My Journey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next week I am putting up a doggie for someone. I should think it will get on with my two Springers OK. Though my male Springer still has PTDD (Post Traumatic Dog Disorder) from nearly being ripped apart by a Pit Bull. And I have PTSD from remembering what I did to the Pit Bull with a twelve inch chef's knife. So let's hope everything will be amiable.

Next week I am putting up a doggie for someone. I should think it will get on with my two Springers OK. Though my male Springer still has PTDD (Post Traumatic Dog Disorder) from nearly being ripped apart by a Pit Bull. And I have PTSD from remembering what I did to the Pit Bull with a twelve inch chef's knife. So let's hope everything will be amiable.
You really need to read the dogs, some dogs just can not get along with others period
Pits get a bad rap for just this, I would never let a pit around my dog and he is a protection dog 155lbs, the breed I have can kill a wolf or a bear if attack and the need was there.
I hate to see any animals suffer, I hope they both survived,
Dont get me wrong if anything attacked my dog and I was in fear of it hurting or killing him I would be on that dog like flynn.
Sorry for your loss if that did happen.

I see @leafminer now
e52bcca77426effc11cc0f57cf24c401.gif

I am at my best when I can help someone else in pain. Is that too serious for this forum?

Hoping for healing for you. Please be kind to yourself. Life is cruel. You did your best. I have my own demons. Pray. Forgiveness is there for you.

S
You Know I was just thinking , imagine that?
But seriously Shiloh ever think of doing volunteer work at a local HOSPIS
They are always looking for dedicated people to help out the families and for food service and such. Very rewarding work for those with the heart for it.

You really need to read the dogs, some dogs just can not get along with others period
Pits get a bad rap for just this, I would never let a pit around my dog and he is a protection dog 155lbs, the breed I have can kill a wolf or a bear if attack and the need was there.
I hate to see any animals suffer, I hope they both survived,
Dont get me wrong if anything attacked my dog and I was in fear of it hurting or killing him I would be on that dog like flynn.
Sorry for your loss if that did happen.
No, I had to kill it. I had to stab it four times to make it stop ripping my dog up. It came to our doorstep... the electricity people were working in the street and rang the bell for some reason, my dog came with me to the door, and this Pit came up the steps and set about my dog. I think it was a bait dog or abandoned as a loser, it was missing an ear and covered in scars.
I freaked... asked the electrician for s knife, he gave me this pathetic thing that bounced off. I yelled at my wife to bring the big carbon-steel knife and she did... after it let go it looked straight at me, I went into the stance with the knife held straight out at its face, it thought better and staggered as far as the next corner. I was standing there covered in its blood, holding the knife, and I then saw that all the neighbours had come out and were watching me with shocked faces. So I called the emergency vet and the van came and took mine and the other away, I had them euthanise it, and they managed to fix mine back up. After this I routinely carried a chain as a weapon when walking my dog. Just in case.

No, I had to kill it. I had to stab it four times to make it stop ripping my dog up. It came to our doorstep... the electricity people were working in the street and rang the bell for some reason, my dog came with me to the door, and this Pit came up the steps and set about my dog. I think it was a bait dog or abandoned as a loser, it was missing an ear and covered in scars.
I freaked... asked the electrician for s knife, he gave me this pathetic thing that bounced off. I yelled at my wife to bring the big carbon-steel knife and she did... after it let go it looked straight at me, I went into the stance with the knife held straight out at its face, it thought better and staggered as far as the next corner. I was standing there covered in its blood, holding the knife, and I then saw that all the neighbours had come out and were watching me with shocked faces. So I called the emergency vet and the van came and took mine and the other away, I had them euthanise it, and they managed to fix mine back up. After this I routinely carried a chain as a weapon when walking my dog. Just in case.
Man sorry to hear , I believe you did what had to be done
People who train the dogs to fight should be forced to do the same.
Also I carry Capsaicin Pepper spray (get a strong one) you can order from amazon
Stuff works extremely well, hit both fighting dogs and most times they stop right away.
If not I pull my gun and shoot the other dog,

You reacted in the best way you could.I'm sorry you have been traumatized, as well as your springer. Hoping you both will heal in time.

Latest posts

Back