you can increase it to 3-3-1 and stay with that until you are ready to flip them. When you flip them you can go to 4(micro)-3(gro)-3(bloom) for the 1st &2nd week of flower. Then for 3rd week go to 4(micro)-2(gro)-4(bloom). 4th week, 4(micro)-1(grow)-5(bloom) and stay with that till the last week. If you don't know this already make sure you add the micro first and mix it into the water before adding the bloom and grow

Also your PH is a little high at 6.1 in hydro. I would run it at 5.8 if possible, although I don't think that is causing the problem.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61092 <<< this is the thread that statement came from, jusst for reference purposes

ok so today started week 6 of veg(my last week of veg yay!!!) this was the first week i was able to put my ppm meter to some good use. i call this the transition to bloom phase cause week 1-4 was 18/6, week 5 was 16/8, and i just switched lighting to 14-10.

ok so i emptied the all the res, put in new water from tap(ppm 66). used this allocation 4(micro)-3(gro)-3(bloom) ml/L, the one hush recommended for first couple weeks of flowering...put in 10 L of water, added 40ml micro, 30ml grow, 30 ml bloom...and got a ppm of 1470. this seemed retardedly high, so i added 10 more liters of water and ppm went to 778. is the ppm of a dwc supposed to be that high? 1470 seemed way way way too high to me

and i ph'd to 5.5 ofc

edit: forgot i put 3ml per 4L of h2o2 b/c i noticed a very small amount of a white slimy substance on my air hose inside my res...would the h202 drive the ppm up that drastically?

update: week 7

moved photoperiod to 12/12 (officially in flower now)
my girls(hopefully) are looking healthy and happy. they still aren't showing sex. just a waiting game at this point...i'll post some photo's when the lights come back on

Yes, a ppm of 1470 is quite high. No, the H2O2 should not make much difference. I am not familiar with the nutes you are using, but believe that a ppm of 778 is going to be better. You may want to up it slowly until your plants show a touch of nute burn and then back off a bit.

I am curious why you believe that cutting the light several hours a day is less stressful to your plant than simply putting them into 12/12?

Latest posts

Back