My grows and fk'd up thoughts. Dig it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spunom

Reaction score
This is my favorite place to grow. Top notch.

You've seen my grow (?) till now. It's going good. I'm new to organics. My soil can be improved.

Slow and steady wins the race. Complacency is evil.

I started with some promix
0bcca7d2-54ea-45bd-820a-657202dd0797_3.74f77e2ebd3e02180d60944398bc202d.jpeg.jpg

some EWC, and perlite.

You read a lot when you're neurotic. The info never fits your needs when you're looking for EXACT answers. Sumbiches say "search...." The searches don't fit your OCD needs!

I found a ratio for ammendments. Seen it a few times. There's:

Kelp meal (twice as much)
Dolomite lime
Mycorrhizal fungi
Azomite
Jobes organics all purpose
Nectar for the Gods

I grew a male and and two females in that. One hermied on me and ruined both (grr). The male was robust and beautiful.... until the fkr grew balls!!! Devastating.

I made more soil. It was:
Sphagnum peat moss
The same ammendments mix with more kelp and Jobes.

Mixed both soils together. 60+ days later, no luck on a viable plant!

Last edited:
I bought a bag of Miracle Grow Performance Organics. Ikr... "organic"

I didn't need it. Gd seeds were the problem the WHOLE TIME! The ones I paid for!! It wasn't my soil after all 🥳

Going on 7 weeks (Sunday). Feeding 1 Tbsp on EM every gallon.

20211209_200838.jpg

I have a SF1000 and a Maxsisun (equivalent... I forget the model).

I feel like it should be bigger. I want to fill the screen. Do I need more nitrogen? Should I just quit overthinking it?

I do that alot. I've killed a couple plants because of that.

Last edited:
If you are still in Veg stage, You may want to construct an additional screen 4 to 5 inches above the first. You would be able to snake them out just a little further. If you are already at 12/12 skip it this time around. Scrog was my intention with my current grow and it got away from me because of my hectic work schedule. Don't be too hard on yourself. NOOB is slightly insulting to me as I have been at this since 1984 but my forte is outdoors, guerrilla style. Always on someone elses land. That is frowned upon these days but it still goes on. About 8 years ago now I was running an indoor hydro nft pvc system and knocking it out of the park. Pumped out about 30 to 35 ozs every 3 months with clones and going straight into 12/12 once they rooted. (Yellow Bottles). I would say stop overthinking !! (I know it's hard because Mrs. Monkey is big into that) patience is virtue. Keep Mores Law in mind (More is not better) and remember "It's a Weed" Unless you screw something up big time chances are you will recover and it will find a way to keep growing. Mix your nutrients at 3/4 strength. AND MY NEWEST ONE ... Don't believe everything the seed companies tell you. I been paying special attention when the (OG's) "Old Growers" here mention their seeds and seed companies. Take notes if you need to. And this is the best most friendly place to get advice. I have been a member at a couple forums where I was too afraid to even ask questions. Don't beat yourself up. I'm still funkin stuff up. Every once in a while it is something I should have darn well have known better. Check out my thread when you get a chance.

If you are still in Veg stage, You may want to construct an additional screen 4 to 5 inches above the first. You would be able to snake them out just a little further. If you are already at 12/12 skip it this time around. Scrog was my intention with my current grow and it got away from me because of my hectic work schedule. Don't be too hard on yourself. NOOB is slightly insulting to me as I have been at this since 1984 but my forte is outdoors, guerrilla style. Always on someone elses land. That is frowned upon these days but it still goes on. About 8 years ago now I was running an indoor hydro nft pvc system and knocking it out of the park. Pumped out about 30 to 35 ozs every 3 months with clones and going straight into 12/12 once they rooted. (Yellow Bottles). I would say stop overthinking !! (I know it's hard because Mrs. Monkey is big into that) patience is virtue. Keep Mores Law in mind (More is not better) and remember "It's a Weed" Unless you screw something up big time chances are you will recover and it will find a way to keep growing. Mix your nutrients at 3/4 strength. AND MY NEWEST ONE ... Don't believe everything the seed companies tell you. I been paying special attention when the (OG's) "Old Growers" here mention their seeds and seed companies. Take notes if you need to. And this is the best most friendly place to get advice. I have been a member at a couple forums where I was too afraid to even ask questions. Don't beat yourself up. I'm still funkin stuff up. Every once in a while it is something I should have darn well have known better. Check out my thread when you get a chance.
I'm happy with this grow.

I'm not big on using lols. I probably should since typing kills the tone of how I'm saying things.

Lol

We did a guerrilla grow out by the lake. 1.5 mile walk to the spot. Then thru the briar patch. I got screwed over on that one, but still got some good smoke out of it.

Screw the other forums I was on. A few mean a$$holes ruined them... Make you feel stupid. Not here. I like this place.

I may scrap the whole SCROG thing next time. I'm starting to like the idea of main-lining. Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks for the advice. I'm not in 12/12 yet. I'd like to spread it out a couple more grid squares before I flip it. I figure another week or two maybe. Patience really is the hard part. I got my eye on the prize tho!

Last edited:
I've been using pipe cleaners to tie the branches down. Bad idea. One started cutting in a tiny bit. Gonna pick up some wire this weekend. No real damage, but is definitely could become worse.

20211210_070454.jpg

These plants are pretty tuff I use Pipe cleaners all the time when I have trained mine. What wire will be better?
Down at Norby's they have some of the 2.5mm garden plant training wire (idk the actual name). The pipe cleaners have worked before for me, I just don't like the way it's cutting in. Makes me nervous lol.

Down at Norby's they have some of the 2.5mm garden plant training wire (idk the actual name). The pipe cleaners have worked before for me, I just don't like the way it's cutting in. Makes me nervous lol.
OK you talking the heavy coated plant wire Got it , Good stuff

For next time
I use this brand and have had good results ( I add perlite to it for lil extra drainage ) Has enough nutes to get me into flower . Once in Flower you need to add teas, or other organics.
Not Bad at all for $26 delivered in US from Amazon.
I just ordered another 2 bags.
Mother Earth Terracraft Potting Soil, All Purpose Potting Soil For All Plants, Flowers, Vegetables And Tomatoes, 2 Cu. Ft.
Looks like some good stuff. I'll pick some up. Thanks for the help!

Do y'all use EM? Here's the recipe I use (it's not yours!):

1/4 cup of rice
1 cup of water

Put that in a jar and shake the s#!t out of it. Strain the rice out.

Let that sit for a week loosely covered. Sift the junk off the top and strain.

1/2 gallon of milk

Add the rice water to the milk. Loosely cover and let it sit for a week.

Pull the curds and strain.

Add some molasses to feed the microbes.

1 Tbsp/gallon of water.

I believe it is working. (Of course it is!)

You can use the rice/milk juice to make bokashi. I haven't done that yet.

Shocky is drinking more now. Last week I added a gallon of water twice. This week, I added the same, but the second gallon was needed a day earlier.

I'm using spring water.

Last edited:
Sammi love to go check the plant. I ask her "wanna go check the plant?", and she runs to the door 😂.

Last edited:
I keep my SIP uncovered to keep the gnats away. If I make bokashi, I'm going to have to cover or mulch it. Will I still get bugs? Probably better with mulch?

I may have to recharge my soil. Idk yet, because I've not been able to see the health of my plant(s) thru flower. I love to learn. I should probably learn how to make teas just in case.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back