my mother plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAD

Reaction score
hey guys,

I just got a mother plant and it was kinda in a bad way it was under a floresnt light but i dont think it was gettin enough light.

So u transplanted it into good soil and took it from the floresnt to the HPS for a week or 2 so it can get a bit healthier before i take cuttings then i was gonna put it back under the floresnt so i can put my new plants under the HPS.

My question is, If i put the plant under the HPS for a week or so on 24/0 will i be able to put it back under the floresnt when it a bit healthier.

Thank For any advice.

RAD

Not that you can't do that, but it's better not to be changing up the lights once you get them going because it induces stress and that will slow the rate of growth. So I would say just keep them under a good fluorecent system and switch the lighting once you take the cuttings. But I guess you could switch the lights if you absolutly needed to. Hope this helps, I'm not that experienced with growing but I have learned that you really need to stay away from stressing your' plants becuase that could cause them to become male.

I thought once a plant was female that was that. It can still turn into a male? oh man Im so lost lol~

why are ladies such stress heads!!!

omniconsum3r said:
I thought once a plant was female that was that. It can still turn into a male? oh man Im so lost lol~

I don't think it's that they can go male once they have already become female, but rather they can become Hermies, which is bad too.

Changing light schedule with cause hermies... but lighting type shouldn't imho.. unless ur changing it all the time...

everyone I know keeps their mothers under 4' flouros and when they want to do some cloning they stick the mothers under a hps for a couple weeks.

Courtesy of Hick

singin' ...Your theory is not only flawed..it is totally a myth. If you had fems "turn male" it most definately did not happen due to the proximity of males. Stress can cause hermies to develop, or it may be genetic, but a male close by will NOT. It's simple biology man.
You may not be convinced, but it is a FACT and I can't/won't allow totally false information to be spread via this board.
The "only" effect that males have on females is their ability to pollinate the female pistills so that they produce seeds.

..Males contain very little thc in comparison to females, but the will produce a decent oil. The extraction process extracts the same essential iols from any cannabis plant, regardless of its sexual preference..:p..regardless of it's potency.

I agree wholeheartedly with your comment on males..."always throw males out unless i want seed." ..That is their sole pupose IMHO.

"connesseur"..ehh?...What'cha growin'?...What's yer fave?..What varieties are you familiar with?..
I like to consider myself a bit of a connaisseur, though I've probably only been privvy to growing/sampleing around 50 of the hundreds of strains and hybrids available today.

Latest posts

Back