My future grow plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate of Rohan

Padawan Grower
Reaction score
so i decided that DWC system would be the best set up for me. i know the basic idea of it but i have a few questions. first of all is there a strain that is best suited for DWC growth or will any strain do good in it. second what type of nutrient should i use per gallon of water? im worried about having a too high concentrate (or too low for that matter) and damaging the plant. Im going to be doing this indoors in a shed type building in the back of my property (theres a good amount of trees near it so it dosnt draw any attention to itself) i was wondering if it would need any extra attention such as a c02 boost or a humidifier to keep it healthy. lastly what would be the best type of lighting to use i was thinking a few fluorescent lights. (p.s sorry for all the questions i just want everything to go good haha) :watchplant: so yeah any insight you guys have would be much appreciated. :icon_smile:

first of all is there a strain that is best suited for DWC growth or will any strain do good in it.

Any strain will work

second what type of nutrient should i use per gallon of water?

I use GH3 part with great results. The dosage depends on the stage of the plant.

what would be the best type of lighting to use

Hps for flower and t-5's for veg

yeah any insight you guys have would be much appreciated

We have a great resource section in our forum.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

as far as i know, strain doesn't matter. whether it be hydro, soil, organic etc. as long as you create an enviroment to the plants liking, and feed her properly. she will be happy.

optimal lighting - t5's for veg, hps for flowering
(i use cfl's b/c initial costs of t5's+hps was a little out of my price range)

depending on what nutes you go with. start off with the reccomended dosage, and keep upping the concentration till you being to see slight nute burn. then dial them back just a tad, and you've found the right formula for your plants.

as far as what you "need"
- lights & timers
- fan with a high enough cfm to swap air, and a small amount of ducting
- medium
- reservoir
- air stone/stones
- air pump
- air hose
- flat white paint or reflective mylar
- fan to move air around, and strangthin stems for heavy buds
- you MUST check your shed for light leaks, and seal them off
- ph meter
- ppm meter
- thermometer/hygrometer
- ph up/down
- air conditioner/heater/humidifier/dehumidifier (all depends on season/cliamte you live in)
- h2o2
- nutes, i'd suggest a 3part system, and some cal/mg
...i think i covered the basics, help me out MP incase i missed anything important (im going off memory)

co2 is NOT needed, and you should research it to a great extent if considering it. it can be very expensive.

if you live in a very dry climate and keeping the humidity in range is a problem. then yes you may very well need a humidifier

adequet lighting is very important. you need to get the square footage of the space you are using and divide your total lumen output of all your lights. you need 3000 lumens/sqft for veg (minimum) and 5000 lumens/sqft for flower (minimum)

i made myself a checklist, and go through it everyday

- check air temp
- check water temp
- check ph
- check rh
- check plants for disease or insects
- check reservoir for algea/slime
- check timers to see that their working properly

gl with your grow i hope this helps

awesome thanks for that ill be keeping that in mind when im buying the materials. once i set up ill start a grow journal and post some before and after pics :D

Now that you have decided on a growing method, start reading up on it. There are several things that are critical for a good DWC grow.

Shortbus has written a couple of very concise posts. In addition to the list of things to check, I would add your ppms. The ppms tend to drift if the pH drifts.

Latest posts

Back