My meager start, one out of two....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
I tried germinating two seeds last week and got one to start so here I go....
It's a Big Buddha Cheese and it's about 5 days old. This is an indoor grow organic soil, under CFL's in a space bucket. I'm not going to spend a lot if time in veg because there isn't a lot of room in the bucket so after I get a few nodes I'll think about some chopping and then go to 12/12 and see what happens.

View attachment IMG_0764.jpg

2RedEyes, hey no problems, your plant is growing. You've got it all over someone who has to go to the dispensary, you participate and make this happen. No small feat. Green Mojo
:watchplant:

I would suggest that you give it a decent veg time. With a plant from seed, it is not going to flower until it is sexually mature, regardless of when you put it into flowering. What will happen is that the plant will stretch looking for light that it doesn't have until it is mature enough to flower. What you will end up with is a small plant that will produce a few grams. It is really counterproductive to do this with a seed plant.

I would suggest that you give it a decent veg time. With a plant from seed, it is not going to flower until it is sexually mature, regardless of when you put it into flowering. What will happen is that the plant will stretch looking for light that it doesn't have until it is mature enough to flower. What you will end up with is a small plant that will produce a few grams. It is really counterproductive to do this with a seed plant.

:aok:

spot on

Well, I'll leave it in veg till it fills up the available space and I'll admit I'm a noobe but I kinda expect it to stretch a bit after the change anyway... I'ma learn'n, & that's why I'm here.

fellow CA friend---glad you found us and got the itch to grow ur own---loads of solid info here---we have already made all the mistakes for you---welcome aboard---what's a space bucket???

fellow CA friend---glad you found us and got the itch to grow ur own---loads of solid info here---we have already made all the mistakes for you---welcome aboard---what's a space bucket???

It's all I got room for. Actually it's a 5 gallon bucket with several more 5 gallon buckets stacked on for height. The bottom 3/4's of the upper buckets are cut off so the just act as an extension for more height. A couple hole cut into the sides of the lower with some fans and a couple fans in the top along with as many cfl's as you can fit. I think I have 6 in mine, each of the a/c cords has 2 cfl's attached. So basically one plant at a time but my needs are small and I have a couple more stackable bucket tops to extend the height as needed, but it seems to me that I'm a little slack for 9 days...first grow though so o don't really know?

View attachment IMG_7077.jpg

View attachment IMG_7078.jpg

yup and you can tell she's mature when the nodes start to alternate
if you want bushy, not tall, top at 7th node, discard the crap at the bottom and go in to flower with no more than 4 - 6 branches.

My baby's coming along slowly... day 13

Hydroton rules... you don't need those plugs, just wet the stones, the seed will stick, even if it doesn't grab on to the rock, it'll fall and take a tad longer to come up is all. Just mist rocks often until you see seedlings.

2redeyes hahaha good one

Hey Sopappy, thanks for the advice. She looks to me like she wants to be bushy as she's not got a lot of height yet for her many leaves. But I'm such a noobi that I don't really know. I will top her when I can see a good spot to do that just letting her get along for a bit.
Her she is today....

View attachment IMG_7115.jpg

We all started small. Plant is looking good right now. Just keep giving her what she needs & you are on your way!

Hey Sopappy, thanks for the advice. She looks to me like she wants to be bushy as she's not got a lot of height yet for her many leaves. But I'm such a noobi that I don't really know. I will top her when I can see a good spot to do that just letting her get along for a bit.
Her she is today....

yer welcome but consider what you paid for it before you take it :)
I've been doing this for 6 years now and I still don't get those big yields.

It is a remarkable plant but if things aren't right, she'll just sit there and stare at you until you figure it what's wrong (that's also a good sign she's a she:)

But bad things can happen fast in hydro. Post pictures, some good heads in here.

I didn't see that coming. Talk about things happening fast in hydro :)
why so soon?

It's an organic soil grow in a very tight space....

Latest posts

Back