my messy growing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here i am again :ciao:

Today is the 10th day in flowering for my stressed babies, yesterday they had a light burn damage because of my habit to try to keep the lamp as close as possible to the plants :rolleyes: I'm also having bad times trying to fight a strange, damn hot, summer heat. I still don't have a cool tube and i pointed a fan directly to the light in a way that bring the hot air far from the plants and inside an air flow created by two opposite windows. But the problem is that the outside air itself is very hot, it peaks at 33 celsius degrees. I think the only solution will be the cool tube keeping the room shadowed all the day but even in this way, in such an hot summer, it will be pretty impossible to have the MJ optimal temperature in the room.

Anyway, i see flowers!!!:peace::yay::woohoo:
I can't believe but the babies have started their production! Even so stressed and so ugly looking they are doing their job showing a genetic able to resist to all my errors… i'm trying to root 4 clones (without rooting hormones) of these proved strong plants.

The topped plant will probably have 4 colas and some popcorn, the LSTed one i don't know, maybe a "big" cola and many more little ones…. hopefully. Or maybe i'll have so many heat problems that they will end up having just small buds here and there, anyway it's all experience gained so, thanks again to all of you for the precious and skillful advices!

heat.png

babies.png

topped.png

LSTed.png

clones.png

Hey Pistil! Good to hear an update! looks like everything turned out pretty well... how tall are those ladies? if you are only in day 10, the stretch has probably only just begun, those are gonna get big!

Sorry if you've discussed this before, but for 12/12 how do you manage light leak? It looks like your plants are in a big room, do you just turn the light off and not go in the room?
I haven't done much cloning myself, but it seems like humidity while rooting is paramount. Maybe put a 2L bottle half over each of those cups until you see signs of positive phototropism? someone else will chime in to correct me probably...

sMACk

Hey sMACk, thanks for the tips! I'll fix the humidity issue of the clones right today.

About the 12/12 you're right, i'm darkening the entire room. Luckily the window have a roll-up shutter that is very effective and i have just two very small leaks from the keyhole and under the door but i can totally fix them with two towels. I lock the room at 8PM, leaving a small desktop fan in action, and i open it at 8AM… seems to work in some way.

The ladies are 65cm tall (a little more than 2 feet) from the soil level, inside 15Lt buckets (4 gallons) and yes, i've noticed an acceleration in the stretch in these days and, even if don't have height problems, the next week-end i'll try to find a better solution than that small cabinet… lol, i'm planning to build some kind of an indian tent (a little more cylindrical than a real tepee) with a reflective material that a friend brought me and two metal stairs…. as always very professional stuffs here:cool:

Anyway, as a first time grower, i would love to end up having the problem of two big MJ trees in my house:icon_smile:
I hope they'll become 4 feet tall with 1 feet tall colas, this would be a dream that come true!:farm:

Plants lookin mighty happy pilgrem ;) Yual showin off yur green thumb well. Hope yual yield yur needs in end lookin like yual will.

BWD

All the eventually yield will be used fireside:D

Sounds like a disclaimer, i will put it on the jar: To be used fireside :smoke1:

14th day of flowering, a very quick update to celebrate the end of the second week of 12/12:yay:

The damaged leaves are naturally falling and the plants looks a bit better, flowers are growing and i'm really counting the seconds before the harvest!

Photo1 is a family shot with the 2 plants, the clones in their sparkling new humidity dome (tnx to sMACk!) and the only two seeds left (of the same unknown strain) that i've germinated just to have something more to do in that some kind of grow room.

Photo2 show better how strangely shaped are my plants, mainly the one where i made that LST attempt. Next time will go better:eek:

Photo 3 shows the clones, i've been able to put my hands on the rooting hormone so i've re-cutted the bottom of the previously prepared 4 clones and i added 3 new clones gathering them from some small bottom branch of the plants. All of them are "hormonized" and planted in soil inside peat fiber pots. I'm praying for them (even if i'm not religious at all) because i would love to start my second grow with them.

Photos 4 and 5 are closeup of the plants.

Could you maybe guess if they are indica or sativa?

plants.png

plantsShape.png

clones.png

flowers1.png

flowers2.png

Nice work friend be settin yur fireside and enjoyin the sites and company.

BWD

Looks really good man, the cloning dome is perfect! Your LST job on the plant on the far right is hilarious! You had it right you just have to keep LSTing it, haha well everything looks good and your plants look well developed for 2 weeks.

sMACk

You will pray me to explain how to train a plant in that manner once you'll see my harvest!:rant::D

I'm starting to think that i'll be lucky because everyday i notice the flowers become bigger and closer. This could become a very quick flowering… but i don't know at all, i'm just hoping.

I'll post some pics at the 30th day so that you guys will be able to tell me how my babies are going, can't wait!

BWD, cool MVP avatar man!:cool2:

Thanks all again and have a great day!

Hi again friends, just another quick update and sorry for not participating to the forum in these weeks.

These shots are at ~30th day in flowering.
The plants are not stretching as expected, probably they are suffering the summer heat, but the buds are getting fat and closer and their smell is marvelous. I already have many brown pistils (probably the heat again) but things seems stable and i'm hoping in a pretty decent harvest in 4-6 weeks from now.

I'll keep you posted and tnx again, I'll need your help to understand when to chop the babies:ciao:

plants1.png

plants2.png

tops1.png

tops2.png

colita.png

Some plants simply do not stretch much. I wouldn't worry--they look wonderful. Buds that that turn brown or reddish early on may be pollinated. Any chance they came in contact with pollen?

Hey thanks for the comments!

THG, i think i've been very prudent with my males, i killed'em very soon without waiting for clusters of preflowers… in fact i may have even accidentally killed a female because of my anxiety of getting rid of the males. But sometimes i bring my plants on the terrace to get the sun (i spray all the terrace with insecticide before putting the plants there) so they may have been pollinated by the wind? Am i really such unlucky?

I'm still hoping that those brown pistils are coming because of something else but, anyway, when should i start to see seeds if they are really have been pollinated?

I'm pretty scared so i'm going to add some closeup to let you experts investigate my brown pistils. Once again, thanks for all the assistance!

pic1.png

pic2.png

pic3.png

pic4.png

pic5.png

IME brown of the pistils at this time of yr is due to the heat. The plant transpires water droplets out and they get on the pistils when tthe sunlight hits them it boils off the droplet and the plants gets a little damage from the heat.

I don't think those have enough brown hairs to even be counted--most of those pistils are sporting beautiful white hair. You have done a great job!

Thanks again guys!!! For your precious opinions and for the compliments!
I've been lucky till now and i've had great advices from all of you, i hope things will go well till the end and that i'll be able to dry and cure the flowers in a decent way. I will not miss to study the apposite sticky at the right moment. Anyway, MP rocks! You have led a noob with a bunch of bag seeds to have two very good smelling plants and a minimum but working knowledge in matter of growing… and that's not bad at all!:cool2:

Latest posts

Back