My neighbour gave me Panama Red seeds (?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelon

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm pretty new here, being a silent reader/watcher and all. During this time I've been setting up my growroom. So, now time to get seeds. What happened the other day is perfect timing.

Ok, I know my 75 year old neighbour is a cool dude from having talked to him a few times, but I didn't know he had green fingers. We met in the stairway up to our apartments (door to door) and we started talking about pot. He said "Later I will go to my house on the countryside and plant some Panama Red that are about 2 months old. It's the best smoke.". This 75 year old man (looks 55) invited me into his apartment and told me tons of stories with the subject of marijuana. It started in the 1960s when he gave up alcohol and got in contact with pot. I was blown away, and laughing so hard from the stories..and the irony of it all. We shared a joint of suposedly Panama Red (his crop from last year) and how nice it was.

Anyways, to make a longer story shorter; when I stepped out of his door and went into my apartment he had given me a plant in a pot (2 1/2 inch high) and seeds of panama red and some seeds that he said was called "super super" or just "super" (?). He has become my coolest neighbour ever. Great, great guy.

But, I wonder if he's pulling my finger or is he for real. I actually believe him...but who knows. Here's a picture of it (it's birch pollen on the leaves, from being on his balcony) He has put 5 of these already in the woods behind his countryhouse.:

panamared.jpg

I live in Sweden btw.

That plant looks like it's off to a good start. Welcome and Good Luck on your grow Evelon. !!

Thanks Fusible! I'm looking forward to what's ahead. I've also got a few of the "super" germing as I type. I only wish I had a bigger space..but don't we all?

Panama red is still around? I have heard the stories but never seen any, keep us posted on the outcome.

I sure will, Biff. This guy is great. He said he brought alot of seeds/weeds to Sweden during the 60's and 70's from from our neighbour Denmark. When I stood there holding all these gifts I kindly asked "seriously, how much do you want for the seeds?", he replied "Well, they are free cos I got them for free". How nice.

I just have to finish up my closet and I will put a journal up. I just hope I don't mess it up. :eek: Good that there are helpful people around. :)

Welcome evelon~ looking forward to seeing the PR

What a great story Evelon. It's not that often that you end up with neighbors like that. Your new baby looks great. Cant wait to watch her grow up into a fat frosty lady. :D

That sounds like a cool ass old man....Plant looks nice too.

LoL yes my boss has a panama red tattoo on his arm ...said it was some of the best weed he has ever smoked..and hes pretty old

You've struck gold not only did you get seeds and a new mother, but you also have an experienced grower next door.

Hey guys. I'm glad you all like the story. The girl my neighbour gave me is coming up strong, but I have my computer in my recordingstudio so I don't have access to internet. I'm over at my brother now to check mails and stuff. But I have taken pictures and started taking notes of my grow, so a journal is in the works. I have 3 panama seedlings coming up aswell (closet). Until next time; happy gardening everyone!

Hey again. Just wanted to put up a picture of my girl *fingers crossed*.
It's been hot like hell here the past few days. I use flouros only (2 flora glo tubes) and a fan. She's been looking really good..but yesterday it was hillariously hot so her tips curled. Summer is here for sure (Sweden).

I figure this will be the mother of my clones. But any ideas on what to do next are welcomed.

panamared2.jpg

Hei Evelon. Lykke til, ting ser veldig bra ut=)

Latest posts

Back