My first legitimate question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevNasty

Reaction score
Well to get right to the point dont use digital timers, I learned this after the power went out causing my timer to reset leaving my lights on 247 for three days. I was 4 1/2 weeks in to flower when this happened. I can tell they started to reveg from the almost one inch growth to the tip of the main cola and a bunch of little round leafs popping out. My question is if they dont hermie how much longer does this add to the finishing time? I still plan to check trichs but am wondering if i have to go another 65days?

well you can use digital timers but just remember to check the batteries

just a few extra weeks is the reply i was hoping for thanks puffin for the quick response, now i guess i'll just sit and watch for signs of non lady parts.

IMO If it is showing reveg leaf growth(those funny looking things) then flipping back to 12/12 basically resets the flowering cycle back to day #1

this was just taken so you can understand my concern currently she is almost 6wks and the reveg has seemed to stop.

101_0797.jpg

I use a CAP digital timer. Never had a problem. It has a back-up battery but I am not sure how long it lasts. I have never had to re-program it because of a power failure. Quick and efficient to program, a single outlet on each vertical side of the housing. I have not dropped it so I can not attest to shock absorbtion as yet.

I knew the batteries were dead but when it is plugged in it still works. I had all ways planned to replace them but this is my 3rd run and i guess i just forgot about it. So i take full blame for the mistake. This was ten days ago that it happened and started flower on 10/27.

In the end, check your equipment more often. 3 days is too long to let something go. In that time, insects can whack you. Dry conditions can whack you. I don't want to tell you how to run your garden but 72 hour check-ups might end up burning you.

You can continue the flower but will not be happy.

Hi rev- imo 3 days isn't enough to get a plant to start revegging- especially if you set them back to 12/12 right away. I don't see where that pic is showing signs of reveg.

I'd start checking trichs at your normal harvest window. Good luck with them.

digital timers with battery back up are good, the real danger is having a combination of digital and mechanical timers.
for example, Awhile back I had my lights plugged into a digi and my fan on a mechanical, power went out for 2hrs in the middle of the day while i was at work, so lights come on at regular time, fan didnt.:eek:

no timers on fans here anymore, all fans plug str8 into the wall, let them run 24/0

That plant does not look like it has started revegging. As long as you see no male flowers(hermie) you should be fine

The bud pic looks pretty good to me. I do not see the signs of reveg on it either. It looks like it may be being fed a tiny bit much on the N with the slight eagle claw on some of the leafs but they look good.

If it where to have started a re-veg then I would be of the same opinion as ozzydiodude. If you are re-vegging then you are re-starting.

Well I will just continue to wait and watch, fingers crossed for no hermies. Thanks again everyone. I'm not very good at keeping a journal but I have wanted to show MP my setup for a while now since everything I know came from this site and nowhere else.

Pic1: 2' x 4' x 8' closet grow. 2 1/2' for veg 5 1/2' for flower.
Pic2: My homemade dual 150w cool tube straight from THG's DIY.
Pic3: The ballast setup for the dual 150 that was wired by me.
Pic4: The last 3 girls harvested 3wks apart last one on 11/22.
(if you look close the green bucket in the back is the Hash Berry in ?)
Pic5: WW in all her glory at 55 days.

cab.jpg

light.jpg

dual150Wballast.jpg

preCut.jpg

WWbud.jpg

Very nice setup -- well done! -- that WW is a beaut :)

Thanks HemperFi, The light puts out 33,000 lumen's so it may be a little short thats why I put it on a slide rail so at least they would be dispersed evenly. I try and move it every day but lately I have been working so much I was only moving it every few days when I watered.

you see I didn't even know that there was a power outage until 2 days later when I checked the local news. Then I went to check the new girls and the lights were on when they weren't supposed to be so i reset the timer but when I did I messed up the on and off and they were both set to off, then I come home after work and their off when they should have been on so I changed the start and stop times more to my schedule instead of on at noon off at midnight their on at 6pm off 6am. In the end they were on for maby 2 1/2 days max off 18hr then back to 12/12.

Latest posts

Back