my messy growing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pistil said:
Thanks again guys!!! For your precious opinions and for the compliments!
I've been lucky till now and i've had great advices from all of you, i hope things will go well till the end and that i'll be able to dry and cure the flowers in a decent way. I will not miss to study the apposite sticky at the right moment. Anyway, MP rocks! You have led a noob with a bunch of bag seeds to have two very good smelling plants and a minimum but working knowledge in matter of growing… and that's not bad at all!:cool2:

Some people just have a green thumb--you must be one of them. You will learn more with every grow.

Many thanks again to all:eek: , i hope i'll have many other chances to grow but i'll also have to move to another house in some months, for job reasons, and so i'll have to organize all the things from zero again... i'll probably have to invest in a stealth grow tent if i want to stay safe and i'll have to evaluate the new house conditions but i'll do my best to solve everything, even because i have some clones rooting and it would be a pity to kill them.

I'll keep you posted in the next weeks when plants will show some important changes... can't wait:icon_smile:

If you are moving, I would say that a tent would probably be an ideal purchase. They are quite inexpensive, but really do a great job and come in all different sizes.

Hum not so inexpensive from my point of view (because all the items they need to be equipped with) but they'll do their job and i can't avoid to buy one for my next home... i was very lucky here, neighbor was nice and trusted persons and the home itself is pretty safe but tomorrow i'll be between wolfs, no errors allowed.

Tnx again and i'll keep you posted!

Ohhhhhhhh, here we are again, finally! :)

I'm still super busy in these days and this very late update needs your advices pretty urgently… sorry for using you at MP just as an hemp anthology, can't wait to become again an active member!

I have not had time to take some shots of the plants till today, and today they are ~10weeks in flowering. Colas are not impressive as the ones usually posted on MP but i'm freaking happy of them, they are immense at my noob eyes! One plant is a bit fox tailed while the other have pretty compact and dense buds.

I had to wait a lot but now the trichomes seems finally ready to me, the pics are from the top of the plants, very bottom buds are still just cloudy.

I wanted to taste them so i took a small bud from the bottom of both plants and i dried them with the microwave… they are potent! Even the very bottom buds are quite strong and i'm very very proud and, again, very grateful! This MJ seems at least twenty time better than the bag seeds from which it comes and, with a decent cure, it could easily become one of the best weed i had in the last ten years. I feel as i won the lottery!:D

So, after all, are they ready? Could they wait till the next weekend or it's better if i harvest asap? Thanks in advance!

plants.png

trichomes1.png

trichomes2.png

trichomes3.png

trichomes4.png

hey watsup pistil you crazy dude . . . you gotta pretty good looking haul from those two plants . . . pics are pretty good too, I love the gnarly Marley dreaded one . . . if they were sitting here, I would get out the axe and let em have it . . . looks like you have at least 15-20% amber, and you probably don't want em going much further - or you won't be gettin off the couch for a month . . . long as most are milky, only a few still clear and 10-30% gone amber, it's a good time . . . congrats !!

jm2c :48:

I would have to say what type high you like?...I take mine when trichs are 50% Amber....Not sure how Dan can see the color of trichs:confused: maybe he has better pc :rolleyes:.. grab that scope and have a look...you said ya sampled a bud..how was it?...enjoy the Harvest

:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
I would have to say what type high you like?...I take mine when trichs are 50% Amber....Not sure how Dan can see the color of trichs:confused: maybe he has better pc :rolleyes:.. grab that scope and have a look...you said ya sampled a bud..how was it?...enjoy the Harvest

:48:

:yeahthat: ....

I cut @ 30-40% amber depending on strain... some strains i take cloudy with a few clear heads... i do that so it wont knock you right into space and have a day weed to smoke.... it really comes down to how stoney do you want your erbage.... plalants look great

Aloha
Squidy :fly:

Id be proud too, plants look great.

IMO there ready for harvest.

Hey thanks all for the comments/advices! I'm going to harvest tomorrow evening!:farm::woohoo:

HannibalSmith.jpg
I love it when a plan comes together!

I just want to give a last drink to the babies, something as a last supper:hubba:
Yes, i chose to do not flush the plants because of the opinions of most of the gurus here and because of this interesting article which i partially quote for who is interested:
Flushing: pros and cons
Much time and thought has been put into the feeding needs of each part of marijuana's life cycle, yet for some reason the final stages of resin development always seem to be ignored. But the vegetative period of plant growth is only setting the platform for us to produce the trichomes that we are after.
Flushing in particular seems to be something that is over-emphasized by many of today's growers. Many growers "flush" their plants with straight water or clearing agents during the final weeks before harvest in an effort to improve taste and smokeability. The theory is that this forces the plant to use up stored nutrients that may affect these qualities. Although this is certainly true to some extent, what many are forgetting is that not all nutrients can be moved within the plant.
Nitrogen, which is the main factor in poor-tasting bud, can be moved within the plant. If not present in the root zone a plant will take it from the older leaves to support newer growth. Calcium, however, is a nutrient that cannot be moved within the plant, if it is not present in the root zone it is not available for growth. Little research has been done on nutritional requirements of cannabis during the final stages of flowering, but it seems likely that calcium is vital as it is crucial in cell division. A calcium deficiency at later stages could therefore adversely affect trichome production.
This is not as serious of a concern for soil-based growers, as lime or other calcium sources which are mixed into the soil likely will provide sufficient nutrition even while flushing with pure water. But hydroponic growers using very pure water sources with little naturally occurring calcium could have problems. Flushing is certainly a valid technique, but is easily overdone and is not a quick fix for overfeeding earlier in the flower stage.
Some studies have shown that high potassium levels have a negative influence on THC production,4 which would correlate to the general belief that while hemp crops uptake more potassium than phosphorous, the reverse seems to be true for drug and seed cannabis crops.2 A study on how to minimize THC levels in hemp crops showed that THC levels in newer leaf growth decreased as nitrogen levels were increased.5 As no THC measurement was taken from floral clusters we can only speculate that the same would likely hold true in buds. This would also explain the good results that most growers have flushing their plants, as nitrogen is the nutrient most easily flushed from the soil.
Source: hXXp://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2159.html

Thanks again to all! I'll post some shots of the plants before and after the drying process when it will be complete… can't wait!:icon_smile:

So it's ended up that i harvested just today…

I've been able to use a better optic to check the trichomes and i seen that was better to wait i bit more, till yesterday when i finally found a 30% of brown glands in many different place of both plants and i decided to plan the harvest for this morning. The potency is better and i'm pretty proud to have been able to wait the necessary time:eek:

Here are some shots of what i gained, even expecting the big shrink of the drying process i hope I'll fill those 4 jars and have some good times in front of me…. me and "my" hemp :icon_smile: BTW, i'm able to smoke all that thing in a very short time… but i'll try to save her as long as possible and i really can't wait to start another, more professional, grow.... really! I feel this urgency!:farm:

I'll post some shots of the plants when they'll be dehydrated for a comparison, the fluffy one will probably become a tenth of itself:rolleyes:
:ciao:

p1.png

p2.png

Excellent job of growing, Pistil. Nice harvest you have there -- I know what you mean by feeling urgency to get started again. I took the summer off from growing and Jonesed quite a lot just thinking about it. Good luck in the future...

Peace

Well done my pilgrem friend looks like yual goin fill yur pouch and mighty happy yual did! Thanks fur sharin yur fireside with us mighty warm one it is ;)

BWD

Thanks guys! I like to keep you posted, it's a way to thank you all for the support gained here and i consider it pretty mandatory so that you can check that you didn't wasted your time helping me

The fluffy one is already shrinking! I'm actually forecasting to fill up just 3 jars but i'm still crossing my fingers for 4. Anyway, no problem, 3 or 4 it's in any case better than the 0 that i was expecting at the beginning!

Please imagine me passing you all a big tasty joint, or a bong, or a vaporizer or whatever you prefer:peace:

Pistil,
Nice job. I too hope to be filling my jars soon because of all the great people here.

Passing that tasty treat right back to you. :48:

Many thanks to all!

The rope of the roll-up shutter of my grow room is broken and so is the lamp... so i had to take a comparison shoot of the dried plants in the dark… sorry for the bad quality:rolleyes:

But i'm happy to show you some shots of my personal and solitary trim party, started at 21 o'clock and ended after midnight… it has been painful and wonderful at the same time:D

Oh, and i filled up my four jars!:D Two are just half filled because they contain the smaller plant but the other two are very full (0,75lt jars)…. well, it's a lot even for my trained lungs:eek:

Happy ending!:holysheep::woohoo:

dryiedPlants.png

tpBegin.png

closeup1.png

tpHalf.png

closeup2.png

tpEnd.png

Latest posts

Back