My Friends.... Whiteberry & Cali Orange Bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BushyKush420

Reaction score
This journal will be updated once a week (with pictures) every Wednesday (Weedsday) lol

First Pic are California Orange Bud -- Started flowering Dec 13th

Second Pic
The biggest one in veg is Whiteberry about year old, and most of the smaller ones in the veg are whiteberry, and 1 cali (future mom)which is the back row 2nd from the right.. (will be cropped) the cali strain my friend has had for years now. 4-6 years.

Third Pic all the clones in the white clone tub are whiteberry, -- about 2-3 weeks old, from start of taking of clone

eventually my friend will have a new whiteberry mother (cropped) to keep her short and fat, and the current whiteberry mother will go outside this upcoming season. due to it got to tall on my friend, and has no lower growth, shes all TOP heavy lol.. :)

All Soilless Organic Here ATM

BK

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

Very nice setup -- how do you keep the temps down in that first pic? The clones look real good as well. Nice looking grow -- keep it green, my friend

Peace

HemperFi said:
Very nice setup -- how do you keep the temps down in that first pic? The clones look real good as well. Nice looking grow -- keep it green, my friend

Peace

thanks Hemper Fi, and as for the temp in the flower room, its winter time so the temps here have been bout 20-30's outside, and inside we conserve our heat, so we keep the stat at 59 sometimes 60. therefore the closet dont get to hot, but i ofc also have in the attic the exhaust/ carbon filter setup that works the both of the rooms. i have like 3, 4 inch inline fans, one at the top of the veg room back wall, exiting to the attic, into a Y intersection, the other side of the Y is the receiver from the Flower room,

lollollol soooo i am so high that i thought it would be easier to make a paint job of it.. the pictures later will make alot more sense.. lol

but i think i missed a inline a fan in there.. maybe theres one just after the Y goin into the big fan.

Flower room, has 2- 400 HPS lamps.. only one is in use at the moment.

Veg room, has 2- 35 watts fluros.. each are equivalent to 300 watts i think.. :) so rather a good cheap way to VEG.. thinkin on addin 2 more 35 watters.. facing the opposite way

and im able to keep my veg at 70'F and 60 % humdity, and my flower room dont get above 75'f and the humidity is bout 30% or 40%

summertime is a lil diff.. i get lil higher temps, like 80'f-85'f in veg and maybe 85'f-90'f in flower..

exhaust setup.jpg

Nice! Looks like you'll have some good stuff to show us soon! Just a thought, If you can, I'd take that carpet out of the closet, in the event it gets humid and wet you might end up with some mould which is never good. If you can't get rid of the carpet, I'd suggest maybe putting some plastic down. Lots of horrible things live in carpeting.

Good work though! can't wait to see more.

PartyBro420 said:
Nice! Looks like you'll have some good stuff to show us soon! Just a thought, If you can, I'd take that carpet out of the closet, in the event it gets humid and wet you might end up with some mould which is never good. If you can't get rid of the carpet, I'd suggest maybe putting some plastic down. Lots of horrible things live in carpeting.

Good work though! can't wait to see more.

ya def hear ya there bout the carpet, but i dont own the house. and im able to keep my humidity down nuff. that i have no probs luckily, and ive already done like 4 or so grows in these closets and they have been great so far. :) wierd thing is in my veg room i have carpet too, and i keep the humidity at 60ish% and havnt had ne problems either. which i SHOULD try and change anyway.. the landlord dont really care what i do, its just the time and the money to change it.. :( sidenote: i also be very careful when watering. not to overwater and make it overflow the trays. never get wet carpet, unless ofc were talking bout my gf, then.... lol nevermind

ive also pondered on the idea of switching my rooms completely, making my current veg my new flower room, and old flower room, the new veg room. cuz the current veg room is more of a square room with taller ceiling(9ft) where as the flower room right now is a rectangle room with the ceiling that slants from 7ft down to bout 5ft.

Hey, I say the taller the better, It can accommodate taller plants, and in a square I would think the light is distributed more evenly amongst the entire space.

Looking very nice :aok:. Orange Bud was my first ever grown weed ... 9 years ago. If only i knew then what i know now ;).

Regardin height everyone with their own but tall plants are not that good if you don't have some type of vert light. IMO. Dissipation/dispersion of light is something bad.

Good luck with tha grow.

Well in consideration of the height at 9 feet, that's not an overly tall room. Plus the light has to hang, and if you're using an air cooled shade that isn't a cooltube you're more than likely gonna eat up about 2-2.5 feet at the minimum from chain and shade, so 6.5 feet of usable height, I don't think would be too bad. That's also if you don't end up making a 2 level set up anywhere.

You are right though, the taller the plant the more desirable it would be to have a couple vertical lights.

im looking to do a sog/hydro. of some sort.. and im usually able to hang my lights 12 inches to 20 inches above the tops.. with no probs.

soo lower parts of the plant dont really matter much.. and/ or ill eventually get another 400 hps. to total 1200 watts.. which would still do great, with taller plants(start to flower at 2-3 ft) to end at bout 5-6 ft.. not to tall. :) still have 3 ft left over for the lights

cpl of pics of the exhaust and the attic.. was bored, figured id get cpl up here.

im def gonna be switching my rooms after this next harvest.. after lookin at my current flower room. the ceiling is 8ft, down to bout 6 ft. the pics explain it.

and you get to see my homemade carbon filter. i guess its a lil smaller than 3ft, more like 2 and half feet. but it works wonders!! very happy with that DIY. and on the first try.. :)

WHAT??? theres a limit on pictures posted?

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

you should be sucking air through the filter instead of blowing into it. thats what im seeing in the pictures?

i think PnN is right, it looks likre the air coming in is gonna come out the filter...............thats backwards....if it is! but gonna be a nice grow area when done!

yes guys it is pushing the stale room air thru the squrriel fan, and exiting thru the carbon filter. but it seems to be working just fine. i used this same setup once without the filter. and i could smell it OUTSIDE my house, just as ur about to open the screendoor to get onto the porch to the front door.

made that filter and had it setup just like this, never smelled it again, not even while inside the room that the flower closet is in..

but when i switch up my rooms.. ill def think bout putting the carbon filter in the flower room. so the air that exits the flower room, exits thru the filter FIRST. (PRY MAKE A 2ND DIY CARBON FILTER MAYBE 8 OR 10 INCH X 3 OR 4 FT LONG) FOR THE FLOWER ROOM AND USE THE OLD ONE FOR THE VEG.. SAFETY PRECAUTIONS..

i guesss i only did it this way. so both rooms have smell control. :) as opposed to having 2 filters. (one for each room) i also know that the veg room dont smell as bad as the flower, but still gives off some smell, just wanted to be covered by both rooms getting filtered.. :)

with 1 plant?

trust me......you need to turn the fan around.......pulling air out of the room....then add another fan pulling air in!

Kushluvr said:
with 1 plant?

trust me......you need to turn the fan around.......pulling air out of the room....then add another fan pulling air in!

the fan cant be turned around, if i did, it would be blowing air INTO the flower room. as of right now, it is pulling air out of the flower room.. what u talkin bout is putting the filter IN the flower room? right?

i think it was 4-6 or so plants in flower.. few widow. and few cali most likely. when i smelled it by the front door..

and ill try to switch the filter around, (so this means the veg room dont get any filter action)? its just i figure id wait til when i switched the rooms around so i wouldnt waste my time putting up a filter that im just gonna take down soon anyway, to switch the rooms around... or should i really do it asap? cant wait til after these are done?

time expected that id change the rooms around.. (4-5 months)

so what i get out of your vent setup is your y split goes into one room and the other into the other room? how close are the rooms together? what i would do is vent the veg room into the flower then exhaust the flower room if possible.

if not possible i dont think the veg room really needs a filter, its the flowering one that stinks usally. some plants could use it in veg though but can get by the way you vent into the attic.

If you dont smell anything outside. Leave it be. Thats what is important. Some pull thru, some push into filter. Both can work. I have done both. I used to Y both veg and flower into a large enough filter for both rooms. As I found te filter type worked better at the emd of the line. In the end, if it dont smell, thats what matters.

The closets are back to back..

but i think ill just leave it the way it is for now. as it IS doing its job. but when i switch the rooms, ill def change it.. :)

either way its working. lol

but def thank you for all ur advice.

BK

nouvellechef said:
If you dont smell anything outside. Leave it be. Thats what is important. Some pull thru, some push into filter. Both can work. I have done both. I used to Y both veg and flower into a large enough filter for both rooms. As I found te filter type worked better at the emd of the line. In the end, if it dont smell, thats what matters.

Trust your nose, if it dont smell thats what matters.

heres a lil eye candy for ya.. :)

i cant seem to figure out this camera i have.. im trying to get a close up of a bud.. like really close up. but it ends up blurry. or unfocus like. ne suggestions? i have use a magnifying glass but cant seem to find that at the moment.. but as soon as i figure that out, ill have some close ups of the yummy sticky ness that shall arise out of these beauties.. in person they look great, but still lil yellowing, i fed them food so im waiting to see if it takes it well, or what. (how long does it usually take for a plant to use up what you have just fed her?) i am stuck at the moment on deciding if they are still getting better, or yellowing more, for a lil bit i noticed change for the better, but maybe has stopped..? ??? ill notice i guess in a few more days whether they r getting healthier or sicker..

how often do you feed yours? (fish emulsion and seaweed. for veg, and bloom booster for flower here.) at the moment i only use 1 tbs of BB per gallon, anybody ever use this stuff? i usually feed them ever 2-3 waterings.. is that enough or should i be feeding more often? example: i water 2-3 times then on the 3rd or 4th watering i use nutes.. then back to plain ph'd water.. and repeat.. ne suggestions? :)

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

Latest posts

Back